• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

150 rockets fired at Israel after IDF assassinates Gaza terror leader

rosends

And still a resolution is not given without reason.
If you think that then you don't know how resolutions are proposed and passed in the UN, or the difference between any reason and a good reason
2018 UN General Assembly Resolutions Singling Out Israel - Texts, Votes, Analysis - UN Watch

bloc voting and knee jerk positions
"Since Israel’s establishment, Arab member states of the UN have used the General Assembly (GA) as a forum for isolating and chastising Israel. With support from third-world nations, particularly the Non-Aligned Movement, and others, the Arab states have had little difficulty passing harsh anti-Israel resolutions through the GA"

the "reason" is the expression of the bias. Note that when there is an opportunity to pass a resolution with a reason regarding anyone else, the vote fails.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7bb36a-f988-11e8-8d64-4e79db33382f_story.html

resolutions passed without a vote, resolutions sponsored by states rife terror. Yeah, Waldheim had "reason" to criticize Israel for the raid on Entebee.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you think that then you don't know how resolutions are proposed and passed in the UN, or the difference between any reason and a good reason
2018 UN General Assembly Resolutions Singling Out Israel - Texts, Votes, Analysis - UN Watch

bloc voting and knee jerk positions
"Since Israel’s establishment, Arab member states of the UN have used the General Assembly (GA) as a forum for isolating and chastising Israel. With support from third-world nations, particularly the Non-Aligned Movement, and others, the Arab states have had little difficulty passing harsh anti-Israel resolutions through the GA"

the "reason" is the expression of the bias. Note that when there is an opportunity to pass a resolution with a reason regarding anyone else, the vote fails.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7bb36a-f988-11e8-8d64-4e79db33382f_story.html

resolutions passed without a vote, resolutions sponsored by states rife terror. Yeah, Waldheim had "reason" to criticize Israel for the raid on Entebee.

The reasons are many and varied and UN membership comprises of members from several countries with different views.

You may be interested in this
UN Watch - Media Bias/Fact Check

But probably not because

Overall, we rate UN Watch Right Biased based on information and political positions that favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to use of some poor sources and very strong pro-Israeli bias. (M. Huitsing 3/28/2018)

Shad

Veteran Member
And the Israelis are allowed to vote and the Muslims are not. Its called Aparteid for those ignorant of it.

Wrong. There is no such law making it illegal for Muslims that are Israeli to vote. You are repeating propaganda as you would cite the law if it were true. Try again.

rosends

The reasons are many and varied and UN membership comprises of members from several countries with different views.

You may be interested in this
UN Watch - Media Bias/Fact Check

But probably not because

Overall, we rate UN Watch Right Biased based on information and political positions that favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to use of some poor sources and very strong pro-Israeli bias. (M. Huitsing 3/28/2018)
Did you do any research on the bona fides of the people running the site you just quoted? I think not. They admit to no expertise or background. Just one guy with an undergraduate degree in communications, and 5 volunteers.

I think Kofi Anan had something to say about UN Watch, but you might discount his opinion because he actually has some experience in the field.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Wrong. There is no such law making it illegal for Muslims that are Israeli to vote. You are repeating propaganda as you would cite the law if it were true. Try again.

wrong West Bank Palestinians are not allowed to vote in Israel and West Bank Israelis are allowed to vote, where do you get such biased information??

rosends

wrong West Bank Palestinians are not allowed to vote in Israel and West Bank Israelis are allowed to vote, where do you get such biased information??
Your claim was "And the Israelis are allowed to vote and the Muslims are not". The response was that Muslims who are citizens of Israel CAN vote ("no such law making it illegal for Muslims that are Israeli to vote"). Now you have changed your claim to be about "West Bank Palestinians." Are you talking about Muslims or "Palestinians"? Are you talking about Israeli citizens or not?

Lyndon

Premium Member
Your claim was "And the Israelis are allowed to vote and the Muslims are not". The response was that Muslims who are citizens of Israel CAN vote ("no such law making it illegal for Muslims that are Israeli to vote"). Now you have changed your claim to be about "West Bank Palestinians." Are you talking about Muslims or "Palestinians"? Are you talking about Israeli citizens or not?

no you misread my original post, West bank Palestinians are considered non people by the Israeli government and cannot vote in elections, however invading settlers have full right as Israeli citizens.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So, if people who are citizens vote and people who aren't and don't want to be don't, you think that's the problem?

Like I keep saying, there's plenty of blame to spread around here. But you don't even seem to grasp the basics when the facts get in the way of your opinions.
Tom

Shad

Veteran Member

WB isn't part of Israel not are Israeli citizens. Israeli citizens can vote as they are citizens still. Location does not automatically make one not a citizen. I can be in the US on tour yet I am still a Canadian and can vote in Canadian elections. I just need to go to a Canadian government consulate or embassy to turn my vote in.

Next!

rosends

no you misread my original post, West bank Palestinians are considered non people by the Israeli government and cannot vote in elections, however invading settlers have full right as Israeli citizens.
I quoted your original post (#250). You changed your position after being shown you were wrong.

Lyndon

Premium Member
no I am referring to the citizens of Israel's west bank that are not allowed to vote because it would dilute the Jewish vote

Shad

Veteran Member
no I am referring to the citizens of Israel's west bank that are not allowed to vote because it would dilute the Jewish vote

Evidence... Got any?

Palestinians: We are our own sovereign state!

Also Palestinians: We demand the right to vote in another nation which we say has no authority over us!

Hilarious

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Did you do any research on the bona fides of the people running the site you just quoted? I think not. They admit to no expertise or background. Just one guy with an undergraduate degree in communications, and 5 volunteers.

I think Kofi Anan had something to say about UN Watch, but you might discount his opinion because he actually has some experience in the field.

Yet they are fair and honest and unlike UN watch, they use reputable sources

And i can assume you have researched the bona fides of UN watch?

P.s. there are several other, indipendent sources that criticise UN watch for their biassed content

Last edited:

Lyndon

Premium Member
Evidence... Got any?

Palestinians: We are our own sovereign state!

Also Palestinians: We demand the right to vote in another nation which we say has no authority over us!

Hilarious

Did you defend Apartheid in South Africa too????

Lyndon

Premium Member
you didn't answer the question, you seem to support Apartheid in Israel.

Lyndon

Premium Member
The Palestinians just want their land back, if it was Ukrainians that took there land they'd want to defeat the Ukrainians