• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UNRWA fires 12 workers over suspected involvement in the October 7 attacks on Israel

Bthoth

*banned*
I need convincing that you are going to listen with an open mind. If you would like to do that, open a thread on it and tag me, like this: "@dybmh".

You'll know that I've been tagged successfully if my screen-name with the @ sign is a hyperlink.
OK open up the thread and I am open minded but To use the 'word games' that a language barrier exists and why I do not comprehend, is just rude.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
What will make israelis stop?

Four "Ds". The first is: Demilitarize Palestine.
"The term Four Ds refers to the four guiding principles of the allied occupation of Germany after World War II. Resulting from the Potsdam Conference in July to August 1945, they comprise: demilitarisation, denazification, decentralisation, and democratisation."​
Screenshot from 2024-02-27 05-52-22.png
So you choose violence before empathy?

No. My statement was in regard to the assertion that israel's actions to secure itself are creating more terrorists. Changing those hearts and minds of the newly converted terrorist is secondary to eliminating the threat posed by terrorists today.

Are you implying that israel has a right to control the indigenous (the locals)?

No. Securing the region creates opportunity for the indigenous people.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
@libre and others, more evidence against UNRWA employee's direct involvement has been presented to the UN.

"Video footage was also shown depicting the horrific kidnapping of Yonatan's lifeless body by Hamas terrorists at Kibbutz Be'eri, the location he had fled to from the NOVA music festival to seek safety. One of the terrorists involved in Yonatan’s death and kidnapping was later confirmed to be a UNRWA employee by a Washington Post investigation."

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
“Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation” ~ Avner Cohen

The founder of Hamas comes from a village which was surrendered to israel during the 1949 armistice agreements. The founder of Hamas lies about his village being "stolen".

The Palestinian lies are what created Hamas.

Ebionite

No. My statement was in regard to the assertion that israel's actions to secure itself are creating more terrorists. Changing those hearts and minds of the newly converted terrorist is secondary to eliminating the threat posed by terrorists today.
So how do propose to eliminate the threat of the Likudniks? Likud originated from a coalition involving Herut, which continued the ideology of Irgun. Menachem Begin's Irgun was responsible for acts of terrorism like the bombing of the King David hotel. One of Likud's leaders was Yitzhak Shamir (of Lehi/Stern Gang infamy).

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The founder of Hamas comes from a village which was surrendered to israel during the 1949 armistice agreements. The founder of Hamas lies about his village being "stolen".

The Palestinian lies are what created Hamas.
With respect, what - to you - would count as "stealing" land? Would Israel have been required to sneak in through an open window, put the land in a big bag and then leave without the owner's permission?

Or do you think perhaps that the surrender of land - at the threat of overwhelming military force and without the willing consent of the people who, until then, owned and lived on that land and had done for generations - can, from certain perspectives, fairly be considered land that was taken without consent?

And, if it is Al-Jura you're referring to, it definitely doesn't sound like it was surrendered willingly by those who lived there:

"At the end of November 1948, Coastal Plain District troops carried out sweeps of the villages around and to the south of Majdal. Al-Jura was one of the villages named in the orders to the IDF battalions and engineers platoon, that the villagers were to be expelled to Gaza, and the IDF troops were "to prevent their return by destroying their villages". The path leading to the village was to be mined. The IDF troops were ordered to carry out the operation "with determination, accuracy and energy".[20] The operation took place on 30 November. The troops found "not a living soul" in Al-Jura. However, the destruction of the villages was not completed immediately due to the dampness of the houses and the insufficient amount of explosives.[21]"
SOURCE: Al-Jura - Wikipedia

I mean, if that's the standard we're going by, I could hold you at gun point, demand your wallet, and walk away with it Scot-free. After-all, you surrendered your wallet to me, so no theft - indeed, no crime - has occurred. Correct?

To be fair, I'm not saying it isn't an oversimplification to call it "stolen", but I also don't think it's fair to characterise that sentiment as a "lie".

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
IDF appears to be utilizing an SLA framework for inter-agency accountability which is being used to produce the documentation requested by the ICJ. The SLA includes collecting metrics, daily status reports, a daily meeting where stakeholders present "issues" to the managing agency. The issues are triaged and assigned a Service Level, usually 0-5. The aid distribution issue to northern Gaza seems to have rec'd level 1 priority, which is a 1 day response.

As expected, the aid distribution to Northern Gaza has been included on the daily status reports as an ongoing issue of concern coming from the IDF.

Last night 21 trucks of aid were delivered by WFP to northern Gaza. Now that UNRWA has been removed from the aid distribution team, aid is consistently flowing to the area.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
What reason would Avner Cohen have to lie about the origins of Hamas?

I didn't say that he did. Please bring the quote from a source which includes the paragraph prior and the paragraph following if you would like to discuss it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
With respect, what - to you - would count as "stealing" land? Would Israel have been required to sneak in through an open window, put the land in a big bag and then leave without the owner's permission?

Or do you think perhaps that the surrender of land - at the threat of overwhelming military force and without the willing consent of the people who, until then, owned and lived on that land and had done for generations - can, from certain perspectives, fairly be considered land that was taken without consent?

Stealing would be:
  1. I inquire and offer to purchase my neighbor's house.
  2. My neighbor signs a sales contract, accepts the money, and transfers the deed into my name.
  3. I take possession of the house.
  4. After a few weeks, my neighbor gathers a posse and starts a war with me to drive me from "their" land.
  5. If my neighbor succeeds in driving my off "their" land, they have stolen it. They sold it; then stole it back.

That is what the Palestinians did to the jewish immigrants who legally purchased Palestinian land.

What you've described above: "... surrender of land - at the threat of overwhelming military force ... " is skipping several important details. The threat of overwhelming military force is a consequence of Palestinian statements threatening to push all the Jewish people into the sea and Palestinian actions confirming that they intend to follow through on those statements if they are given the opportunity.

This ^^ is more than a declaration of war it is literally starting a war with the intention of stealing land which was legally purchased and killing the ones who legally purchased it. The Palestinians sold their land, took the money, and attempted to kill the purchaser and take back "their" land.

When a nation does this, there are 3 and only 3 courses of action: Kill them all, convince them to change their attitude, create a buffer zone between the hostile nation and the Jewish immigrants. The later is what happened. First there was a war. The Palestinian's lost the war. The Palestinian leaders negotiated a peace treaty ( armistice ). Had they continued to fight they would have been completely wiped out. The armistice included creating a buffer zone. Some Palestinian villages were depopulated with the consent of Palestinian leadership.

The Palestinians were/are too proud to teach the accurate series of events which produced their "nakbah". It's humiliating. Instead they lie / lied about it. Now there have been 1-2 generations of children raised believing a false version of history.

To be fair, I'm not saying it isn't an oversimplification to call it "stolen", but I also don't think it's fair to characterize that sentiment as a "lie".

The post to which I was replying was 1 sentence. My reply was equally short.

The reason I am calling it a lie ( intentional disinformation ) is because the Palestinian propaganda which is taught to the children include the demonizing of the evil jew-zionist who offers to purchase their land. ( reference available on request ) This shows the Palestinians, specifically Hamas, knows that the jewish people purchased the land legally. The founder of Hamas very likely knows this fact, but, lied about it to anyone who would listen.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Stealing would be:
Not going to engage with your propaganda and revisionist history. By the time of the war and military occupation of Mandatory Palestine in 1948, less than 7% of the land was actually legally purchased by Jewish settlers. You are engaging in a lie, and in propaganda.

"In its Village Statistics, 4/ the Mandatory Power estimates the total area of land owned by Jews in 1945 to be 1,491,699 dunams, compared with about 13 million dunams owned by Arabs in Palestine. This disparity with respect to the ownership of land persisted until the country was partitioned in 1947, and it provided arguments for the Members of the United Nations Organization that were opposed to the partition plan.5/ One of the features of the partition plan for Palestine was that the Arab populations in both states envisaged in the plan should own and enjoy most of the land (see Annex I); the role played by land in the formation of the State is no secret. This disparity between the Arab and Jewish populations with respect to land ownership disappeared after the military operations of 1948, when land and whole villages belonging to Palestinian Arabs fell into the hands of the State of Israel and its inhabitants."
Source:

Yeeeah, totally sounds like these lands were "legally purchased".

I also find it very telling that you completely ignored this part of my earlier post:

And, if it is Al-Jura you're referring to, it definitely doesn't sound like it was surrendered willingly by those who lived there:

"At the end of November 1948, Coastal Plain District troops carried out sweeps of the villages around and to the south of Majdal. Al-Jura was one of the villages named in the orders to the IDF battalions and engineers platoon, that the villagers were to be expelled to Gaza, and the IDF troops were "to prevent their return by destroying their villages". The path leading to the village was to be mined. The IDF troops were ordered to carry out the operation "with determination, accuracy and energy".[20] The operation took place on 30 November. The troops found "not a living soul" in Al-Jura. However, the destruction of the villages was not completed immediately due to the dampness of the houses and the insufficient amount of explosives.[21]"
SOURCE: Al-Jura - Wikipedia

I mean, if that's the standard we're going by, I could hold you at gun point, demand your wallet, and walk away with it Scot-free. After-all, you surrendered your wallet to me, so no theft - indeed, no crime - has occurred. Correct?

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Not going to engage with your propaganda and revisionist history.

What I wrote is absolutely true. It only sounds like a revision because you're starting with the false Palestinian story instead of history books.

Yeeeah, totally sounds like these lands were "legally purchased".

You posted a link to it. It's not difficult to find.

That's because you omitted too many details prior to 1948.

You've ignored who started the war. You've ignored the armistice agreements of 1949.

The point you seem to be trying to make is that if the individual Palestinian does not themself surrender their land, then the surrender of the land by the Palestinian government and leaders is invalid.

I did not sign the US constitution, but, I am still required to follow its directives. I still need to pay taxes even though I did vote in favor of their appropriation.

However, I tried to address the big picture. See below.

Palestinian propaganda which is taught to the children include the demonizing of the evil jew-zionist who offers to purchase their land. ( reference available on request ) This shows the Palestinians, specifically Hamas, knows that the jewish people purchased the land legally. The founder of Hamas very likely knows this fact, but, lied about it to anyone who would listen.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
If Cohen had no reason to lie and he was in a position to know about the early relationship between the state of Israel and Hamas, then why shouldn't his statement be taken on face value?

Let's read the whole statement in context. Do you have a source for the quote?