• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

يحتاج الله لكتابة كتاب جديد

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I believe it is because current Bible is good enough. Those who don’t come to truth, wouldn’t take anything else than lies for them and I don’t think God wants to give lies for people.
Not true! I want to do God's Will and pray for it all the time.

However, I'm not going to let the Bible tell me that what my conscience tells me is wrong is actually good.

I don't know that the Bible is the truth. I have reason to believe it has much errors.

I already know you don't follow the Bible, because you don't believe a rapist should marry the person he rapes, you don't believe in killing adulterers and people that work on Sabbath.

Do you believe that God Hardened Pharaoh's heart and then killed all the firstborn of Egypt including babies, because Pharaoh had Hardness of Heart.?

I'm sure you explain away a lot of the versus you don't agree with as well.

I feel like God is telling me the Bible has many errors but some truth as well.

I feel strongly that God is telling me to follow my conscience and moral compass.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
The Bible and the Quran have some good and some terrible advice. There is good in both of those books, but some of the behaviors that are promoted are simply inhumane, unacceptable, barbaric, or psychopathic by modern standards.

They are simply outdated books! What was acceptable then is no longer acceptable in our enlightened technologically advanced age.

God needs to write a new book. BADLY! We simply can't afford to live according to books promoting or justifying such outdated savage practices, behavior, or bigotry.

Do you really think God wants us to live by such ancient texts in the 21st century?

Why can't he write a new book that applies more to today? All that ancient wisdom and primitive forms of government are just going to hold us back.

Even Christians talk about how Christ fulfilled the law and new covenant (and I don't know a single Christian who follows the Old Testament), yet they are constantly quoting it to condemn other Christians.

It is totally hypocrisy to condemn and judge another person based on a text that you don't even follow.

Why can't God inspire modern people to write a modern text that is more applicable to the 21st century?

Two thoughts: One, how about "Intelligent Design: Message from the Designers" by Rael? You can get it free and anonymously at www.rael.org and there is a summarizing comic book I can point you to too.

Two, aren't the main parts good and the other stuff just to satisfy backwards people? The ten commandments, the eight beautitudes, the five pillars of Islam?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
"God needs to write a new book." and . . .

I believe God has in the Revelation and writings of the Baha'i Faith. If God exists this is the result of progressive Revelation that addresses @PopeADope proposed.

I agree though suspect @Pope is too busy creating threads on RF, playing with tarantulas and sorting out health issues to investigate such claims seriously. Besides, imagine if he recognised in the Baha’i writings what he was looking for....

I once taught the faith to this guy who has bipolar. He enrolled but didn’t really get it. He would hold meetings to convince the Baha’is to join a political party as that was really his passion. You could sense the blood pressure of the Persians rising.

25 years on we still see each other regularly but he’s not changed too much since we first met. Then again he would say the same about me.

...I digress lol

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I agree though suspect @Pope is too busy creating threads on RF, playing with tarantulas and sorting out health issues to investigate such claims seriously. Besides, imagine if he recognised in the Baha’i writings what he was looking for....

I once taught the faith to this guy who has bipolar. He enrolled but didn’t really get it. He would hold meetings to convince the Baha’is to join a political party as that was really his passion. You could sense the blood pressure of the Persians rising.

25 years on we still see each other regularly but he’s not changed too much since we first met. Then again he would say the same about me.

...I digress lol
I truly hope he was indeed a prophet. :)

I admire the man, and I love Persia. I keep an Iranian flag on my wall.

This thread was more targeting those who only believe in the Bible or the Quran.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

This thread was more targeting those who only believe in the Bible or the Quran.

Of course. In many ways we are very similar. We both want to explore and encourage a worldview that transcends narrow agendas and embraces a more universal perspective.

Do keep the Iranian flag on your wall. There’s an exciting history of Persia that relates to no less than six monotheistic religions.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Of course. In many ways we are very similar. We both want to explore and encourage a worldview that transcends narrow agendas and embraces a more universal perspective.

Do keep the Iranian flag on your wall. There’s an exciting history of Persia that relates to no less than six monotheistic religions.
That, and I like Shiites far more than sunnis.

Persia is where a lot of Jews went after the Babylonian captivity ended. Queen Esther is my favorite Old Testament female and she was Persian.

Iran is a lot more kind to Jews and non-muslims than the the Sunni Arab Nations.

Iran has Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for those who have alcohol problems. Many other Muslim countries are not that kind to alcoholics.

I admire Persian mosques, art, and architecture as well.

I also like how Iran has many synagogues, Jewish restaurants, Jewish cemeteries, Jewish hospitals, and Jewish schools.

Pakistan and many Sunni countries do not have any synagogues, and Pakistan has one registered Jew in the whole country with no synagogue.

Women in Iran take off their veils in protest the government, and it is very rare that they get arrested for it

There are also sources claiming that Christianity is growing faster in Persia than anywhere else in the world per capita.

So, needless to say, I'm a big fan of Iran and hope America does not attack that Nation.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
That, and I like Shiites far more than sunnis.

Persia is where a lot of Jews went after the Babylonian captivity ended. Queen Esther is my favorite Old Testament female and she was Persian.

Iran is a lot more kind to Jews and non-muslims than the the Sunni Arab Nations.

Iran has Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for those who have alcohol problems. Many other Muslim countries are not that kind to alcoholics.

I admire Persian mosques, art, and architecture as well.

I also like how Iran has many synagogues, Jewish restaurants, Jewish cemeteries, Jewish hospitals, and Jewish schools.

Pakistan and many Sunni countries do not have any synagogues, and Pakistan has one registered Jew in the whole country with no synagogue.

Women in Iran take off their veils in protest the government, and it is very rare that they get arrested for it

There are also sources claiming that Christianity is growing faster in Persia than anywhere else in the world per capita.

So, needless to say, I'm a big fan of Iran and hope America does not attack that Nation.

Actually Persia conquered the Babylonians and so the displaced Jews were then subject to Persia rule. Their empire was vast and one of the largest in history. Zoroastrianism was a monotheistic religion that perhaps inspired one of the earliest multicultural empires. It was King Cyrus who ordered the rebuilding of the Jewish temple and whom the great Hebrew prophet Isaiah had prophecised to be the anointed one (Isaiah 44:28, Isaiah 45:1). That’s high praise for a non-Jewish King who was probably Zoroastrian. During the Persian captivity Daniel received a prophecy that refers to Christianity (Daniel 9:24-27) and later the Baha’i Faith (Daniel 8:13-14).

The Baha’is regard Shi’a Islam with the Imams as the more correct version of Islam as Ali was the one whom Muhammad intended to be His successor. Muslims historically have considered Christians and Jews as people of the book and therefore protected.

Dhimmi - Wikipedia

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member

Why can't God inspire modern people to write a modern text that is more applicable to the 21st century?

Even If God is to reveal periodic annual editions of his book, this won't solve the problem, as we will differ on interpreting what God really meant by what he said on these periodic books.

The only answer is the answer that the Shiite Imams have provided. At any age or time, there must be a prophet or a vicegerent to guide the humanity toward the path of God.

Sorry that due to my many engagements i just can't elaborate more.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Bible and the Quran have some good and some terrible advice. There is good in both of those books, but some of the behaviors that are promoted are simply inhumane, unacceptable, barbaric, or psychopathic by modern standards.

They are simply outdated books! What was acceptable then is no longer acceptable in our enlightened technologically advanced age.

God needs to write a new book. BADLY! We simply can't afford to live according to books promoting or justifying such outdated savage practices, behavior, or bigotry.

Do you really think God wants us to live by such ancient texts in the 21st century?

Why can't he write a new book that applies more to today? All that ancient wisdom and primitive forms of government are just going to hold us back.

Even Christians talk about how Christ fulfilled the law and new covenant (and I don't know a single Christian who follows the Old Testament), yet they are constantly quoting it to condemn other Christians.

It is totally hypocrisy to condemn and judge another person based on a text that you don't even follow.

Books won't change evil, God for example prohibits adultery and asked for honest relationships
between men and women, do you think a new book will make a rapist a good person.

The problem isn't with the book but the humans themselves that may choose the bad way
or the right way, for example God asked us to leave drugs away because it affects our brains,
many crimes occurred due to drugs, do you want a new book for the drug users to stop
using drugs.

I already know you don't follow the Bible, because you don't believe a rapist should marry the person he rapes, you don't believe in killing adulterers and people that work on Sabbath.

It is interesting how you put words in my mouth. Not very truthful.

Interesting thing about the rape rule is, only person who is virgin, could have survived from the stoning that would be reserved for adulterers. If virgin person rapes somebody, it would be better for the child that they marry.

But about judging, not all people are judges and not all people have right to give judgments according to the law of Moses. That means, even if someone would deserve judgment, I don’t have right to give that judgment. I also think world doesn’t have people, who are judges, set by God, that is why, even if somebody would deserve the judgment, nobody on earth can give it.

Also, I think the judgment is always really about is person righteous or not. If person is unrighteous, I accept, if God doesn’t allow unrighteous person to live forever, because that person would cause all kind of evil things.

Do you believe that God Hardened Pharaoh's heart and then killed all the firstborn of Egypt including babies, because Pharaoh had Hardness of Heart.?

Pharaohs heart hardened every time plague ended and he should have let the slaves go free. I believe God ended the plagues and so hardened pharaohs heart.

Reason for the plagues was that pharaohs heart would soften and he would let the Jews go.

I can’t support slavery, therefore I think that it was God that God helped Jews to go free.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It is interesting how you put words in my mouth. Not very truthful.

Interesting thing about the rape rule is, only person who is virgin, could have survived from the stoning that would be reserved for adulterers. If virgin person rapes somebody, it would be better for the child that they marry.

But about judging, not all people are judges and not all people have right to give judgments according to the law of Moses. That means, even if someone would deserve judgment, I don’t have right to give that judgment. I also think world doesn’t have people, who are judges, set by God, that is why, even if somebody would deserve the judgment, nobody on earth can give it.

Also, I think the judgment is always really about is person righteous or not. If person is unrighteous, I accept, if God doesn’t allow unrighteous person to live forever, because that person would cause all kind of evil things.

Pharaohs heart hardened every time plague ended and he should have let the slaves go free. I believe God ended the plagues and so hardened pharaohs heart.

Reason for the plagues was that pharaohs heart would soften and he would let the Jews go.

I can’t support slavery, therefore I think that it was God that God helped Jews to go free.
So, "I will harden Pharaoh's heart " doesn't mean " I will harden Pharaoh's heart".

I love it how Christians will explain away the verses that they don't agree with.

God said that it would be God who hardened Pharaoh's heart. if scripture doesn't mean what it says, what's the point of using scripture to correct others?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Books won't change evil, God for example prohibits adultery and asked for honest relationships
between men and women, do you think a new book will make a rapist a good person.

The problem isn't with the book but the humans themselves that may choose the bad way
or the right way, for example God asked us to leave drugs away because it affects our brains,
many crimes occurred due to drugs, do you want a new book for the drug users to stop
using drugs.
I wonder which religion has done the most to change people's hearts away from doing evil and to do good? And, I wonder which Book of God has been used the most to promote evil against those that don't follow that Book, as defined and interpreted by the religious leaders of that religion?

The Bible is filled with stories of God's chosen people killing and warring against other people, because those others were evil and following false gods. Christians had leaders that killed those of other religions. So did people in Islam. Sometimes people within a religion killed each other. Was it the Book? Was it a misinterpretation of the Book? In the Bible, it is God telling his people to do it. So sometimes it is the Book.

One thing Baha'is say is that the spiritual laws of all religions are the same and don't change, only social laws that were specific to that time and place change. So their new book isn't bringing any new spiritual teachings. If they are right, we've already got those teachings, yet we still have evil and people turning to evil. So whose fault is that? Who has the power to change hearts? Who made humans this way? If God is real, it's God fault. God didn't have to allow this to happen this way, and why should a new book written by him change anything now? Yet, every new book promises... this time things will be different. God promised.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I wonder which religion has done the most to change people's hearts away from doing evil and to do good? And, I wonder which Book of God has been used the most to promote evil against those that don't follow that Book, as defined and interpreted by the religious leaders of that religion?

Good questions!

The Bible is filled with stories of God's chosen people killing and warring against other people, because those others were evil and following false gods. Christians had leaders that killed those of other religions. So did people in Islam. Sometimes people within a religion killed each other. Was it the Book? Was it a misinterpretation of the Book? In the Bible, it is God telling his people to do it. So sometimes it is the Book.[/quote]

The Bible is a compilation of books that reflects tribal religions, and the conflicts of the time.

One thing Baha'is say is that the spiritual laws of all religions are the same and don't change, . . .

False as one thing stated, needs further explanation to be accurate as to what reflects the teachings of the Baha'i Faith.

. . . only social laws that were specific to that time and place change. So their new book isn't bringing any new spiritual teachings. If they are right, we've already got those teachings,

False, the Baha'i faith brings new spiritual teachings, and social laws.

. . . yet we still have evil and people turning to evil.

False, the Baha'i Faith does not believe in the dualism including evil and good.

So whose fault is that? Who has the power to change hearts? Who made humans this way? If God is real, it's God fault. God didn't have to allow this to happen this way, and why should a new book written by him change anything now? Yet, every new book promises... this time things will be different. God promised.

So far the chain of your statements are false, therefore your questions cannot be answered.

Knowledge is the foundation of a fruitful dialogue.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

There is no flag that would represent the Baha'i Faith. The Iranian flag has no relevance.

Two out of three that hold sacred ancient scripture filled with advocating tribal violence to justify ones beliefs.

You're thread opener in arabic "God needs to write a new book." and . . .

Jews, Christians nor Muslims are not going to propose "a new book" . . . therefore you have to look elsewhere for a "new Book."

I would also address the question to @PopeADope.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
There is no flag that would represent the Baha'i Faith. The Iranian flag has no relevance.

Two out of three that hold sacred ancient scripture filled with advocating tribal violence to justify ones beliefs.

You're thread opener in arabic "God needs to write a new book." and . . .

Jews, Christians nor Muslims are not going to propose "a new book" . . . therefore you have to look elsewhere for a "new Book."

I would also address the question to @PopeADope.
Why do you address the question to me? I don't follow the Bible...

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Why do you address the question to me? I don't follow the Bible...

You fly the flag and attend the mass of the Roman Church. ! Why if you do not follow the Bible?

You also stated in another thread:

I absolutely do believe there is much truth in the Bible.

Also if you address only Christians and Muslims the only answer you will get is: "There is no need for another Book!"

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
You fly the flag and attend the mass of the Roman Church. ! Why if you do not follow the Bible?

You also stated in another thread:

Also if you address only Christians and Muslims the only answer you will get is: "There is no need for another Book!"
I like the Vatican flag. I like the American flag to, and I keep the Swedish and Israeli Flags in my room, it doesn't mean I like some of what those Nations have done.

No, I don't believe everything the church teaches, and I don't believe the Bible is without error.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I like the Vatican flag. I like the American flag to, and I keep the Swedish and Israeli Flags in my room, it doesn't mean I like some of what those Nations have done.

No, I don't believe everything the church teaches, and I don't believe the Bible is without error.

That does not answer the questions. Many people who follow the Bible don't believe the Bible is without error. There are contradictions here. Your citations indicate you do follow the Bible, attend mass in the Roman Church and indeed fly the flag of the Roman Church.

You like other flags. So what?!?!?!?!?

Yes, there are good reasons why I turn the question back on you.

Last edited: