• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Should Atheists and Polytheists complain in hell?

Servant_of_the_One1

Now Atheists and Polytheists dont believe in God, Hell or Paradise. So why should they complain if they see the angels of punishment?

Is it not better to accept reality and be patient with it. Because it doesnt matter if u complain or not, there is no way out.

I understand when Jews and Christians would speak out, seeking mercy because they though they followed guidance. But in my opinion i dont think Atheists and Polytheists have good reason to complain.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
wat.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Now Atheists and Polytheists dont believe in God, Hell or Paradise. So why should they complain if they see the angels of punishment?

Is it not better to accept reality and be patient with it. Because it doesn't matter if u complain or not, there is no way out.

I understand when Jews and Christians would speak out, seeking mercy because they though they followed guidance. But in my opinion i don't think Atheists and Polytheists have good reason to complain.

Why would a atheist not agnostic or someone obsessed with Christianity talk about hell as if it exists? No atheist I know talks about these things as if they are real. Even more so, what do you mean by complaining?

For example, I find it completely wrong and immoral for anyone to "go to hell" for disbelief. It's not a complain. It's just, well, wrong. A lot of atheist are influenced by christian and like beliefs and the have strong opinions against it.

Maybe you are wondering why they make a big deal of it? Different than complaining.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

I don't worry about angels of punishment in the least.

I do see a lot of reason to worry about the believers in their existence, though.

Is it not better to accept reality and be patient with it. Because it doesnt matter if u complain or not, there is no way out.

Again, a supposed afterlife is no worry at all. Whether it exists or not, whether it is unfair or not, there is nothing to be done about that and therefore no reason to worry.

The effects of beliefs in an afterlive, however, have been quite consistently worth caring about. Quite a few people saw fit to commit very unwise, even all-out destructible and tragic actions motivated by those.

I understand when Jews and Christians would speak out, seeking mercy because they though they followed guidance. But in my opinion i dont think Atheists and Polytheists have good reason to complain.

About god? None whatsoever.

About theists and theism, the matter is something else entirely.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well they can argue that they were not given sufficient evidence to believe that this one particular God concept was the only acceptable one.
We can go quite a bit further than that.

If there is a creator God, it must follow that it was his will that many (or most) of us could not believe in his existence.

It is entirely impossible for a fair or loving god to see fit in punishing unbelievers for disbelief's sake.

Last edited:

Servant_of_the_One1

Let say the christian side is true, resulting in the burning of non-christians. I wouldnt complain because i made the choice to disbelieve in trinity.

So i would expect the same behavior from atheists and polytheists. God sents messengers to give gladtidings and warnings. So i believe atheists and polytheists have no real excuse.

Servant_of_the_One1

LOL - Okay, I promise not to complain about something that doesn't exist after I don't exist anymore.

Imagine on ur death bed you see the angels of torture but u cant warn the people, there is curtain between you and the living world. People only see a dying man, however you witness something else.
Thats the moment a atheist would think: Oh ***, i made the wrong choice! :D

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Imagine on ur death bed you see the angels of torture but u cant warn the people, there is curtain between you and the living world. People only see a dying man, however you witness something else.

Nah, they would just be delusional and hallucinating.

Shad

Veteran Member

Simply put we are punished for not believing in an idea that has no evidence, has counter arguments, has competing ideas from other religions rather than any action done by us. All show how arbitrary such deities are. Believe or be tortured is a primative human response to one rejecting an authority. It is irrational. Any God that supports these ideas is not benevolent thus is not a God, just a powerful tyrant.

Laika

Premium Member

Because a person who enters heavan for blind obedience is a lesser man than the person who goes to hell for being responsible for their mistakes.

Kirran

Premium Member
Because it would fricken' hurt. Because it would be absurdly unjust and unfair.

Say certain evangelicals are right, and the fact that you haven't accepted Jesus as the Messiah and Son of God means you'll burn in hell for ever. You wouldn't object to that, Servant? You wouldn't say 'hold on, I did my best to follow God, I thought that I was following the One True Faith and did my best by that. Why are you punishing me for my ignorance?'?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

And what makes you think that they will complain?

I don't think I would complain, in the very unlikely event that I will find myself in front of God after my "death", The only think I would probably ask Him is why He gave me a brain that clearly denies Him when it functions properly :)

Ciao

- viole

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Won't you feel embarrassed and ashamed when you find out that none of what you believed to be true matches the reality of what actually is? All those years spent sending people to hell, rather than seeing them as they are. All that sense of loss of a life wasted on such fearful nonsense.