• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

240 days left until the world comes to an end

adi2d

I don't know where you guys find those pictures but thanks. That put smile on me.
I don't know anyone that believed the world was over but I don't have many myth believers in my circle. Guess I should get out more

ninerbuff

godless wonder
This is what Camping would say:

WOW! I have been in prayer alot last night and this morning and I know that many people around the world have also been praying especially when they starting hearing about the earthquakes that were happening. Just like Jonah and the Ninevites, God has once again heard the prayers of the true believers and those repenting and crying out for mercy and he has relented.

It is wonderful that the judgment is being delayed. I believe the biggest reason is so that the Gospel of the Kingdom can go out even further and reach more people. Please do not despair. God has heard our prayers, friends. Now is the time to advance and take the kingdoms of evil and let the kingdom of God come in the lives of all the people who will call upon the name of the LORD! We must rejoice and not shrink back.

Was Jonah a false prophet who deserved stoning and death threats as you see here? NO. I am only saying what God has called me to say. It is HE who is sovereigna and he can send blessings and cursings. He can send judgment or hold it back. As you know the date of May 21 2011 was based on the flood in the days of Noah. God would have held it back if there was more righteousness. It seems evident in the light of God's continued mercy that we must rejoice and reach out to our unsaved loved ones and our neighbors and bring in a great harvest for God! Let us rejoice and be glad! God has held back judgment because of our prayers and our crying out for mercy!

--- Harold E. Camping

Draka

Wonder Woman
This is what is still up on the main page of familyradio.com

I think they need an update, don't you?

Attachments

• judgmentday.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 93

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
If you are vigilantly against religion, you owe Harold Camping a debt of gratitude. Guys like Camping are a wrecking ball for faith. They do way more damage to the edifices of faith than Dawkins/Dennett/Harris combined could ever dream of accomplishing. They bring out the absurdity - the sheer ridiculousness of the entire enterprise - and lay it bare, writhing and dying in the light.

waitasec

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;2472926 said:
If you are vigilantly against religion, you owe Harold Camping a debt of gratitude. Guys like Camping are a wrecking ball for faith. They do way more damage to the edifices of faith than Dawkins/Dennett/Harris combined could ever dream of accomplishing. They bring out the absurdity - the sheer ridiculousness of the entire enterprise - and lay it bare, writhing and dying in the light.

Dear Harry (can I call you that? I feel like we've grown pretty familiar in the last 17 years you've been predicting the Rapture would occur),

We live in a very scary world. Wars don't seem to have end dates anymore. They drag on for years without any given side saying, "OK. You won." Why? Because we no longer fight against something specific. We fight against terror and individuals who would like to inspire terror through aggressive actions. We call those people terrorists. Do you dislike terrorists, Harry? I don't like them, that's for sure.

I have to say, both on Sept. 6, 1994 and on May 21, 2011, I feel like you did something that was not so great. In fact, I'll say it was pretty awful. Let's disregard for the moment that you led people (good people, honest God-loving people) to take their life savings and put it into propagating a message that you falsely led them to believe would be helpful to others. Let's set aside the fact that you have cited the gay pride movement as one of the signs of the apocalypse. Let's instead focus on what I perceive as the biggie: You're a fear monger.

You trade in fear. You use it to manipulate good people to believe what you believe and tell them that if they don't they will die a horrible death. Earthquakes, locusts, you name it. You have claimed that if I don't get all of my friends and family into your specific branding of God's plan, then they are screwed. Utilizing the people who would believe that, you attempted to strike fear into the heart of our great nation. For weeks we would hear that millions of lives would be lost if we did not follow what you believe. That is why I believe that you, Harold Camping, have terrorized America.

Here's the thing: you thought you were doing the right thing. I get that. I really do. You wanted people to seek God's love and then be saved. It's the whole "If you don't do exactly what I believe, you are damned" side of the coin that I think is really aggressive and hateful.

It's a shame we live in a culture where thousands, if not millions, of people nervously checked their watches at 6 p.m. on May 21. We live in a culture of fear. You're not helping us move beyond fear. You're indulging in it. Stop attacking our nation with your aggressive campaigns.

Peddle in love, not hate, Harry. You are getting on in years, and I doubt you want to be remembered as a fear-monger. Also, I for one would appreciate an apology. I'd do the same for you if I falsely predicted you were going to be killed for your beliefs.

Lodro Rinzler: An Open Letter to Harold Camping

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Currently listening to his programme. It sounds like he is not admitting he was wrong.

He wont apologize unless pressured, nor offer any sort of reparations on his behalf. That's already obvious based on how his station pretends nothing ever happened. I don't perceive Harold Camping as being the empathic sort. :(

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
According to his title he's restricted right now, so it may be that he actually can't comment. Not that he'd have much to say anyway.

Hope it's not a problem to ask,

But anyone know why? Is it because he believed the world would end

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Shouldn't people like him get arrested? He made people lose their jobs, some failed suicidal and child murdering attempts, etc.

And if this was just a Christian rapture... Imagine how crazy people will be on Dec. 21, 2012

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
You can listen to his programme on the Family Radio website. He seems to be saying that the world spiritually entered the Judgement Day era on May 21, 2011, and will literally end on October 21, 2011.