• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
To close out 2015, a friend and I went to see Quentin Tarantino's 8th movie and it's about what you would expect.
A total gore fest of senseless violence and foul language?
Second is Mononoke herself...
But overall, it's still a great movie and one that I would recommend.

That movie's definitely one of my favorites.
I think the last one I watched was Dope, which was really funny and a pretty good movie. The Zelda reference/joke delighted my inner nerd (the movie is about a nerd after all) and made me giggle.
I also watched the new Terminator movie. Even though it really felt like they just hacked up the ones before it and made a new movie out of it, I have to say it was much better than watching one of the bombardment of reboots. I absolutely cannot wait until that trend DIES!

Abishai100

Drifter Deal

Mad Max: Fury Road [2015] is very entertaining and highly under-rated, given its rich presentation of road thrills and derring-do on wheels.

This film also features a new and most terrible nemesis named Immortan Joe who is nothing short of a serial rapist plaguing an apocalyptic wasteland, and Tom Hardy is excellent as the new Max, replacing the franchise mainstay Mel Gibson.

Immortan Joe

ij.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Mad Max: Fury Road [2015] is very entertaining and highly under-rated, given its rich presentation of road thrills and derring-do on wheels.
I think the movie is extremely over rated. Very weak and poor plot, lack of any real character development, and there are just way too many things that just aren't explained.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Saw Deadpool, wasn't expecting anything of it, just went because my husband wanted to watch it. But I loved it. It was super well done, funny and there was some... Interesting scenes... Let's just whisper, "Happy International Women's day". *Ahem*

Anyway, I recommend it, if you're into anti-hero mature movies. Or if you love Deadpool (I haven't read any of the comics so I don't know how it compares but from what I heard from the fans, it's good).

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Just saw Zootopia. Got to give Disney credit a well done kids movie teaching about racism and bigotry. Both my boys liked the movie and my oldest understood the message.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Batman v Superman was awesome. Marvel fans be warned though, it's intelligent and you might have to think!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Batman v Superman was awesome. Marvel fans be warned though, it's intelligent and you might have to think!

Saw it on Friday. Didn't personally like it and didn't find it intelligent either. Nice little insult you threw there towards Marvel fans, calling them stupid.

What exactly did you think made the movie intelligent? I'm curious to know.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Saw Deadpool, wasn't expecting anything of it, just went because my husband wanted to watch it. But I loved it. It was super well done, funny and there was some... Interesting scenes... Let's just whisper, "Happy International Women's day". *Ahem*

Anyway, I recommend it, if you're into anti-hero mature movies. Or if you love Deadpool (I haven't read any of the comics so I don't know how it compares but from what I heard from the fans, it's good).

Honestly, from the reviews, I'm sort of surprised it's so liked.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Really? How? Where did you see better reviews for B vs S?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/deadpool/

Much better ratings for Deadpool.

No, I didn't say there were better reviews, what I meant was, it is surprising that Deadpool is so well liked , in comparison. From the descriptions, i think i might prefer Deadpool, however, this is not an indication of general audience preference, merely could be// my like ; of characters in the genre.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Saw it on Friday. Didn't personally like it and didn't find it intelligent either. Nice little insult you threw there towards Marvel fans, calling them stupid.
What exactly did you think made the movie intelligent? I'm curious to know.
It's a DC v Marvel fan rivalry.
DC fans have a serious self image problem because their characters are so lame....except for Batman.
They used him to try to make Superman interesting.
So we must be gentle & understanding with our DC Comix friends.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
No, I didn't say there were better reviews, what I meant was, it is surprising that Deadpool is so well liked , in comparison. From the descriptions, i think i might prefer Deadpool, however, this is not an indication of general audience preference, merely could be// my like ; of characters in the genre.

Oh yeah it's so subjective. I'm not a "fan" of either Marvel or DC, I just have been enjoying Marvel movies quite a bit lately. I quite enjoyed The Dark Knight and Arrow (tv series) but this one, nope. I think you should go watch both and see which you like, or both or neither.

I just felt like Batman vs Superman was very under developed (characters, plot, etc). The actions scenes were ok, I didn't feel all that exited watching them, unfortunately. I'd like to see a movie with Wonderwoman in it. She was pretty awesome but sort of just thrown in.

Deadpool was just enjoyable. You don't watch that sort of movie for finding anything intelligent in it. It's just pure silly and action, just fun.

I don't go to watch Superhero-type of movies to get a message from them, I'd go watch something else for that. Not to say they can't do it, but it's never going to be super deep, to me at least. I though B vs S had quite obvious messages and I don't consider myself a genius.

Premium Member
I'm not a marvel v DC guy, I just hate the drivel Marvel pops out. Batman v Superman touched on a lot of the same stuff Watchmen did and in the same mature ways (**** yeah Snyder!). Deadpool though awesome as well, but they're two ends of the spectrum!

Premium Member
Definitely not DC v Marvel though movie wise. Look at Nolan's ridiculous batman trilogy. I think that was worse than avengers movie because Nolan and everyone else thought they were more intelligent. Now I'd rather watch heavy batman than ball pit avengers, but at least Marvel knows and chooses to be the silly little kid studio. Nolan is just crap.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
A new addition from Studio Ghibli. I absolutely love it's atmosphere and premise, but in the final 15 minutes (when everything is revealed), it kind of accumulates into "That's it?" and becomes a tad predictable.

Still, it's a solid effort from a great studio.

8/10

Omiode_no_Marnie_poster.jpg