• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

°°instructions for a better life°°

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
For those of you who haven't notice...... im a total dummy when it comes to religion and scriptures etc etc :)

but iv come to realize ( i think ) that the books are basically instructions for a better life and wellbeing if followed correctly :)

just for fun and not what any book says ......... What are your personal instructions for a better life :) ?

' instead of buying your next house plants , grow them from seed ....... You will appreciate plants much more and your life will be better :) '

:)

Lusius Fire

Cold Skin, Warm Soul
For those of you who haven't notice...... im a total dummy when it comes to religion and scriptures etc etc :)

but iv come to realize ( i think ) that the books are basically instructions for a better life and wellbeing if followed correctly :)

just for fun and not what any book says ......... What are your personal instructions for a better life :) ?

' instead of buying your next house plants , grow them from seed ....... You will appreciate plants much more and your life will be better :) '

I took your question into deep consideration before replying: Recognize the importance of faith, hope and charity.

It takes no effort to not believe that a higher power is in fact taking part in your life, both in and through you, as well as all around you. But he or she with faith finds delight in recognizing there is such a higher power - call it God, or whatever you like - for that higher power governs the flow of all things. Remember all the times you were afraid, or when you suffered a great loss... There was anguish, wasn't there? Yet it did not last. Something in the universe came and took your anguish away from you, when it was time for it to go.

It takes a blackened heart and a dulled mind to lose all hope. Hope instills you with a sense that things can get better, no matter what the odds appear to be in your life. It opens doorways of possibility that were barred to you if you had none. If you really wish to be all that you are, you need hope to keep yourself afloat among the surprises that life brings.

It takes charity to realize that, through giving a little - even a little of what one needs dearly - to recognize you are a part of a whole system of natural energy, that permeates you and guides you to what you need when you can't seem to find it on your own. For some it is quick; for others it is quite slow; but eventually, one finds that charity is a crucial ingredient to being happier and living a better life. Cling not to those last five dollars, and fear not the hunger that being without food may bring. Give them to someone who needs it even more and feel the compassion surge through you. Do you control that feeling? No, it is the universe acting through you - it is, dare I say it, God. (I am comfortable with that term, as long as we recognize it means something different to each of us as unique individuals.)

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
I took your question into deep consideration before replying: Recognize the importance of faith, hope and charity.

It takes no effort to not believe that a higher power is in fact taking part in your life, both in and through you, as well as all around you. But he or she with faith finds delight in recognizing there is such a higher power - call it God, or whatever you like - for that higher power governs the flow of all things. Remember all the times you were afraid, or when you suffered a great loss... There was anguish, wasn't there? Yet it did not last. Something in the universe came and took your anguish away from you, when it was time for it to go.

It takes a blackened heart and a dulled mind to lose all hope. Hope instills you with a sense that things can get better, no matter what the odds appear to be in your life. It opens doorways of possibility that were barred to you if you had none. If you really wish to be all that you are, you need hope to keep yourself afloat among the surprises that life brings.

It takes charity to realize that, through giving a little - even a little of what one needs dearly - to recognize you are a part of a whole system of natural energy, that permeates you and guides you to what you need when you can't seem to find it on your own. For some it is quick; for others it is quite slow; but eventually, one finds that charity is a crucial ingredient to being happier and living a better life. Cling not to those last five dollars, and fear not the hunger that being without food may bring. Give them to someone who needs it even more and feel the compassion surge through you. Do you control that feeling? No, it is the universe acting through you - it is, dare I say it, God. (I am comfortable with that term, as long as we recognize it means something different to each of us as unique individuals.)
my life is better already:) thank u

Sees

Dragonslayer
Some of mine...

Treat people well and your friends and family even better, even if those other people are having a rough or "pissy" day. Don't fully trust everybody you meet. Confidence and positivity create possibilities. Immerse your self in the life you have instead of focusing or worrying so much about the life others have.

Faybull

Forget all that...Listen to the bards:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Some of mine...

Treat people well and your friends and family even better, even if those other people are having a rough or "pissy" day. Don't fully trust everybody you meet. Confidence and positivity create possibilities. Immerse your self in the life you have instead of focusing or worrying so much about the life others have.
Confidence and positivity are not reflected in distrusting people.

Just saying...

Faybull

Just saying...
If that distrust is a generalization, I agree. But if that distrust has reason, well, it is both positive and being confident. Or maybe just self-righteous?

Sees

Dragonslayer

Just saying...

You don't have to distrust them, just not fully trust them. I think we only have a small perentage of people you can truly, fully trust in a lifetime's worth acquaintances. I also think it's dangerous and foolish to fully trust most or even say half.

Realistic views from wisdom gained have to balance out the confidence and positivity...no absolutes

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
You don't have to distrust them, just not fully trust them.
Is that like being a little bit pregnant?

I think we only have a small perentage of people you can truly, fully trust in a lifetime's worth acquaintances.
And I think it's a human capability.

Different strokes...

I also think it's dangerous and foolish to fully trust most or even say half.

Realistic views from wisdom gained have to balance out the confidence and positivity...no absolutes
That's called pessimism. :)

Faybull

You don't have to distrust them, just not fully trust them. I think we only have a small perentage of people you can truly, fully trust in a lifetime's worth acquaintances. I also think it's dangerous and foolish to fully trust most or even say half.

there will always be some absolute, if even no absolutes

Sees

Dragonslayer
To me it's not pessimistic at all. If I think my daughter isn't one of the 10 best singers alive...it doesn't mean I feel she's a poor singer. If I would only pay to see a handful of singers give a live performance, it doesn't mean most people can't sing for crap. Know what I mean?

I trust the majority of people I meet more than I distrust them, but I only fully, deeply, truly Trust a small number...it's about degrees, expectations, and preparation all mixed together.

If I spend the day out at a local fair, around lots of people, I feel like I'll be around lots of good folks and it will be a good day... I wouldn't leave expensive, easy to steal stuff sitting out in the open though.

Is that like being a little bit pregnant?

And I think it's a human capability.

Different strokes...

That's called pessimism. :)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
To me it's not pessimistic at all. If I think my daughter isn't one of the 10 best singers alive...it doesn't mean I feel she's a poor singer. If I would only pay to see a handful of singers give a live performance, it doesn't mean most people can't sing for crap. Know what I mean?
Well, no... that's just being selective. Can you relate it to distrust?

I trust the majority of people I meet more than I distrust them, but I only fully, deeply, truly Trust a small number...it's about degrees, expectations, and preparation all mixed together.

If I spend the day out at a local fair, around lots of people, I feel like I'll be around lots of good folks and it will be a good day... I wouldn't leave expensive, easy to steal stuff sitting out in the open though.
Okay.