• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Direct experience” with God(s)

PearlSeeker

However, I also practice divination. It’s been a while, but I consult the soul within and in essence “god”. I received clear answers before. I will test it more rigorously, it been a while since I done it. Those who don’t believe in divination, do you suppose it’s my mind seeing what it wants to see?
Cards with symbolic and associative images are used in psychotherapy and counseling as a doorway to the unconscious.

Five Solas

I have seen it oft said on this site that the reason one believes is because of their own direct experience with the divine. I have said so myself.

Some of my “experience” with the divine (“God” saving my arse when I sent out an SOS to him) can be attributed to luck or coincidence.

However, I also practice divination. It’s been a while, but I consult the soul within and in essence “god”. I received clear answers before. I will test it more rigorously, it been a while since I done it. Those who don’t believe in divination, do you suppose it’s my mind seeing what it wants to see?

I have this in debates because I want people to talk about their “personal experiences” with the divine. Then, I want to look at other possibilities that the experience can be other than a “divine” experience.

When I was a Christian, I allowed myself to believe that my luck was proof of Jesus looking out for me. Do you let yourself believe you have experiences with the divine because it’s, let’s say, easier that way?

My most direct experience with God is with His word - the Bible. Excluding certain emotions, perhaps, I have not had any direct experience, not even dreams. I am skeptical of such claims.

Muffled

Jesus in me
My most direct experience with God is with His word - the Bible. Excluding certain emotions, perhaps, I have not had any direct experience, not even dreams. I am skeptical of such claims.

I believe skepticism tends to happen for someone who has not had the experience. I can tell you truly that the experience is real. A personal fulfillment of prophecy guarantees that for me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Cards with symbolic and associative images are used in psychotherapy and counseling as a doorway to the unconscious.

I believe the soul within tends to fantasize and often is no wiser than the experience of the mind so I figure it is a blind guide.

FredVB

I could never conceive that everything there is came into being without God being necessary existence to start all of existence that is conditional on causation. God must be real, and as there is benevolent provision, which I see, I developed trust in God. I have always been a most unpromising individual, except for this trust that God must value, from what I see, because my experience of God in my life is development with change from this unpromising individual with knowledge being shown to me that others don't get, and it has all been most useful.