• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Hindus fall because they worship lesser gods.” Abrahamics are trampling Hindus. Can you help me understand?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I think prostration helps catch the unconscious thoughts and energies from the person. The spine to the head is constantly emitting signals. Bowing and prostration catch them.

River Sea

God is Infinite Consciousness. Moses, Jesus and Mohammed and many many others were able to connect with the Infinite. But each is limited by both the depth, time and space of connection. The problem starts when the followers claim their Prophet to be the only one. This is the distinction between the Abrahamic Religions and Dharmic.
@Bharat Jhunjhunwala that makes sense, where I had challenges feeling unwelcome when followers claimed their prophet to be the only one.

In reference to A “Silent Buddha” Amidst Chaos, what do you think of prophets similar to Dean Rusk? Did Dean Rusk need to be careful, and how was he careful? Can you please write a synopsis of this? Has anyone thought of any prophet similar to Dean Rusk as being the only one. I'm sure no one thought that Dean Rusk was the only one, am I understanding correctly, what did Dean Rusk and JFK think about Moses, Jesus and Mohammed?

JFK once said that if he does not receive complaint about a Secretary, he concludes that the fellow is not doing his work

Was JFK referencing Dharmic?

I learned about the secretary of JFK from @Bharat Jhunjhunwala - so I wanted to ask about this in relation to “Silent Buddha” Amidst Chaos: is that Dharmic?

Last edited:

River Sea

I think prostration helps catch the unconscious thoughts and energies from the person. The spine to the head is constantly emitting signals. Bowing and prostration catch them.

Prostration in the spirit (Power Of Hanuman Chalisa)

Prostration in the spirit (Power Of Hanuman Chalisa)

What are your thoughts about Power Of Hanuman Chalisa

you were sharing earlier about Moses, Jesus, Mohammed As long as not the only one

God is Infinite Consciousness. Moses, Jesus and Mohammed and many many others were able to connect with the Infinite. But each is limited by both the depth, time and space of connection. The problem starts when the followers claim their Prophet to be the only one. This is the distinction between the Abrahamic Religions and Dharmic.

Question: So Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, and could we include the power of Hanuman Chalisa then too? As long as not the only one

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sankara said that the World is false. Only God is real. Thus best Indian minds retreated to 100% meditation. They did not handle their worldly responsibilities. Hence decline of Hinduism
Wait...I thought it because Hindus worship lesser gods. Now it's because of meditation?

What will it be next? Because people prefer to eat meat?

RamaRaksha

*banned*
“Hindus fall because they worship lesser gods.” Abrahamics are trampling Hindus. Can you help me understand?
Yes - I think I can
Since there is zero evidence for any God or Gods - let's look for Rational Explanations
ALL Religions originated from earth - WE made these Gods
Ancient people living under Kings, Dictators used them as a template for God - hence all the - Get down on our knees, beg, obey, sing his praises etc
Take the Terminology of Master/Slave religions - "Commandments, Submit, beg, obey, judge, wrath, punish, mercy, forgive, Fear" - ALL Slave/Servant words totally absent in Hinduism/Buddhism
But that was the life then and simple primitive people did the best they could - they envisioned a life similar to the one they had on earth, with a King Like "God" sitting on his throne in the Heavens, Heaven is his Kingdom and only those who believe and support him are allowed to enter his Kingdom, and the rest must suffer(hell)
Simple, primitive ideas of the afterlife from simple, primitive people
In today's world we take it as insult if someone says beg, grovel to the boss and get that promotion or job
We take pride in EARNING our way in this world
It is what-you-know that matters
But in countries like Russia, North Korea - that is not the case
One gets ahead by kissing the right butt, polishing the right shoes - qualifications, degrees, skills do not matter - what matters is whom-you-know not What-you-know
And the ancients who lived in such a world and created these Gods came up with such ideas
"Good works don't get you into Heaven" - ie qualifications, degrees, skills - what we did in life does not matter
Getting to Heaven and the good life is a matter of praying to the "right" God
Especially true in cases where there was a succession battle - the old king is dead and 2 people are fighting to become King
One better support the right guy or else the winner whom you did not back will come after you
That is what we are seeing here
We live in a world where Might Makes Right
All religions have the same amount of evidence - basically none, zero, zip - but some religions get to shout that
only their religion is the right one, only their God is the True God
And hence getting to Heaven is not about our works, what good people we are but a case of kissing the right butt,
"Hindus will fall because we worship lesser Gods"
It would be a frightening after world
Jews were set apart in Nazi Germany based solely on them being Jews
Their works, who they were as people, values, morals did not matter
Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists will find themselves as Jews in this Nazi Afterworld
Set apart based solely on us being Hindus, Buddhists and Atheists - entire families, women, children, even babies - will be callously dumped into gas chambers in hell!

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Then they should not have succumbed to the british or moguls.
Indians did not see the Mughals or the British as outsiders - back then countries and borders did not exist
They didn't see any difference in their own King ruling them vs someone who looked different
We lacked the hate and even till the end - Gandhiji asked for Justice for Indians - to be set free - and he was insistent that we should not hate the British
And of course after independence, he wanted Hindus and Muslims to live together
Vengeance would have asked for blood - hatred for the British, asking for their blood
Gandhiji taught us to ask for Justice
If you notice that one of the tenants of Reincarnation is that we must come back to make amends, set things right
Only when the victim is made whole is when Justice is done
But other religions do not offer Justice, they offer Vengeance - the evil criminal will be punished by God in hell - they promise
But how does that benefit the victim? The victim gains nothing by the criminal being forgiven or being sent to hell
We live in a topsy-turvy world - if Hindus had more hate in them - saw the Mughals and British as outsiders to be fought and driven out, would India be a far richer nation today? I think so - esp the British who came to loot and loot they did - they had no interest in developing India - all they cared was to loot their colonies as much as they can and bring the loot back to the UK
EVERY former colonized country was dirt poor at the time of their Independence
The western media and people remain blind to this fact - they like "the benevolent white man coming to the rescue of the dark skinned lost in a primitive world" narrative

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Indians did not see the Mughals or the British as outsiders - back then countries and borders did not exist
They didn't see any difference in their own King ruling them vs someone who looked different
We lacked the hate and even till the end - Gandhiji asked for Justice for Indians - to be set free - and he was insistent that we should not hate the British
Vengeance would have asked for blood - hatred for the British, asking for their blood
Gandhiji taught us to ask for Justice
If you notice that one of the tenants of Reincarnation is that we must come back to make amends, set things right
Only when the victim is made whole is when Justice is done
But other religions do not offer Justice, they offer Vengeance - the evil criminal will be punished by God in hell - they promise
But how does that benefit the victim? The victim gains nothing by the criminal being forgiven or being sent to hell
We live in a topsy-turvy world - if Hindus had more hate in them - saw the Mughals and British as outsiders to be fought and driven out, would India be a far richer nation today? I think so - esp the British who came to loot and loot they did - they had no interest in developing India - all they cared was to loot their colonies as much as they can and bring the loot back to the UK
EVERY former colonized country was dirt poor at the time of their Independence
The western media and people remain blind to this fact - they like "the benevolent white man coming to the rescue of the dark skinned lost in a primitive world" narrative
The failure to see the true character of the british is due to sankaras philosophy in my view.

idea

Question Everything
???

India is #1 population in world. Hindus are rising.
Then they should not have succumbed to the british or moguls.

Ancient history? The last shall be first?

There are many countries covered in soot, draped in power lines, piles of coal, smoke still pouring from power plants and refineries - once old technologies are established, difficult to change foundation....

but, what about those watching, waiting, learning... those places not quite as buried in that technological infancy? Not as much to change, to uproot? Fresh ground to skip over those initial stages, jump to renewable, to wireless? ... the kids I have from that country, pretty smart. Times are changing.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
???

India is #1 population in world. Hindus are rising.

Ancient history? The last shall be first?

There are many countries covered in soot, draped in power lines, piles of coal, smoke still pouring from power plants and refineries - once old technologies are established, difficult to change foundation....

but, what about those watching, waiting, learning... those places not quite as buried in that technological infancy? Not as much to change, to uproot? Fresh ground to skip over those initial stages, jump to renewable, to wireless? ... the kids I have from that country, pretty smart. Times are changing.
Not a reply to india being behind bangladesh in gdp per capita

River Sea

let's look for Rational Explanations
Ancient people living under Kings, Dictators used them as a template for God

Yes, let's look for rational explanations.

Take the Terminology of Master/Slave religions - "Commandments, Submit, beg, obey, judge, wrath, punish, mercy, forgive, Fear" - ALL Slave/Servant words totally absent in Hinduism/Buddhism

@RamaRaksha
Was Krishna living in India prior to Hinduism? I'm not sure what the ancient name for India was; Krishna fled from King Jarasandha. What words were used to express the emotions that Krishna felt during that time?

Earlier, Krishna's parents were sent to prison, or was only one of Krishna's parents sent to prison?

I need to respond to your post in more than one post to help me. In this post response, I'm realizing I didn't address Abrahamic, but only the time of Krishna. However, I'm not sure if those words were absent during the time of Krishna. Can you help me with this? So at what time were those words absent in India?

I understand that reincarnation is a journey of learning and visiting earth.

Last edited:

River Sea

@RamaRaksha

How did the people in India protect their land from the Romans during the time the Romans had already taken over Germany's land?

Later:
if Hindus had more hate in them - saw the Mughals and British as outsiders to be fought and driven out, would India be a far richer nation today?

Did Germany and Hindus lose their land or valuable assets due to similar reasons?

Romans take German land

British-taken Indian land—to take their valuable assets.

River Sea

@RamaRaksha

This is helping me make more than one post to respond to your post.

Gandhiji asked for Justice for Indians - to be set free - and he was insistent that we should not hate the British

What did Muslims think about Gandhiji and the thought of living with Hindus?

Did Gandhiji follow Sankara's philosophy? If so, what was it about Sankara philosophy that taught how Gandhiji thought and led? Was it mandatory that one be taught the Sankara philosophy, or could a person in India find a different philosophy to learn from?

Tomef

There’s a long tradition behind the Abrahamic faiths that the big god trumps the little god. Once people started living in big settlements, they created gods of those settlements who were higher than lesser gods (of the plain, the river etc). Then came empires, and even bigger gods identified with them, and eventually the idea of one, omnipresent, all-powerful god. Thus little gods, who don’t have that same status, are considered trifling, or seen as demons by believers in the ‘one true god’.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
There’s a long tradition behind the Abrahamic faiths that the big god trumps the little god. Once people started living in big settlements, they created gods of those settlements who were higher than lesser gods (of the plain, the river etc). Then came empires, and even bigger gods identified with them, and eventually the idea of one, omnipresent, all-powerful god. Thus little gods, who don’t have that same status, are considered trifling, or seen as demons by believers in the ‘one true god’.
Interesting. But Hinduism has moved in the opposite direction from worship of One God in the vedas to worship of lesser gods today.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
@RamaRaksha

This is helping me make more than one post to respond to your post.

What did Muslims think about Gandhiji and the thought of living with Hindus?

Did Gandhiji follow Sankara's philosophy? If so, what was it about Sankara philosophy that taught how Gandhiji thought and led? Was it mandatory that one be taught the Sankara philosophy, or could a person in India find a different philosophy to learn from?
That is the difference between Justice and Vengeance
Vengeance is full of anger, hate - it is quick, it is violent
Justice is peaceful, no hate, it takes time, it is non-violent
And you see the latter in India's independence movement
Hollywood loves Vengeance - an opportunity to show lots of gore and blood
In the beginning of the movie the hero or heroine(the Kill Bill movies) gets hurt - loses their loved ones and the rest of the movie is one big blood fest
The audience's blood lust is satisfied and they go home happy - but was Justice done?
Did the hero or heroine get their loved ones back? That would be True Justice
Gandhiji taught his ideas of Justice to both Nelson Mandela and MLK - who both used his methods
Peaceful protests asking for Justice for black people - today in the US and South Africa, blacks live side by side with their once oppressors
Vengeance would have asked for mass killings - there would be no whites left in South Africa and the US would have been
split into two nations or at least 3 if the South went their own way
And lastly we see that "God" cannot provide Justice
He will either nicely forgive the criminal(no one asks how would that make the victims feel) or tortures him him in hell
How does either of these choices help the victim or victims?
They don't
I find it truly amazing how religion is able to brainwash even the best of minds, most moral of minds