• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“I and the Father are one” proves the Trinity?

How does Jesus saying that he and the Father are one in agreement , in unity, prove the trinity ideology?

The theme of the saying from Jesus is that the desire that the people of God should also be in agreement, in unity with each other.

If Jesus and God make a trinity, what does that make the millions of people of God?
In support, consider Nehemiah 8:1; John 17:11, 20-23.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
In support, consider Nehemiah 8:1; John 17:11, 20-23.
That’s right. Being in unity does not mean that they are one person, else all the believers would be GOD, also!

Moreover, Jesus and the Father do not make a trinity. And for sure, no scriptures talks of a unity of a three, ‘trinity god’, since, for sure, the Spirit of God is a PROPERTY of God, not another person IN GOD!

Muffled

Jesus in me
How does Jesus saying that he and the Father are one in agreement , in unity, prove the trinity ideology?

The theme of the saying from Jesus is that the desire that the people of God should also be in agreement, in unity with each other.

If Jesus and God make a trinity, what does that make the millions of people of God?
I believe it only proves that Jesus and the Father are One. The rest of the Trinity is in John 14.

I believe God is one in those who have received Him as Lord and Savior.

Muffled

Jesus in me
to all,

I and the Father are "ONE" is true. yes, in the ECHAD of ONE Person. people u need to Learn the ECHAD of One if you will ever understand God as One. else you will be deceived. the ECHAD of God answer all biblical question concerning God.

101G.
I believe it is essential in understanding the Trinity.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I believe it only proves that Jesus and the Father are One. The rest of the Trinity is in John 14.

I believe God is one in those who have received Him as Lord and Savior.
Umm… GOD is ONE GOD.

When you say ‘God is one in those who received Him as Lord and Saviour’, are you speaking of Jesus Christ?

For sure, if we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and saviour we are indeed ‘One with God’. But that does not work when written as you did. God SENT Jesus Christ AS OUR ‘Lord and Saviour’… therefore if we believe in Jesus AS THAT ‘Lord and Saviour’ then we must A L S O believe IN GOD WHO SENT HIM!! And if we believe so then we have the hope of eternal life in them:
  • ‘[Father]… This means eternal life that they should believe in YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and in Jesus Christ, WHOM YOU SENT!’
Jesus Christ does not claim to be the only true God (and happy it is that he should not declare such heresy and blasphemy!) He stated that his (spiritual) Father is the only true God and (the addition seems suspicious to me that Jesus should address himself by his own name and title!) that ONE TRUE GOD; The Father, had sent ‘Jesus Christ’! (Jesus usually addresses himself as ‘The Son of Man’ or ‘The Son of God’)

The purpose of GOD saying that HE is one God was to tell the Israelites that they must not believe in many Gods as the pagan and heathens do. That HE, and He alone, is THE ONE AND ONLY GOD they must worship - Him who, BY HIMSELF, created all things and them. It had nothing to do with a United God… which is a nonsense!

The purpose of JESUS saying he is one with the Father (and Jesus said the Father is ‘The only true God’) is nothing to do with a trinity… Jesus is simply saying that he is in UNITY with the Father - in unity with the only true God.

How does Jesus and God make a trinity?

Since when did TWO make THREE?

Since when did ONE make THREE?

And yet there is never a ‘THREE’ making ‘THREE’ in scriptures, in reference to ‘Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit’ (though ‘Holy Spirit’ is a PROPERTY OF THE FATHER… and cannot be counted as PERSON!)

Last edited: