• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

5 dead, 10 hospitalised

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well whether he bought the guns legally or obtained them by illegal means is really somewhat of a moot point due to the following. Seems there should be more investigation into the problem to insure that those that should not be legally able to posses firearms do not. Also I do not know if his record would have prevented him from purchasing firearms or not.
FBI database for gun buyers missing millions of records
From the above source:
Didn't you say that people with mental illnesses should be able to buy a gun? You basically want no laws.

So what happens when a person buys 50 weapons and a decade later is a felon and found mentally unstable? What happens to those guns he owns? Confiscation? Should the guns go to a family member that might have mental problems?

The NRA lobbies DC heavily for arms manufacturers. The NRA intentionally keeps doctors and mental records out of the loop. The NRA wants to sell guns, they don't care about the result of that. It's corporate policy. So the NRA is against any law or anything that may inhibit the ability to sell guns.

esmith

Veteran Member
Didn't you say that people with mental illnesses should be able to buy a gun? You basically want no laws.
You really are a piece of work arn't you I have always stated that I agree with the current Federal Laws governing the purchase of firearms.

So what happens when a person buys 50 weapons and a decade later is a felon and found mentally unstable? What happens to those guns he owns? Confiscation? Should the guns go to a family member that might have mental problems?
If a person is a felon or adjudicated mentally ill, according to Federal Law it is illegal for them to purchase a firearm. In addition if a felon is found in possession of a firearm the firearm is confiscated. Now as far as at a later date is adjudicated as mental ill it depends on the laws of the state. Now if a weapon is confiscated, then the firearms may be claimed by the family, unless they can not legally own a firearm.
The NRA lobbies DC heavily for arms manufacturers. The NRA intentionally keeps doctors and mental records out of the loop. The NRA wants to sell guns, they don't care about the result of that. It's corporate policy. So the NRA is against any law or anything that may inhibit the ability to sell guns.
Being paying to much attention to your liberal news sources haven't you. I keep telling you that one must broaden their sources of news vice relying on the anti-gun crowd for your news on this subject.
The NRA wants an ‘active’ mental illness database. Thirty-eight states have that now.
Cornyn introduces NRA-supported background-check bill