• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yadavas Hebrews farmers. How come Jews thought Hebrews were slaves?

River Sea

My learning vocabulary

To help me remember, I have a challenge for me to use the words "a part" and "apart" with this topic. Also, can you do this challenge too, so I can read your use of these words?

Apart means some sort of separation between things.

A part refers to one of the units that's included.

Let's see how I do with this challenge.

50% of straws was a part of burned bricks when building dwellings in Indus Valley.

The Pharaoh caused them to apart their time away from burning bricks since they had to gather straw.

◄ Exodus 5:7 ►
Ye shall no more give the people straw to make brick, as heretofore: let them go and gather straw for themselves

Ok, now it's your turn. Please let me see how you use these words in this topic: a part and apart.

River Sea

Bthoth

*banned*
@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @crossfire @Aupmanyav

What does that mean it isn't indigenous?

Cotton From Prehistoric Pakistan Found in 7,200-year-old Village in Israel
The cotton found in Neolithic Israel, dyed in blue and other colors, couldn’t have been local because it isn’t indigenous – but it was in the Indus Valley, archaeologists say

There's more to read
The trade root from east to west was in use well before israel even existed.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

The cotton found in Neolithic Israel, dyed in blue and other colors, couldn’t have been local because it isn’t indigenous – but it was in the Indus Valley, archaeologists say

There's more to read
Of course there was trade between the areas.

River Sea

How would you answer this question?

The question was: Do you read the Bible empirically, that is, apart from personal bias and/or denominational interpretations?

My response was: I'm interested in referencing the Bible about how the 3 Abrahamic religions came about, after the Hebrews Yadavas left the Indus Valley and traveled to Yisrael

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
There's more to read
i would not be able to read more as i am injured and typing with my left hand. sure, indigo may have reached israel from india, but that does not mean that indians may have gone there. perhaps the indians sold it to gulf arabs and they took it to israel and jews took it rome. indians generally were home-loving short-hop traders. :)

Bthoth

*banned*

The question was: Do you read the Bible empirically, that is, apart from personal bias and/or denominational interpretations?

My response was: I'm interested in referencing the Bible about how the 3 Abrahamic religions came about, after the Hebrews Yadavas left the Indus Valley and traveled to Yisrael

RS, that could make a NEW thread.

NO, the bible is not empirical. I see it as a bunch of short stories trying to address a bunch of old questions.

River Sea

@Bthoth
NO, the bible is not empirical. I see it as a bunch of short stories trying to address a bunch of old questions.
I agree the bible was stories and trying to address a bunch of questions.

I looked up the word empirical.

em·pir·i·cal

based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic:
"they provided considerable empirical evidence to support their argument"

i would not be able to read more as i am injured and typing with my left hand.

@Aupmanyav
I understand I'll see less of your typing. I hope you'll recover soon and be able to type with both hands soon, and if not, I feel for you as you wrestle with this ongoing injury while learning to use only one hand.

@Aupmanyav you're from rajasthan and you explain it was common to see women collecting cow dung.

I found this on YouTube Dung Collector Girl

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala where you live do you see women collecting cow dung?

Did Moses Krishna ever asked women to collect cow dung? The Pharaoh asked men to gather straw.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
@River Sea, cow-dung is a very useful material. made into cakes, it is used for cooking. put into pits, it generates methane which can be used in cooking and the residue in pits is used as fertilizer. it saves on energy and reduces need for fire-wood. also means a smokeless kitchen. there are millions of such plants in india. government subsidizes construcion of such plants. mixed with soil it is used in adobe houses for walls and flooring. the sitting area in our ancestral house had such a floor. it remains cool in hot summers and was not cold in winters. also, covered with cotton carpets (durries), it is not hard when walked upon and makes very comfortable sitting. actually, people can sell cow dung to one state government in india.

dried cow dung cakes on wall, cow dung+clay+straw wall, cooking with cow dung, cow dung gas plant, woman putting cow dung cakes on wall
main-qimg-e71eb536ddc50a80999374ae9c841588-lq
Mud-dung-straw_wall.jpeg
traditional-indian-cooking-style-cowdung-600w-1405631528.jpg
659-women-standing-near-a-gobar-gas-plant---renewable-energy-profile-image-F230SH7_DVD0045.jpg
A4036-Alternative-Materials-Cow-dung-Paint-IMAGE-2.jpg

Last edited:

River Sea

cow-dung is a very useful material. made into cakes, it is used for cooking. put into pits, it generates methane which can be used in cooking and the residue in pits is used as fertilizer. it saves on energy and reduces need for fire-wood. also means a smokeless kitchen. there are millions of such plants in india. government subsidizes construcion of such plants. mixed with soil it is used in adobe houses for walls and flooring. the sitting area in our ancestral house had such a floor. it remains cool in hot summers and was not cold in winters. also, covered with cotton carpets (durries), it is not hard when walked upon and makes very comfortable sitting. actually, people can sell cow dung to one state government in india.

dried cow dung cakes on wall, cow dung+clay+straw wall, cooking with cow dung, cow dung gas plant, woman putting cow dung cakes on wall
@Aupmanyav Wow, so much! Cow dung has so much value for survival and healthy knowledge to have. Yes, I see the value of cow dung. This is so interesting—what they do with cow dung. It even helps to avoid needing firewood, which causes smokeless kitchens and helps with breathing. I wonder if people in Egypt also use cow dung like they do in India.

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @crossfire What do you think about all the ways people can use cow dung, and does Egypt also use cow dung similar to how India does?

I was aware of cow dung for fertilizers, and also, my dad had cow dung on his foot to draw out when he stepped on a huge nail, and they pulled it out and put a lot of cow dung on his foot. I'll need to ask what the cow dung drawn out was as my dad's foot healed. Dad told me that story many times.

@Aupmanyav as you explain @Bharat Jhunjhunwala way of reading the bible is collecting cow dung, I'll claim that's my way of reading the bible too. So you'll need to put me in the same category as @Bharat Jhunjhunwala and research even cow dung that even you @Aupmanyav did. The bible with it's archeology knowledge that includes the uses of cow dung.

I'm sure Moses-Krishna, Jesus, Mary, and King David, Set-Jacob-Kush, all were able to breathe better because of smokeless kitchens due to using cow dung instead of wood.

Jesus was a carpenter; surely Jesus also used cow dung when building things.

I wonder about this that at some point, because of how appreciated cows were for their survival, they even made a golden calf to show their appreciation for

I think that's what the Hebrews were doing—showing their appreciation when making a golden calf.

I'm sure the cows and cattle were so useful, and that includes using cow dung before and during the time of the Exodus.

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
@Aupmanyav Wow, so much! Cow dung has so much value for survival and healthy knowledge to have. Yes, I see the value of cow dung. This is so interesting—what they do with cow dung. It even helps to avoid needing firewood, which causes smokeless kitchens and helps with breathing. I wonder if people in Egypt also use cow dung like they do in India.

@Bthoth @Bharat Jhunjhunwala @crossfire What do you think about all the ways people can use cow dung, and does Egypt also use cow dung similar to how India does?

I was aware of cow dung for fertilizers, and also, my dad had cow dung on his foot to draw out when he stepped on a huge nail, and they pulled it out and put a lot of cow dung on his foot. I'll need to ask what the cow dung drawn out was as my dad's foot healed. Dad told me that story many times.

@Aupmanyav as you explain @Bharat Jhunjhunwala way of reading the bible is collecting cow dung, I'll claim that's my way of reading the bible too. So you'll need to put me in the same category as @Bharat Jhunjhunwala and research even cow dung that even you @Aupmanyav did. The bible with it's archeology knowledge that includes the uses of cow dung.

I'm sure Moses-Krishna, Jesus, Mary, and King David, Set-Jacob-Kush, all were able to breathe better because of smokeless kitchens due to using cow dung instead of wood.

Jesus was a carpenter; surely Jesus also used cow dung when building things.

I wonder about this that at some point, because of how appreciated cows were for their survival, they even made a golden calf to show their appreciation for

I think that's what the Hebrews were doing—showing their appreciation when making a golden calf.

I'm sure the cows and cattle were so useful, and that includes using cow dung before and during the time of the Exodus.
Hebrews may be cow.bull worshippers from india. BAAL?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hebrews may be cow.bull worshippers from india. BAAL?
More likely from Egypt: Hathor (called Baalat by the Caananites) is quite ancient in Egypt. This article argues that Hathor might have come from the Canaanites, but again, Hathor is quite ancient, So I say other way around. Turquoise mine in the Sinai:

Bthoth

*banned*
More likely from Egypt: Hathor (called Baalat by the Caananites) is quite ancient in Egypt. This article argues that Hathor might have come from the Canaanites, but again, Hathor is quite ancient, So I say other way around. Turquoise mine in the Sinai:
ever wonder what the story of the golden calf was about?

River Sea

@Bthoth
ever wonder what the story of the golden calf was about?

What do you think of Stefan Clasemann's explanation of the golden calf?

cow 1.jpg

I wish I knew how to add more quotes when editing. Do you know how? It only allows me to save or cancel.

@crossfire from website you shared I read about Goddess Hathor
"The goddess Hathor is considered central to the Egyptian pantheon. Personifying female aspects of love, music, fertility, and more Hathor was the deity responsible for welcoming the ancients to the afterlife, and an object of worship specifically to miners."

@crossfire Do you know any songs that people sing about Goddess Hathor?

Here's a song I listen to: a Youtube video: Ísis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Deméter, Kali, and Inanna.
I don't hear the name Hathor, and I wonder in relation to these other names.

Goddess Invocation by Chris and Sheree Geo

Also from website you shared, "The original shrine to Hathor was in a cave: the portico was built in front of the cave and the temple in front of the portico. Beit-Arieh believed that each successive mining expedition rebuilt and added new chambers and hieroglyphics to the temple, up to the Twenty-Sixth Dynasty (685 to 525 B.C.E.)."

Then the website asked, "The question is how Hathor got there."

further in the website explains, "Baalat was the female form of Ba’al, commonly known as a Canaanite god"

I'm still reading the website

The website you shared: Did the Egyptian goddess Hathor originate in Canaan?

@Bharat Jhunjhunwala wrote, "Hebrews may be cow.bull worshippers from india. BAAL?"

What was worship compare to appreciation
So Yadavas worshiped cow bull in Indus Valley what were the behaviors to show this compare to appreciate?

Explain the detail behaviors can you? Or was this so called worship only from their thinking, what is worship compare to appreciation?

I used older vocabulary but I notice you used modern language such as Hebrews and India

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Horns not idols. Lion or cow. Nothing like india.

Do we have idols of calves in Egypt? And ethnological evidence?