• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 Atom

Archer

No insult intended. What i meant was that for us, it is hard to wrap our minds around that which is beyond physics. Whatever is/or is not, beyond the singularity is not bound by the physics of our universe.

I try to think outside the box as science is limited by our minute knowledge. I dont pretend to know anything and dont want to come across as if I do because that is irrelevant in the big scheme of things. What I do know is there is something that we are missing that is simple yet so hard to grasp. When we find this something I think doors will open.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Picture Uranus on one side of the sun and Neptune on the other. Now imagine they were in the same orbit. According to your statement, the light would take the same amount of time to reach both from the central source but the light moving in both directions is moving at 1/2 speed of light to allow for a constant.
Nope, light move at the same speed in both directions. As explained in Relativity.:yes:

Archer

FTL happens every day. It can be approached many ways without breaking any laws. FTL without even moving faster than a snail possible as well. But as a law I guess it is a law for now. I know that things are not what they are even though we see them.

Picture Uranus on one side of the sun and Neptune on the other. Now imagine they were in the same orbit. According to your statement, the light would take the same amount of time to reach both from the central source but the light moving in both directions is moving at 1/2 speed of light to allow for a constant.

That was for thinker got out of order.

It's constant in every direction. If 2 objects are traveling at the speed of light in opposite directions, they will still measure the speed of light if one object tries to measure its speed in relation to the other object. I know it's weird but that is physics, we aren't built to understand the universe, we are built to survive in the universe, most of what happens is counter-intuitive to our common sense. Remember, there are 11 physical dimensions, we only perceive 4.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I try to think outside the box as science is limited by our minute knowledge. I dont pretend to know anything and dont want to come across as if I do because that is irrelevant in the big scheme of things. What I do know is there is something that we are missing that is simple yet so hard to grasp. When we find this something I think doors will open.
One can speculate theologically or super-naturally (outside the realm of the nature of our universe, as in that which is, or is not, outside of the singularity). However, inside our universe, we, and all space and time, are constrained by the laws of our universe.

Archer

One can speculate theologically or super-naturally (outside the realm of the nature of our universe, as in that which is, or is not, outside of the singularity). However, inside our universe, we, and all space and time, are constrained by the laws of our universe.

My head is starting to hurt:yes:

I agree we must wait and see, keep expanding our minds until we find the answers, blow ourselves up or meet God and ask.