• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2 fathers

gnostic

The Lost One
Now, I know in myths, anything is possible. Plus, biology isn’t my strongest science...hence my questions here.

In Greek myths, 2 birth stories stand out.

In the story of Heracles (Hercules in Latin), he was actually a twin, his brother was Iphicles, who was father of Iolaus, Heracles’ loyal company in some of his adventures. Anyway, his mother Alcmene bore the twins, but while Zeus was Heracles’s father, Amphitryon was Iphicles’.

And in another myth, one version of this myth, say that Castor and Polydeuces (Pollux), Clymnestra and Helen, were all born to the Spartan Queen, Leda. The father of Polydeuces and Helen were Zeus, while King Tyndareus was father of Castor and Clymnestra.

Now I have no interests in asking questions about demigods, children being part god and part mortal. But I am interested in asking,

is it biological possible for mother to have twins, triplets, etc, whose children’ fathers were of two different men?

If it is not possible to happen among humans, can such multiple birth happened to other animals?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
is it biological possible for mother to have twins, triplets, etc, whose children’ fathers were of two different men?

If it is not possible to happen among humans, can such multiple birth happened to other animals?

In humans I do not think it is possible.

But it is possible for a litter of puppies to have multiple fathers for instance.

Edit: correction. It's possible in humans, but very rare.
Superfecundation - Wikipedia

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Yes. Fraternal twins can have 2 father's.
Views vary from a very rare occurrence to as many as 12% of fraternal twins having 2 fathers

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
But I am interested in asking,
1) Could you provide links to your used articles?
2) Why do you ask human questions when dealing with mythical deities?