• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNRWA fires 12 workers over suspected involvement in the October 7 attacks on Israel

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

From the article: {emphasis-mine}

"In one case the hostage said they were told by the captor’s daughter that he was an UNWRA teacher, fed snacks labeled and distributed by the UN agency, and eventually moved from place to place through UNWRA facilities to avoid detection as Israeli troops closed in."​

This suggests UNRWA involvement, complicity, and knowledge of the locations of the hostages beyond the 12 which are accused. To be fair, I'm not sure what can be expected from individual Gazans if they are oppossed to the kidnapping. However, I think, based on this and other details in the article posted, it's reasonable to conclude that there arre many more than 12 UNRWA personnel involved.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
With a staff of 30,000 workers I'd expect more than 12
to have Hamas connections. So why are Israel & USA
seizing upon this to end aid to Palestinians?
Are Israel's accusations even accurate? (Like the
"beheaded babies" rumor Israel promulgated.)
Israel is already attempting to forcibly "voluntarily emigrate"
Palestinians from Gaza to Africa. Massive destruction of Gaza
serves this goal. Denial of aid further serves the goal by
increasing starvation, disease, death, & diaspora.

Last edited:

libre

Skylark
The leadership? On the ground? They're an important part of the "hate-campaign".
Unless you have evidence of such to provide, I don't think that's a position that I can take seriously.
This is because of the long history of abuses, the development, encouraging, inciting of terrorism that is well documented.
Can you speak to this 'inciting terrorism' with precision? At best I think that's a harmful generalization by many interested parties who wish to frame a UN agency as a Hamas front.
To the public they are "alleged" because israel does not expose its surveilance and intelligence capabilities. It's a true axiom among security professionals: "anything you say can and will be used against you."
I understand that there are military reasons that the Israeli intelligence community wouldn't want to release information to the public. That doesn't change that these are alleged crimes, in every sense of the term alleged.

Bthoth

*banned*
Though I suspect that you're doing your best, the question is too incoherent to be defamatory.
What is defamatory is what israel is doing to Jews. Using their religious namesake and causing more damage to the good nature, name and character of Jews and Judaism, for the requirement of a stupid hill with no temple on it.

It's so sad.

Sakeenah

UNRWA funding cut is collective punishment.

I'm really amazed by how swiftly the countries that suspended the funding acted. I'm sure this show that they are capable of stopping military aid to the IDF because there are reports that find Israeli forces are committing war crimes. They could also stop any kind of funding to the Israeli government because there are officials within the government that have called for violence. Oh wait..US will continue sending an endless supply of arms because.. hypocrisy.

Sakeenah

Jan Egeland who is the secretary general of the Norwegian Refugee Council said it's the worst possible reaction to these allegations
( yes it is still being investigated). UNWRA has more than 13,000 staff members and they provide essential aid to 2.3 millions Gazans. Gazans will starve without this aid.
The logical thing to do is continue the aid and simply investigate the allegations.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Jan Egeland who is the secretary general of the Norwegian Refugee Council said it's the worst possible reaction to these allegations
( yes it is still being investigated). UNWRA has more than 13,000 staff members and they provide essential aid to 2.3 millions Gazans. Gazans will starve without this aid.
The logical thing to do is continue the aid and simply investigate the allegations.

Starvation serves Israel's goal of forced
"voluntary emigration" of surviving
Palestinians to Africa.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Unless you have evidence of such to provide, I don't think that's a position that I can take seriously.

Can you speak to this 'inciting terrorism' with precision? At best I think that's a harmful generalization by many interested parties who wish to frame a UN agency as a Hamas front.

Post#34 is a good start.

I understand that there are military reasons that the Israeli intelligence community wouldn't want to release information to the public. That doesn't change that these are alleged crimes, in every sense of the term alleged.

" ... in every sense of the term alleged."

Screenshot_20240130_054014.jpg

The military intelligence ("proof") is not being disclosed to the public. Some of the types of evidence has been provided and is in this thread. So, it is not an allegation in every sense of the word.

Bthoth

*banned*
Israelis fearing that Hamas would exterminate
them is insane paranoia.
That is agreed.
But this explains
their genocide of Palestinians.
Maybe israelis are deathly afraid of palestinian resilience. Imagine how ugly it would be if palestinians were armed as well as israelis.

Where I enjoy to throw a plug, is that the king of the hill are still Hashemite. There is no temple on that mount.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That is agreed.

Maybe israelis are deathly afraid of palestinian resilience. Imagine how ugly it would be if palestinians were armed as well as israelis.
As things stand, Israel has unlimited military
power, given that USA blindly serves them.
Eventually, the only path to peace might be
military parity as other powers become involved.
That's a poor & dangerous path to uneasy peace,
but religious fueled bigotry in both countries
doesn't appear to be waning.
Either there will be peace thru MAD, or WW3 looms.

Bthoth

*banned*
As things stand, Israel has unlimited military
power, given that USA blindly serves them.
Lousy wording.
Eventually, the only path to peace might be
military parity as other powers become involved.
NO! That is not the fix. Forcing israel to police it's own population from personal attacks on palestinians should be the first order of business.
That's a poor & dangerous path to uneasy peace,
agreed
but religious fueled bigotry in both countries
doesn't appear to be waning.
And it is snowballing on both sides.
Either there will be peace thru MAD, or WW3 looms.
Keep in mind "samson option' is real world.

Those weak minded fools will actually fire at everyone that does not support them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lousy wording.

NO! That is not the fix. Forcing israel to police it's own population from personal attacks on palestinians should be the first order of business.

agreed

And it is snowballing on both sides.

Keep in mind "samson option' is real world.

Those weak minded fools will actually fire at everyone that does not support them.
A caution to readers in this forum....
To recognize a reality,
& to predict inevitable consequences of actions
is not to advocate them.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Gazans will starve without this aid.

UNRWA is not the only agency capable of distriubting aid to Gaza. Although, naturally, they will assert their absolute necessity. As I wrote earlier, Hamas needs to be the "mother-bird" so that the innocent Gazans cannot get their sustanance from any other.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As I wrote earlier, Hamas needs to be the "mother-bird" so that the innocent Gazans cannot get their sustanance from any other.

Exactly, so they can control who gets what plus get the credit. Also, it has allowed them to sneak weapon's parts into Gaza, most of them ultimately from Iran.

Bthoth

*banned*
I am wondering what the demographics of the UNRWA workers are.

I will bet that a bunch are not just Palestinians caught within the apartheid but a number of them are Jewish by religion.