• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4th Meal

CDRaider

Does anyone else think its sad that Taco Bell's biggest adverstising slogan is "Expereince 4th meal: That nighttime meal between dinner and breakfast". What do you think that says about our society? I am on a diet and I know ever since I've started and I've been educated about the correct portions and corrent amount of food per day, I've been appauled at America. The 4th meal concept just baffles my mind. :confused:

BFD_Zayl

that is kind of sad, at night you usually sleep, when you sleep you dont burn calories (at least not alot) and the food you ate right before you slept goes BAM right to the mid-section

Booko

Deviled Hen
CDRaider said:
Does anyone else think its sad that Taco Bell's biggest adverstising slogan is "Expereince 4th meal: That nighttime meal between dinner and breakfast". What do you think that says about our society? I am on a diet and I know ever since I've started and I've been educated about the correct portions and corrent amount of food per day, I've been appauled at America. The 4th meal concept just baffles my mind. :confused:

I'm on a diet as well, and I have to have a "4th" meal.

I wouldn't eat it at Taco Bell, though. :eek:

I eat 4-5 times a day, but my meals are smaller.

Booko

Deviled Hen
BFD_Zayl said:
that is kind of sad, at night you usually sleep, when you sleep you dont burn calories (at least not alot) and the food you ate right before you slept goes BAM right to the mid-section

That's the story, but there are studies that show it ain't true.

Since I started eating an hour before I go to bed, I've gained no weight. I've lost weight.

It was the unbalanced nature of the meals that was the problem, and waiting too long between them (I'm hypoglycemic -- eating frequent small meals works better).

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Yeah...

...and my hips are proof that this isn't good. 4th meal isn't a good idea...especially when you have a bridesmaid dress, several sizes too small in your closet...collecting dust...

I hope and pray that there's a girdle great enough to squeeze myself into on my sister's wedding day.:D

I just love sour cream.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
CDRaider said:

I find it sad that a fast food "restaurant" has to market it's products like that. It's bad enough that so many people are indulging in fast food as often as they are (yes, I know I'm generalizing) without have a fourth meal as well.

CDRaider

Its sad too because when I go to Taco Bell, or heaven help us, McDonalds, and order off the dollar menu... according to my diet, i should only order one thing but hey, if the fries are only a dollar..... pathetic

A

angellous_evangellous

We could all just do to Taco Bell what the French did to Mickey D's.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Booko said:
I'm on a diet as well, and I have to have a "4th" meal.

I wouldn't eat it at Taco Bell, though. :eek:

I eat 4-5 times a day, but my meals are smaller.
I have been doing the same thing, and it has been working. I also try to finish eating at least 3 hours before bedtime. I try to limit Taco Bell to a few times a year. Any more than that is risking some serious pain.

As for their slogan about the 4th Meal...:rolleyes:...I guess it's catchier than 'Midnight Snack'. I had always heard that eating late at night was not good for digestion as well as weight gain, and I would imagine Taco Bell food late at night would even worse.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Fourth meal...whoever came up with this concept is my hero. My brother plays football, and practice lasts until almost eight, and since we generally always eat as a family, we eat fast food a lot during the season. And sometimes we don't get back from away games until 10 or 11 at night, and Taco Bell is just right there, calling, calling...

And sometimes I'll just talk my dad into going and getting me some quesidillas (sp) after dinner. Yum!

BFD_Zayl

im hungry.....but i would never eat at taco bell anyways, grade D meat.....blech. (i worked there for a month, trust me)

CDRaider

BFD_Zayl said:
im hungry.....but i would never eat at taco bell anyways, grade D meat.....blech. (i worked there for a month, trust me)

Aww man, dont' tell me any stories, i acutally like eating there! :p

BFD_Zayl

i wont say much, but lets say a hardend 'nam vet chef might lose his lunch back there. (at least the one i worked at)

CDRaider

jmoum said:
I second that! Taco Bell saved my life when I was suffering a five month long bout of kidney-stone-itis. I kid you not. The best thing to eat after puking is Taco Bell, which is odd considering Taco Bell once made me puke. Meh, life goes in cycles I guess. :D

Yeah but your also the person who doesn't want soup, or crackers or anythign like that, no you want a fast food chicken sandwich.

Btw, thank you all for making this a hot topic! yes! lol, sorry, i get excited easily

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
jmoum said:
You know, maybe it's just me, but there's actually some good marketing behind this whole thing. Think about it, who could benefit from the whole "Fourth Meal?" (granted, places like Taco Bell and Wendys have always been late and now they're just taking advantage of it through catchy marketing campaigns). Well, I have a short list already . . .

Late night stoners - Come on man, they get the munchies just like everyone else (only more frequently) and need a good hot meal that's dirt cheap. ;)

Insomniacs - Seriously, when you can't get any sleep, the next best solace is filling up that tired little belly of yours.

Computer Junkies - Playing World Of Warcraft is hard work. You have stuff to collect, levels to gain, and of course, monsters to slay. You need a good hot meal to keep you in peak condition. :p

It's really sad - I am all three of those things. Taco Bell is too far away though. ;_; Usually I just go to the 24-hour Hannaford and get me some pizza bagels XD

Llama = Biggest dork in the universe

BFD_Zayl

MaddLlama said:
It's really sad - I am all three of those things. Taco Bell is too far away though. ;_; Usually I just go to the 24-hour Hannaford and get me some pizza bagels XD

Llama = Biggest dork in the universe
pizza bagels.....*does Homer simpson slobbering sound*

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Well, I'm not from your country (we don't have Taco Bell) but I understand your question. I think it's encouraging a culture of being unhealthy. When we eat at night and go to sleep soon after, the food is not digested properly and is stored as fat. Maybe they should have marketed it differently. There are some people on the roads during the night eg. cops, people who work a night shift etc. Instead they are encouraging people to eat more.