• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't God save starving children

Ya but you make is sound like it is JEHOVAH who has done away with such things.

How is that?:confused:

Here is what I said, "It is explained in the NT that all these things would cease.

1 Corinthians 13:7-9.
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.9For we know in part and we prophesy in part;…"

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Like I am over here and a miracle happens for me......and you are over there.....so you do not witness God's miracle and according to you "it did not happen". That I call a delusion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is that?:confused:

Here is what I said, "It is explained in the NT that all these things would cease.

1 Corinthians 13:7-9.
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.9For we know in part and we prophesy in part;…"
I can hear the Spirit saying EVEN THOUGH those things will cease because "there is no one righteous, no not one" THERE WILL STILL BE LOVE. There will always be love.

I am too aware that the governing body does not teach comprehension. I think that is too bad.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
[/QUOTE]It doesn't work for you, but it works for us. We see God differently than you do, we
All this does not work when we ask an alternative question: why does God let children die of cancer? Or earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.

If the Father is waiting for us to feed them, why should we not except from Him to stop things that are obviously outside our control?

Ciao

- viole
Now we're raising the bar, so to speak. There are starving people because other people won't feed them. Diseases and natural disasters are a whole different thing. What you ask is an age-old question, and I asked it myself when I was a teenager before I became a believer. I have a lot of explanations, but no real answers. Personally, my faith keeps me strong. I've seen people in the midst of suffering give glory to God; suffering from diseases and natural disasters, and people who have lost loved ones, they still give glory to God.
I know that what I wrote is a non-answer to you, but if I go any further, it will become a sermon.

I can hear the Spirit saying EVEN THOUGH those things will cease because "there is no one righteous, no not one" THERE WILL STILL BE LOVE. There will always be love.

I am too aware that the governing body does not teach comprehension. I think that is too bad.
I think it is too bad you attack these people over and over again.Your intensions do not seem pure.

Yes. That is you looking in a mirror I suppose.

Wait a minute. Prove the governing body teaches comprehension.
And this is where I get off the bus.Sorry.I have not spoken to you in about 9 months now for a reason.I do not wish to go further with you.I just wanted to show you a few things.You are incorrect about "cease" and "Do away with."They are in there.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And this is where I get off the bus.Sorry.I have not spoken to you in about 9 months now for a reason.I do not wish to go further with you.I just wanted to show you a few things.You are incorrect about "cease" and "Do away with."They are in there.
Yes. Cease is in there. But WHY did they cease? You imply they ended by the will of Jehovah. I am saying The Bible does not say that.

screen-shot-2015-05-26-at-1-18-36-pm-png.9303
screen-shot-2015-05-26-at-1-19-15-pm-png.9304

screen-shot-2015-05-26-at-1-17-32-pm-png.9302

1 Corinthians 13:8 Interlinear: The love doth never fail; and whether there be prophecies, they shall become useless; whether tongues, they shall cease; whether knowledge, it shall become useless;

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
"I was hungry and you fed me"...Jesus of Nazareth.

JWs must be too cheap to feed anyone.

Have you heard the saying "your damned if you do and damned if you dont" ?

There is a thread on rf somewhere criticizing the WT organisations disaster relief efforts. Meh.

Awoon

I dont think that is quite what Jesus illustration meant. Its not not to be taken literally my friend.

Forget Jesus....Do what he taught you to do. Raise dead, Heal sick, clothe naked, feed hungry. Instead you go from house to house trying to get more people to join your group.

Forget Jesus....Do what he taught you to do. Raise dead, Heal sick, clothe naked, feed hungry. Instead you go from house to house trying to get more people to join your group.

The JW's are doing exactly what Jesus taught.Going house to house is part of that message.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations
, and then the end will come.

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

So you see,they are doing what is commanded.Jesus wanted his followers to spread the good news about God's Kingdom.Here is another example of JW's following what Jesus and his disciples did.Paul speaks and tells what he does.

Acts 20:20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house.

Here Paul calls what he is doing witnessing.

Acts 28:23 They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus.

Acts 5:42 Day after day,
in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

So,according to the holy scriptures,JW's are doing just that.Preaching what Jesus taught his 1st century Christians to do.Teach the truth,go house to house.Studying daily and never stopping.Total dedication to the cause.Who else is doing this?

The JW's are not trying to get people to join their group.They are trying to convince people that Gods word is true in the holy scriptures.Some do not believe at all about God.Some people know about God but do not have an accurate knowledge of the truth.JW's study daily and know what is really in the holy scriptures.Helping people understand the real message is important for one to have a true relationship with their creator.Once people realize what the HS really says they are amazed,and if they want,they can study further until they feel ready to get baptized,if they choose to do so.

Now as far has healing people and things of that nature,these things ceased long ago after the true disciples of Jesus were all long gone.It was written.

1 Corinthians 13:8 8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part;…

This explains it.

"21 “Love never fails.” What did Paul mean by those words? As seen in the context, he was discussing the gifts of the spirit that were present among early Christians. Those gifts served as signs that God’s favor was on the newly formed congregation. But not all Christians could heal, prophesy, or speak in tongues. However, that did not matter; the miraculous gifts would eventually cease anyway. Yet, something else would remain, something every Christian could cultivate. It was more outstanding, more enduring, than any miraculous gift. In fact, Paul called it “a surpassing way.” (1 Corinthians 12:31) What was this “surpassing way”? It was the way of love."

LIBRARY