• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

17 Executive Actions

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is all defined as good coz its opposite of what bad orange did?
Is that a real question? Do you prefer authoritarians who do our enemies work for them? DO you prefer progress or retrogression? Do you prefer American ideals to other ideals?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wouldn’t stand next to him when he signed number 16. The sheer of magnitude of hypocrisy of President Biden, possibly the most self serving elected person of the century, signing that one might invoke a Divine lightning bolt to come down!
But you were totally OK when the prior POTUS totally ignored any ethical considerations whatsoever.

Audie

Veteran Member
what do you think? Are there some on the liet that you think are not good? Which ones specifically?

I think it's a mistake to back away from
border security.

The us never signed the Paris accord,
so re entrring-?
In the event, why should the US, take the brunt when China and India get like 30 years, all the while polluting on a horrifying sale.

WHO put on a very poor show and appears
to be controlled by China. It's a good idea tp
have such an organization in principle- but I'd not be go rushing back with a blank check..

Lots of things sound good, and may be good
if done right. Biden himself is not able to take on all those things. The quality of his
appointments is vital.
He seems to have an eye for the
political . 41 years in DC cutting deals.

Things for the smoke filled room boys,
some to please the social justice warriors.

Hope there's some room for, "best person for the job'.

Audie

Veteran Member
Is that a real question? Do you prefer authoritarians who do our enemies work for them? DO you prefer progress or retrogression? Do you prefer American ideals to other ideals?

Speaking of "is that a real question"!

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
It's going to be messy, but it does feel like the grown-ups are back in charge.
Those white-supremicist gun-nut types are really scary though.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
  1. Launches a "100 Days Masking Challenge" asking Americans to wear masks for 100 days. Requires masks and physical distancing in federal buildings, on federal lands and by government contractors, and urges states and local governments to do the same.
  2. Stops the United States' withdrawal from the World Health Organization, with Dr. Anthony Fauci becoming the head of the delegation to the WHO
  3. Creates the position of Covid-19 Response Coordinator, reporting directly to Biden and managing efforts to produce and distribute vaccines and medical equipment
  4. Extends the existing nationwide moratorium on evictions and foreclosures until at least March 31
  5. Extends the existing pause on student loan payments and interest for Americans with federal student loans until at least September 30
  6. Rejoins the Paris climate accord, a process that will take 30 days
  7. Cancels the Keystone XL pipeline and directs agencies to review and reverse more than 100 Trump actions on the environment
  8. Rescinds the Trump administration's 1776 Commission, directs agencies to review their actions to ensure racial equity
  9. Prevents workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity
  10. Requires non-citizens to be included in the Census and apportionment of congressional representatives
  11. Fortifies DACA after Trump's efforts to undo protections for undocumented people brought into the country as children
  12. Reverses the Trump administration's restrictions on US entry for passport holders from seven Muslim-majority countries
  13. Undoes Trump's expansion of immigration enforcement within the United States
  14. Halts construction of the border wall by terminating the national emergency declaration used to fund it
  15. Extends deferrals of deportation and work authorizations for Liberians with a safe haven in the United States until June 30, 2022
  16. Requires executive branch appointees to sign an ethics pledge barring them from acting in personal interest and requiring them to uphold the independence of the Department of Justice
  17. Directs OMB director to develop recommendations to modernize regulatory review and undoes Trump's regulatory approval process
Executive actions: Here's what Biden signed on Inauguration Day - CNNPolitics
How much money is wasted each 4 years, because the new president undoes the expensive things the previous president did. And why? IF it were really bad, was the previous president really this stupid, including all his advisers, to start them in the first place, or is the new president too stupid to undo them. I just wonder.

People pride themselves of being smart, and still they do such stupid things. Is the total global IQ that low, that they can't just do the right thing?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
How much money is wasted each 4 years, because the new president undoes the expensive things the previous president did. And why? IF it were really bad, was the previous president really this stupid, including all his advisers, to start them in the first place, or is the new president too stupid to undo them. I just wonder.

People pride themselves of being smart, and still they do such stupid things. Is the total global IQ that low, that they can't just do the right thing?
Right in whose eyes though? People do not agree on what is "right", I'm sure you've noticed :)

The way to mask those disagreements? Do not have a democracy.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Right in whose eyes though? People do not agree on what is "right", I'm sure you've noticed :)
That is a very good point :D

I was thinking the president was doing things that were good to all humans, but humans are selfish, hence "what is right" question pops up
What is "right" is mostly a luxury problem. Basic needs are always right (clean food, water, air, sleep). Beyond that troubles easily start

The way to mask those disagreements? Do not have a democracy.
Well said again:D:D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh boy. Illegal undocumented people rejoice!

Biden upholds lawlessness.

Who cares about one's own citizens?

I'll bet people will feel much safer with #12 now as well.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
What is "right" is mostly a luxury problem. Basic needs are always right (clean food, water, air, sleep).

Unfortunately, even though we may all agree on it being right to have the "basics", there is often disagreement about how that should be achieved. Much politics (the most serious stuff) is quite often about the costs and provision of clean water, sufficient food etc. For example (without sidetracking into the details) in the UK at present there is ongoing disagreement over the provision of food for children in the least well off in our society whilst unable to have school dinners (because the schools are shut).

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Cancels the Keystone XL pipeline and directs agencies to review and reverse more than 100 Trump actions on the environment
This is the one that's front page news in Canada.

The premier of Alberta is absolutely livid. He's been publicly asking the federal government for sanctions against the US.

The federal government is having none of the idea, but it's interesting.

Personally, I think it was the right call, but there are a lot of people in Alberta whose incomes are dependent on some environmentally nasty oil extraction that are pretty upset.

The Alberta government also guaranteed billions of dollars of loans for the project, which now seems to have been a bad gamble.