• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Should Atheists and Polytheists complain in hell?

Unification

Why would a atheist not agnostic or someone obsessed with Christianity talk about hell as if it exists? No atheist I know talks about these things as if they are real. Even more so, what do you mean by complaining?

For example, I find it completely wrong and immoral for anyone to "go to hell" for disbelief. It's not a complain. It's just, well, wrong. A lot of atheist are influenced by christian and like beliefs and the have strong opinions against it.

Maybe you are wondering why they make a big deal of it? Different than complaining.

And if we are aware of the strategic falsity of church and religion building doctrine, I personally see many individuals struggling day to day in fear, doubt, and worry about themselves and their relatives and friends burning forever in torment in a mythological place created by man's imagination in order to have control over others. It's hypocritical, as those folks are all already in a living conscious state of hell (fear, worry, and doubt via control and mind conditioning. They don't want to go to hell but are already in hell, imagine that.

Unification

Let say the christian side is true, resulting in the burning of non-christians. I wouldnt complain because i made the choice to disbelieve in trinity.

So i would expect the same behavior from atheists and polytheists. God sents messengers to give gladtidings and warnings. So i believe atheists and polytheists have no real excuse.

It appears you're an atheist also, to all gods but yours.

Again, agnostics get left out. I guess we just go to Pugatory, or maybe Limbo.

R-2908533-1306759223.jpeg.jpg

My goodness, that is a truly terrifying thought.

*converts*

Jumi

Why? Religion or faith is not for everyone. Religion in the terms we all know it normally, is either a part of you...or not. Some people don't believe in the Semite God, but they see faith and much spirituality just by sitting on the verandah/porch and listening to the birds and seeing the grass grow...and that's fine!...
I was talking in context of the OP.

rstrats

Servant_of_the_One1,

re: "Let say the christian side is true, resulting in the burning of non-christians. I wouldnt complain because i made the choice to disbelieve in trinity."

Just to add to what a previous poster wrote; are you saying that you can consciously choose to believe that someone or something does or doesn't exist, or that a certain proposition is or isn't true?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
:D

I mean why should polytheists and atheists complain when they disbelieved in the God who created the hell :p
Speaking for myself, I'm not complaining about your god; I'm complaining about you.

Regardless of whether your god actually exists or not, if you think that your god is good and you think that your god will torture me forever, this implies that YOU think it would be good if I was tortured forever.

If you're going to think this about me, I think you should have the courtesy to tell me why.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Let say the christian side is true, resulting in the burning of non-christians. I wouldnt complain because i made the choice to disbelieve in trinity.
I believe that you would.
After a minute or so you would start complaints against the ayatollahs and mullahs that lied to you about Jesus. You'd beg, dance, prostrate yourself, pray...you would denounce Muhammad and all his teaching if you thought it would help.

So i would expect the same behavior from atheists and polytheists. God sents messengers to give gladtidings and warnings. So i believe atheists and polytheists have no real excuse.
I would expect the same behavior from everyone.
Tom

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The truth is (maybe) you will find God Is One in afterlife and shirk is false............just that
While I very much doubt that, even if I knew that to be true it would still be rather unimportant, and by no means a reason to... to attempt to pretend to believe in God and in the Quran, I suppose?

Shad

Veteran Member
And thus not worthy of worship.

Worship should never be dictated by the thing claiming to be worth of worship nor coerced by reward/punishment dynamics.

Imagine is a nation like the USA made it illegal to reject evolution along with a life-time jail sentence. People would be up in arms over it. Yet when the same dynamic is applied to their religion they see not problem at all. This is due to vested interest a person has in their religion rather than any rational argument. They can not challenge their bias since they are within the in-group thus part of the herd or group think.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Now Atheists and Polytheists dont believe in God, Hell or Paradise. So why should they complain if they see the angels of punishment?

Is it not better to accept reality and be patient with it. Because it doesnt matter if u complain or not, there is no way out.

I understand when Jews and Christians would speak out, seeking mercy because they though they followed guidance. But in my opinion i dont think Atheists and Polytheists have good reason to complain.

Seems fair. You stop complaining about things on this side of Death's Door, and stop judging on behalf of your God, and we'll shut our traps after death and submit to your God's judgement.

Fair deal?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If only someone could prove afterlife exists. I'm open to the idea, have looked for proof, but nothing convincing ever came up. Most likely we will all just rot and "dust to dust" is what will happen.
I personally feel that there is no such thing as an afterlife, well not for who we believe we are, to me its just fear of losing our life forever, and finding any belief that will make us feel comfortable while living. The only real thing to do is to make the best of your life that you have here and now, and not wast your time worrying over another life.

Simply put we are punished for not believing in an idea that has no evidence, has counter arguments, has competing ideas from other religions rather than any action done by us. All show how arbitrary such deities are. Believe or be tortured is a primative human response to one rejecting an authority. It is irrational. Any God that supports these ideas is not benevolent thus is not a God, just a powerful tyrant.

Or perhaps the evidence you were looking for wasn't sufficient, counter arguments ultimately turned down due to information one might've not come across, and the competing ideas are proven to be illegitimate. At death each person is shown what their entire life was like and that's where the ultimate humility takes place. Where a counter argument may be understandable here, will eventually be proven wrong either by a human here or at death.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Again, agnostics get left out. I guess we just go to Pugatory, or maybe Limbo.

Hey, it's not our fault you refuse to get in a box. We have all these nice boxes, with their destinations all marked on them, but nooooo...the agnostics don't wanna GET in a box. They want to be all freestyle, and just work things out as they go...

Err...it's been a long day at work. I apologize for spouting random rubbish. Still, it would make things simpler if you just became a Scientologist or something.

Shad

Veteran Member
Or perhaps the evidence you were looking for wasn't sufficient

Perhaps my standards are higher than others. Probably a good reason why religions are a dime a dozen.

counter arguments ultimately turned down due to information one might've not come across

I am referring to philosophical arguments since the empirical side is covered by the term evidence.
and the competing ideas are proven to be illegitimate.

Such as? Lets some arguments and/or evidence that Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc, are false.

At death each person is shown what their entire life was like and that's where the ultimate humility takes place. Where a counter argument may be understandable here, will eventually be proven wrong either by a human here or at death.

So your argument rests on waiting until death to see the evidence which is at the point in which many religions claim it is too late to converts. This is nothing more than an argument from ignorance and god of the gaps. It is completely unconvincing for people not at this death steps so becomes completely subjective.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Or perhaps the evidence you were looking for wasn't sufficient, counter arguments ultimately turned down due to information one might've not come across, and the competing ideas are proven to be illegitimate. At death each person is shown what their entire life was like and that's where the ultimate humility takes place. Where a counter argument may be understandable here, will eventually be proven wrong either by a human here or at death.

Meh...I have Dungeons and Dragons dice at home from when I was a kid. Like these...

dd-dice.jpg

Even if I limit my decision to the Christian religions, it's gonna take a whole lot of dice rolling to pick one of the 3000+ variations on offer.
That's what I never understand about Pascal's Wager. It only works if you start from the 1, and work backwards. Otherwise it's a nonsense.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's what I never understand about Pascal's Wager. It only works if you start from the 1, and work backwards. Otherwise it's a nonsense.
I think it only works if you are truly a coward and truly fearful of eternal damnation - and also if you somehow ignore all the other religions when you found one you want to place your bet on, which takes a huge amount of intellectual dishonesty.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

You know, I never understood why people see that as an issue at all.

Death is just death, and there is in essence no reason whatsover to expect otherwise, let alone to care whether anyone holds "wrong beliefs" on the matter.

And having a bad afterlife for not believing in the right god and/or scripture... really? That looks more like some form of satire than an actual belief.

Is it not self-evident that even if we take for granted that there is such a judgment, it is just too petty to deserve anyone's attention?

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think it only works if you are truly a coward and truly fearful of eternal damnation - and also if you somehow ignore all the other religions when you found one you want to place your bet on, which takes a huge amount of intellectual dishonesty.

Even that will not be nearly enough. One also has to convince himself that there is an immoral judgment for one's ternal afterlife; that god is both easily fooled and utterly immoral and insane; and that morality is essentially meaningless, just a form of work under gunpoint.

Anyone who proposes it except in jest lacks basic respect for theism.