• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you currently playing?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I just finished BioShock: Infinite. It was a very enjoyable, but also very flawed, game.

Pros: Not too difficult (aside from a few sections and fights), but not too easy either; very fast paced; I love the idea of taking Americas history and turning it into a full on religion; a story I thought was great and creative; and an ending that is unsatisfying at first, but over time feels complete.

Cons: Overall feels rushed; a little too linear; only able to carry two weapons at once; good God, why does that final fight exist?!?

I give it a 7/10.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Playing combat mission 2 lately. Available at battlefront.com. An armchair generals wet dream. *grin*

Its been a tough go.

Playing " Between two"Minors" a ww2 scenario (semi-historical) where I chose the side of Romanian forces squaring off with entrenched Hungarian forces and a supporting contingent of Nazi German troops situated on a hill to the west overlooking a village that holds a small contingent of armor including several medium tanks, troops and antitank units.

Hills, valleys, and woodland terrain makes it a very tough go. I start off with 4 platoons with reinforcements including armor and additional troops arriving after turn three. I have 25+ turns to accomplish the task.

Tried engaging a three and two prong approach for several days in attempts to take the objective village, only incurring two draws and one tactical defeat so far for my troubles.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I watched the Warcraft movie (which I thought was pretty good overall), and it left me wanting to replay the game series, especially for a few parts that I'm thinking contradicts established game lore, such as what looks like the High Elves in the movie though I'm thinking they we not around until the third game. The first one aged in a bad way comparable to the constant walking in Diablo 1. I'm still frustrated that the second one only lets you build one unit at a time, though it's still overall a fun game (though the online fun of custom maps and competitive play is pretty much dead). The third one is still a lot of fun, though I'm pretty much having to relearn the entire genre again since I haven't played any strategy games like that in a while (and I still miss team FFA). At this point, I'd hate to see how bad I've gotten at Starcraft, because I used to have everything down so I could recall carriers, dark templars, and a few dragoons on anyone who wasn't ready for it while still being able to aid in defense. I also used to get a really good high once I'd get a higher risk stealth attack going. On a good day, I'd be adding nukes and Infested Terran to my arsenal.:D On Warcraft 3, a friend and I had a Blood Elf rush combo that could hit hard and fast enough (We'd usually take out nothing less than one main base buildings, often two as the player not getting hit would leave themselves vulnerable from trying to save their ally who won't be able to get caught up for awhile) that it put up to 25 on the 2v2 AT ladder for awhile. I need to find my actual CD keys so I can check to see if there is any online community for WC3 or not.
Unfotunately, my internet connection was usually not good enough to play Command & Conquer online. But my online play was limited to dial up for the longest time, and I could play no consoles online and my list of PC games was so limited that I've met a few people who don't believe me when I tell them I could play WoW (but there would be times the lag would be killer). And the old WoW I really miss. I'm just hoping Blizzard really considers what Nostalrious was and put up vanilla and BC servers up, because it was a completely different (and better) game back then, and clearly there's a huge group of people who want to play them, and even if Blizzard had to rebuild them from the ground up, they'd be able to make money from it just because it would be the authentic servers with everything up and running and playing smoothly (compared to most private servers anyways). I don't know if I could put the same amount of time into it, but I'd love to play a Warlock that is actually lethal again, and Hunters that can really tear up everyone on the battle field. I even miss when group manners and team play where mandated because you knew the character names on you're server and you didn't get invited if you were a known dick, and it was easier to get a group because you knew who was good and often ran it the same instance with the same person at least a few times. I don't think Blizzard realizes or cares that it's not just the game play they tweaked, but that they also killed the social aspects of the game, with resorting to inter-realm play. which is pretty much the entire point of an MMO.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just discovered that Starcraft: Nova actually was finally released (I assumed the project was dead and would never be released).

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Going old-school and playing Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for the first time, and replaying Ocarina of Time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I was playing Warframe today and I got the three plans I need to build the Nyx frame during the Mars infestation event, but I can only make the chassis as I'm not far along enough in the game yet to find neural sensors or plastids to make the helmet and system. If I play tomorrow, I think I'll try and farm argon crystals so I can make the Akzani pistols. Or hopefully the Vasto will be good enough (it has just over two hours left until it's complete) that I'll be able to have a reliable back up gun because the Lato sucks. I'll probably also get the few neurodes I need to make the Stug.
One thing for sure though, this is a pretty good game for being free, especially with the many things to do, the amount of content, and the lack of it being pay to win, and fortunately I have the patients to not be tempted by the "pay to hurry the research up." Although waiting is probably why I'm still pretty early in the game, because if I have to wait on something, like I did with the first Archwing, I turned the game off and started doing other things.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Going old-school and playing Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for the first time, and replaying Ocarina of Time.

I've been playing retro as well. Ittle scared to play too long as my old consoles are all I got with exception to my Sega genesis emulator. I made an exception with my dreamcast and played Omikron in rememberence of David Bowie's passing. That game took my breath away. Still does too.

Running old pc games like dawn of war, homeworld 1 and 2, c and c generals, mission control, arma 2 , and combat mission anthology. As you probably noticed, I love rts games. *grin*

Btw I love Spyro. That game had an amazingly therapeutic effect.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I keep meaning to try the Spyro games for many years now, pretty much since I played the demo of the first one.

My first experience with the franchise was in one of those Target demo booths back when it was still new and when Playstation was my arch-nemesis. Even then, when all things Playstation were evil and awful and there were NO good games because only bad people played Playstation games! ...I couldn't help but feel: torching sheep is FUUUUUUUN!! XD I've since been trying to get more into the games (by which I only mean the original PSX trilogy), since despite some sensitive controls and a poorly-aged camera, you're playing as a dragon! That is inherently awesome! :D

I've been playing retro as well. Ittle scared to play too long as my old consoles are all I got with exception to my Sega genesis emulator. I made an exception with my dreamcast and played Omikron in rememberence of David Bowie's passing. That game took my breath away. Still does too.

I don't think I've ever played it. May have to check it out.

BTW, don't worry too much about those old consoles. By and large, the only (important) retro console that has dubious functionality is the NES (unless the original Xbox is considered "retro" by now.) All the others were built to last. My Dreamcast that I got soon after it came out still works just fine now. (Though it has finally started yellowing. :cryingcat::()

Btw I love Spyro. That game had an amazingly therapeutic effect.

It really does. For me, it comes from the inherent appeal of torching sheep, as well as the game's very laid-back soundtrack and overall presentation. Plus the games are pretty forgiving (I don't want to say "easy", since some of those jumps can be quite challenging), since death is pretty infrequent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
BTW, don't worry too much about those old consoles. By and large, the only (important) retro console that has dubious functionality is the NES (unless the original Xbox is considered "retro" by now.) All the others were built to last. My Dreamcast that I got soon after it came out still works just fine now. (Though it has finally started yellowing. :cryingcat::()
The only real issue with the NES is the pin connectors Nintendo used aren't worth a damn (blowing didn't actually fix the problems of a game not working), and the original models that you slid the game in and pushed them down are hard on the cartridge. Since I started repairing consoles and pricing broken ones, I would have to say Sega probably did make the best consoles because you can't find that many broken ones for sale. It's nothing like the XBox 360 where you can buy stacks of 10 or more for cheap, or even the Nintendo systems that are sold on Ebay in stacks. For me, it sucks doubly because it's less to sale and my plan to acquire all the Sega consoles (I only have a Genesis) was to keep one of the ones I fix. It's a sad reflection of society though considering I can find broken PS4s and XBox 1s easier than I can anything Sega.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm playing Rocksmith 2014, and I almost have Riders of the Storm down, to the point I'm looking at my fret board way more than the screen to make sure my fingers are in the right position. It's actually a pretty easy song to play though.
What sucks though is I got the game to help boost my guitar skills, but I'm finding I get very frustrated with my low performance guitar skills and then feel much better when I plug my bass in and do well enough to top 100% on some songs that I've never played before. On guitar I suck so much that I can't even reach 100% on Dylan's Knockin' on Heaven's Door, but on but I bass I have 100%s on Judas Priest, Slayer, and I'm in the 80%s - 90%s on Muse and Rush. But on guitar I don't even 20% mastery on those songs.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I started playing Defiance, I played for a couple hours, went to bed, and woke up to find my account was banned.:confused:
Turns out they were doing some wide sweeping ban, and my name was erroneously brought up. Definitely not helping me to like a game where an enemy can take several point-blank shotgun blasts and still be alive.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The new DOOM game. Amazing game, highly recommend it.
I'm a bit scared to try it because my standards for it are so high. It would be a great disappointment that such a ground breaking and innovative game that changed the face of gaming where reduced to nothing more than pretty graphics. I want the secret rooms, and not just running into a room guns blazing but knowing how you have to go about doing it without being torn to shreds.

Spideymon77

A Smiling Empty Soul
I'm a bit scared to try it because my standards for it are so high. It would be a great disappointment that such a ground breaking and innovative game that changed the face of gaming where reduced to nothing more than pretty graphics. I want the secret rooms, and not just running into a room guns blazing but knowing how you have to go about doing it without being torn to shreds.

There are secret rooms ;). I'm almost done with the campaign, once I'm done I'm gonna go back to find the secrets and upgrade stuff that I missed.

If it helps, I know allot of people who were super hyped at the game, and they weren't disappointed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Streets of Rage (On Raspberry Pi, which is cool because the game is in its native format and looks like I'm playing it on a Genesis (Don't know what happened to mine)). I'm embarrassed though. Used to be I never struggled with the game until I fought the twins until later in the game, but this time around I've died at least once on every level, and I just reached level 4.
This game though makes me want to start an industrial band just to cover all the Streets of Rage songs, call it an album, make what money I can, and do nothing more with it except listen to the songs using instruments that aren't limited to a 16-bit system.
And, hell yes this game has aged better than wine. 25 years old and still a very fun game to play.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Metro Redux on PS4. Great shooter, scary atmosphere, truly startling at some points. I got through freaking dark souls faster, this game is HARD.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Still playing Diablo III: Reaper of souls....

Current incarnations are a barbarian trio, Season 6, hardcore mode, now at Paragon 539. :) All three can handle Torment 6 with ease and Torment 7 slowly...
Precious is the main character. Her 2nd in command is Ymir and bringing up the rear is Patience. So far, I've only taken them to Tier 34 in the Greater Rifts as one cannot push ones luck too hard in hardcore mode because if your character dies, it is gone - forever and you have to create a new character. All in all, pretty good to have them so competent, such efficient killing machines and to have never died. My sidekick has not been so fortunate this season. She has had two "setbacks" as we call them, but she is doing pretty well now.

Fortunately, I never go bored with the game, then again, I'm fairly easily amused.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Back to Torchlight. This game is much more fun to me than Diablo3.
The Torchlight games are a million times better than "Diablo" 3. Blizzard just shouldn't have continued the series with a different crew working on it, and the forgot to put in the main reason I wanted to play the third one, which was answering the question of what exactly were the consequences of Tyrael destroying the Worldstone? To me, the story of D3 is best summed up as "cheap corny ending so Blizzard can make a fourth one because they know the average player is too dumb to figure out the game mechanics of D2 and will be way too dumb to question just how lame a D4 is going to be."