• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNRWA fires 12 workers over suspected involvement in the October 7 attacks on Israel

Shaul

Premium Member
It is worth noting that the UNRWA employs some 30,000 people according to their website, given that UNRWA is being demonized by many right now.

Let's see what the investigation finds.
It should also be noted that this isn't the only allegation being made against UNRWA. They have also been suspected of harboring Hamas within their Gaza facilities.

Bthoth

*banned*
The United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees says it has opened an investigation into some employees Israel alleges were involved in the October 7 attacks, and that it has severed ties with those staff members.

The United States has suspended its funding of the agency until the investigation is complete.

UNRWA probes employees over suspected involvement in October 7 attack
Of course, israel complains about UNRWA but never fires IDF for the cruelty to palestinians on a daily basis.

I saw the news feed this am about the allogations. And if proven, that they did have a hand in the 10/7 then file criminal charges.

I can agree with that, but the supposition that they participated is about as stupid as claiming palestine is to be israel, because a god said so.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees says it has opened an investigation into some employees Israel alleges were involved in the October 7 attacks, and that it has severed ties with those staff members.

The United States has suspended its funding of the agency until the investigation is complete.

UNRWA probes employees over suspected involvement in October 7 attack
I have a feeling that there were quite a few people who knew what was happening… question would be how far up it goes. The fact that The Hague found Israel “guilty”, for me, says it goes pretty high.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is worth noting that the UNRWA employs some 30,000 people according to their website, given that UNRWA is being demonized by many right now.

Let's see what the investigation finds.
Being an employer means hiring people you
later find out you wish you never met.
I've had a few.
- A serial killer.
- A pedophile cop.
- An embezeller.
- A drunk....actually, many drunks.
- A wife beater.
- A husband beater.

Should I be judged by them?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It should also be noted that this isn't the only allegation being made against UNRWA. They have also been suspected of harboring Hamas within their Gaza facilities.
And actually teaching and promoting terrorism.

libre

Skylark
The Hague found Israel “guilty”, for me, says it goes pretty high.
You might want to reread whatever you read about the Hague because that didn't happen.

Further, if the Hague did rule against your preconceived notions, that's a good reason to review your preconceived notions, rather than to make allegations about infiltration of the Hague.

Bthoth

*banned*
BBC news has an interesting piece on UNRWA
& Israeli accusations. Apparently Israel has a
long history of lying about such claims.
Like the "beheaded babies" claim.
I watched a portion of that feed.

I do not trust israel nor the people that speak for that apartheid.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Agreed.
Has anybody found out yet what those 7 UNRWA employees were doing exactly, to assist Hamas?
This could be yet another tasty piece of propaganda.
I notice that the UK has withdrawn aid because of this claim, and I wonder if anybody here (in UK) has any clues about what these seven actually did. If there had been any substance in this at all then I would have expected to hear all about it in detail, but.............nothing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

When I catch Israeli officials stating their country's
position, I'm struck by how bigoted, ignorant, fanatical,
& delusional it is. I can almost see the the spittle flying
as they fulminate. It's mass paranoid vengeful insanity.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
When I catch Israeli officials stating their country's
position, I'm struck by how bigoted, ignorant, fanatical,
& delusional it is. I can almost see the the spittle flying
as they fulminate. It's mass paranoid vengeful insanity.
Bias is a horrible thing, isn't it?