• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Then I was Guided

mojtaba

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم​

An autobiographical account of Sayed Tijani's search for knowledge, which aims to remove some of the barriers that exist between the schools of thought of the ahl-as-Sunnah and the shi'a by clearing misconceptions about Shi'ism.

He was firstly a Wahhabi Sunni and then became a Sufi. Eventually, after Sayed Tijani became familiar with a Shia Muslim, he found that there are very lies agains Shia in his mind. Afetr researching more about Shia Islam, he chose the School of Ahlul Bayt of his Prophet and became a Shia.

This book is his journey....

For reading online: Then I was Guided
PDF: Then I was Guided

mojtaba

My book is a modest piece of work. It is a story of a journey ... a story of a new discovery, not a technical or natural discovery, but one in the field of religious and philosophical schools. Since any discovery is based primarily on a healthy mind and clear comprehension, which distinguishes human beings from all other creatures, I would like to dedicate this book to every healthy mind.

A mind which puts truth to the test and knows it from wrong, a mind which weighs all that has been said in the scale of justice, and always comes out in favor of reason.

A mind which compares words and sayings, and has the ability to distinguish between the logical and the not so logical, and between the strong and the feeble. Allah, the Most High, said,
“Those who listen to the saying and follow the best of it, those are guided by and they are the mindful.”

To all of those I dedicate this book, hoping that Allah, Praise be to Him the Most High, opens our minds before our eyes, to guide us, to enlighten our hearts, to show us clearly the right way so we follow it, and to show us clearly the wrong way so we avoid it, and accepts us with His good servants, for He listens and He answers.

Muhammad al Tijani al Samawi

zahra67

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم​

An autobiographical account of Sayed Tijani's search for knowledge, which aims to remove some of the barriers that exist between the schools of thought of the ahl-as-Sunnah and the shi'a by clearing misconceptions about Shi'ism.

He was firstly a Wahhabi Sunni and then became a Sufi. Eventually, after Sayed Tijani became familiar with a Shia Muslim, he found that there are very lies agains Shia in his mind. Afetr researching more about Shia Islam, he chose the School of Ahlul Bayt of his Prophet and became a Shia.

This book is his journey....

For reading online: Then I was Guided
PDF: Then I was Guided
salam.
thanks extremely for sharing it.
i have this book in english, but do you have its farsi translation to send it for me?
jazakum allah

mojtaba

So u mean he was disbeliever first?
No brother.
According to Hadiths from our Imams, we believe that anyone who testifies two Shahadatayn, i.e., 'Ashhadoo Al La 'Ilaha 'Illallah wa Muhammadur Rasulullah( I testify that, 1.there is no god but Allah and 2.Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ) is a Muslim.

Based on the Hadiths of our infallible Imams, we even believe that those Sunnis who have good deeds, will go to Paradise, if they do not have any hate against Ahlul Bayt, and also do not believe in Imamah only because the evidences have not been clarified completely for them.

Waffaqakallah dear brother.

Last edited:

Servant_of_the_One1

No brother.
According to Hadiths from our Imams, we believe that anyone who testifies two Shahadatayn, i.e., 'Ashhadoo Al La 'Ilaha 'Illallah wa Muhammadur Rasulullah( I testify that, 1.there is no god but Allah and 2.Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ) is a Muslim.

Based on the Hadiths of our infallible Imams, we even believe that those Sunnis who have good deeds, will go to Paradise, if they do not have any hate against Ahlul Bayt, and also do not believe in Imamah only because the evidences have not been clarified completely for them.

Waffaqakallah dear brother.

So u believe person who disbelieves in imamat is muslim?

I know imamat is stronger than prophethood and messengership according to shia beliefs. In sunni islam the person who disbelieves in prophethood is kaafir

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

So - as a none Muslim - I have a very obvious question here...

MojBaba;
Based on the Hadiths of our infallible Imams,.................

My rather obvious question would have to be - IF these Imams are TRULY INFALLABLE - then how come theres so many DIFFERENT schools of thought..?...If they are TRULY infallable- then how come there is so much DIVISION and VARIATION..???

Surely - IF your god IS speaking directly - and IF those Imams are IN|FALLABLE as the claim says - then there could not possible even be this confusion or divison at all.....either the god is NOT speaking to the Imam directly as claimed - or the Imam himself is at fault and so there is the confusion still....WHICH is truth..?...The way it is presented here,is logically impossible - if the god is authentic and speaking direclly as claimed, and if the Imam is truly infallabe messenger OF that god as claimed - then these divisions should never even exist.

Surely you can see that..??....

A mind which puts truth to the test and knows it from wrong, a mind which weighs all that has been said in the scale of justice, and always comes out in favor of reason.

Says it all really doesnt it..?..Apply such a mind here and Im sure you will see what I mean...

mojtaba

Hi Folks...

So - as a none Muslim - I have a very obvious question here...
Hi.
Dear PeteC-UK, welcome to Shia DIR.
MojBaba;

My rather obvious question would have to be - IF these Imams are TRULY INFALLABLE - then how come theres so many DIFFERENT schools of thought..?...If they are TRULY infallable- then how come there is so much DIVISION and VARIATION..???

Surely - IF your god IS speaking directly - and IF those Imams are IN|FALLABLE as the claim says - then there could not possible even be this confusion or divison at all.....either the god is NOT speaking to the Imam directly as claimed - or the Imam himself is at fault and so there is the confusion still....WHICH is truth..?...The way it is presented here,is logically impossible - if the god is authentic and speaking direclly as claimed, and if the Imam is truly infallabe messenger OF that god as claimed - then these divisions should never even exist.
I think there is a misunderstanding from the term 'Imam'.

You think that what do I mean from the term 'Imam'? Do you think that I mean the Islamic scholars?

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

MojBaba; To my personal - none Muslim understanding - I would say an Imam is a DIVINELY INSPIRED "spokesman"...Would you understand..?? Without that DIVINE source - he is just a "scholar" learned man who speaks about scripture..

Surely an Imam SHOULD be, like APPOINTED by your God..?...DIRECTLY speaking TO God - or Angels..??..How else can he guide the people in GODS WILL unless he is knowing Gods will DIRECTLY...And if he is NOT knowing GODS will, then actually, what he is teaching is HIS OWN TRUTH and not Gods at all....Would you see..?..

An AUTHENTIC IMAM would absolutely NEED to be directly contacted by the Divine....

And so - IF God is legitimately contacting all these AUTHENTIC Imams -then how come the variation and difference..??..

mojtaba

So u believe person who disbelieves in imamat is muslim?
By Allah 'Yes'.

1.Abi Basir narrated,

Abi Ja'far[i.e., Imam Bagbir-a.s.-] say,
"Whoever thinks that they[i.e., Sunnis] are not Muslim, has lied".
(Source, Al-Kafi, V2, P25)

2.Sofiyan ibn As-Semt narrated,

'A man asked from Aba abdillah(a.s.)[i.e., Imam Sadiq] about Al-Islam[i.e., Islam] and Al-Iman[i.e., faith] ... . Then Imam(a.s.) answered," Islam is the apearance that people are upon it, [that is] testifying that there is no god but Allah; He is union; there is not any partner for Him, and [believing in] the doing of Salah, and payig of Zakah, and Hajj, and fasting of the month of Ramadhan, So, this is Islam".
(Source, Al-Kafi, V2, P24)
-----------------------------------
Sunnis Could Go to Paradise

1.There is a Hadith from Imam Sadiq(a.s.) on Al-Kafi in which Imam(a.s.) says that those who die while do not have an Imam, and are not awar of Wilayah and leadership of 12 infallible Imams[i.e., the truth of Imamah has not been made apparent to them ], and do not hate Ahlul Bayt[i.e., Lady Fatima and 12 Imams], will go to paradise, if their good deeds are more than bad ones.(See, Al-Kafi, V3, P247).

2.Muhammad ibn Al-Fuzayl narrated from Imam Sadiq(a.s.) and he from his forefathers(a.s.), from Imam Ali(a.s.) who has said the following,
" Indeed, Paradise has 8 gates... our Shi'its and lovers will go to Paradise, through the 5 gates, and through the one of those 8 gates, other Muslims those who testify that there is no god but Allah, and do not have any hate from us, i.e. Ahlul Bayt, in thier hearts, will go to Paradise. "
(Source, Bihar Al-Anwar, V69, P159)

I know imamat is stronger than prophethood and messengership according to shia beliefs. In sunni islam the person who disbelieves in prophethood is kaafir
According to Quran, Prophet Ibrahim(a.s.) after his Prophethood and Messengership and after some trials, was chosen for Imamat by Allah. So Imamat is greater than Prophethood and Messengership.

Quran, 2:124
And when his Lord tested Abraham with certain words, and he fulfilled them. He said, 'Indeed, I make you an Imam for the people.'

But it should be said that according to our beliefs, because Prophet Muhammad(sawaws) was both an Apostle and Imam, so he(sawaws) is greater than 12 Imamas of Ahlul Bayt(a.s.) and is the best of the creatures.

Anyways, according to authentic Hadiths of our 12 Imams mentioned previously[ two first Hadiths in this post ], those who reject Imamat of Ahlul Bayt, because of either ignorance or obstinacy, are not Kafir and are Muslim, i.e. they are pure, their blood is Haram, their Ghibat(الغيبة) is Haram, their Zabihah is Halal, marriage with them is Halal, etc.

Waffaqakallah brother.

Last edited:

Servant_of_the_One1

By Allah 'Yes'.

1.Abi Basir narrated,

Abi Ja'far[i.e., Imam Bagbir-a.s.-] say,
"Whoever thinks that they[i.e., Sunnis] are not Muslim, has lied".
(Source, Al-Kafi, V2, P25)

2.Sofiyan ibn As-Semt narrated,

'A man asked from Aba abdillah(a.s.)[i.e., Imam Sadiq] about Al-Islam[i.e., Islam] and Al-Iman[i.e., faith] ... . Then Imam(a.s.) answered," Islam is the apearance that people are upon it, [that is] testifying that there is no god but Allah; He is union; there is not any partner for Him, and [believing in] the doing of Salah, and payig of Zakah, and Hajj, and fasting of the month of Ramadhan, So, this is Islam".
(Source, Al-Kafi, V2, P24)
-----------------------------------
Sunnis Could Go to Paradise

1.There is a Hadith from Imam Sadiq(a.s.) on Al-Kafi in which Imam(a.s.) says that those who die while do not have an Imam, and are not awar of Wilayah and leadership of 12 infallible Imams[i.e., the truth of Imamah has not been made apparent to them ], and do not hate Ahlul Bayt[i.e., Lady Fatima and 12 Imams], will go to paradise, if their good deeds are more than bad ones.(See, Al-Kafi, V3, P247).

2.Muhammad ibn Al-Fuzayl narrated from Imam Sadiq(a.s.) and he from his forefathers(a.s.), from Imam Ali(a.s.) who has said the following,
" Indeed, Paradise has 8 gates... our Shi'its and lovers will go to Paradise, through the 5 gates, and through the one of those 8 gates, other Muslims those who testify that there is no god but Allah, and do not have any hate from us, i.e. Ahlul Bayt, in thier hearts, will go to Paradise. "
(Source, Bihar Al-Anwar, V69, P159)

According to Quran, Prophet Ibrahim(a.s.) after his Prophethood and Messengership and after some trials, was chosen for Imamat by Allah. So Imamat is greater than Prophethood and Messengership.

Quran, 2:124
And when his Lord tested Abraham with certain words, and he fulfilled them. He said, 'Indeed, I make you an Imam for the people.'

But it should be said that according to our beliefs, because Prophet Muhammad(sawaws) was both an Apostle and Imam, so he(sawaws) is greater than 12 Imamas of Ahlul Bayt(a.s.) and is the best of the creatures.

Anyways, according to authentic Hadiths of our 12 Imams mentioned previously[ two first Hadiths in this post ], those who reject Imamat of Ahlul Bayt, because of either ignorance or obstinacy, are not Kafir and are Muslim, i.e. they are pure, their blood is Haram, their Ghibat(الغيبة) is Haram, their Zabihah is Halal, marriage with them is Halal, etc.

Waffaqakallah brother.

So u mean those who know about eid ghadeer( but disbelieve in it) and they know that shias believe in imamat but disbelieve themselves in imamat, such sunnis are kuffar?

mojtaba

So u mean those who know about eid ghadeer( but disbelieve in it) and they know that shias believe in imamat but disbelieve themselves in imamat, such sunnis are kuffar?
No. They are Muslim.
I said in my previous post,
'According to authentic Hadiths of our 12 Imams mentioned previously[ two first Hadiths in this post ], those who reject Imamat of Ahlul Bayt, because of either their ignorance or obstinacy, are not Kafir and are Muslim.'

mojtaba

Hi Folks...

MojBaba; To my personal - none Muslim understanding - I would say an Imam is a DIVINELY INSPIRED "spokesman"...Would you understand..?? Without that DIVINE source - he is just a "scholar" learned man who speaks about scripture..

Surely an Imam SHOULD be, like APPOINTED by your God..?...DIRECTLY speaking TO God - or Angels..??..How else can he guide the people in GODS WILL unless he is knowing Gods will DIRECTLY...And if he is NOT knowing GODS will, then actually, what he is teaching is HIS OWN TRUTH and not Gods at all....Would you see..?..

An AUTHENTIC IMAM would absolutely NEED to be directly contacted by the Divine....

And so - IF God is legitimately contacting all these AUTHENTIC Imams -then how come the variation and difference..??..
According to the many Hadiths in both Shia and Sunni authentic books, there would be 12 Imams and Successors after Prophet Muhammad from his Ahlul Byt.

The ff verse represents for you our belief about an Imam,
And We[i.e., Allah] appointed from among them Imams guiding[ people ] by Our command, when they endured patiently, and had sure faith in Our signs.(32:24)

But regarding your question, I can bring for you the following verse of Holy Quran,

They did not divide [into sects] except after the knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves.(42:14)

So, Prophets and Imams were infallible, but their followers were not. Some of the followers didn't accept the truth which their Prophet or Imam said to them and made a new sect for themselves.
Indeed, following the Satanic temptations results in creating new innovations and sects in the religion.

Imam Ali(a.s.) said,
The basis of the occurrence of evils are those desires which are acted upon and the orders that are innovated.
(Nahjul Balaqa, Sermon 50)

So, Imams are infallible, but the rejection of the orders of Prophets or Imams, and making new ones, which is indeed the following of desires and temptations, results in making new sects.

But, the differences in some religious issues which are not fundamental and so wide, are ineed the different interpretation of divine text by non-infallible scholars that we as Shia, usually do not call them Imam.

Good luck!

Last edited:

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

MojBaba; Yes I can follow that - thanks...So - my personal understanding is pretty accurate then - Imams ARE a DIRECT spokesman of the God - APPOINTED DIRECTLY by Allah, and then giving the people the COMMANDS of Allah - as the verse above states..

But the confusion and contradiction still persists - and indeed, you have just proved and agreed my point for me here - look, you say :

They did not divide [into sects] except after the knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves.(42:14

So - the situation is then that Allah gave SAME commands and guidance to the FIRST 12 Imams - and then after this knowledge had settled among the people they DIVIDED into sects...Well - so what..?...

The IMAMS are ones leading the people and through THEIR teaching the nation is divided...surely you see that..?..A simple question then still remains unanswered here - HOW COME there is ANY division at all IF the Imams are INFALLABLE and receiving command DIRECTLY..??..

It doesnt really matter HOW the PEOPLE react or believe - you may wish to place the BLAME on the people as a whole, but obviously that blame is misplaced - it is the IMAMS that gave them that belief in the first place - and it is here the IMAMS that FIRST DIVIDED the people, given contrary conflicting scriptures - even though they are ALL supposed to be APPOINTED directly and hearing the same command DIRECTLY - yet they then go off and report these commands DIFFERENTLY - give THEIR OWN version of "truth" to the people and it is THIS leading BY the Imams and the differences THEY present as "truth" that CAUSED the fracture in beliefs...OBVIOUS, as the Imam is the ONLY person who is claiming DIRECT COMMUNION with God - and yet each and every VERSION of that SAME communion (supposedly) turns out to be a DIFFERNT truth -sometimes quite radically different....

Everything you have said so far - only bares out my own point...Either a) Allah gave DIFFERENT command to each Imam and so intended to pit Muslim against Muslim and divide the factions - or b) the Imams themselves are NOT SPEAKING TO GOD, and making it up based on their own personal beliefs, passing that bogus truth to the people as "gods law"...

Logic is always our best ally - and here we see clearly -logically - there is a glaring discrepancy....Either Allah is playing you off one sect against the other on purpose giving contrary scripture to its Imams - or the Imams themselves are failing badly and dividing the people by their own self serving "truths"....But in no logical case can there be a situation where ALL Imams are Divinely inspired from the ONE Source and yet ALL Imams differ greatly in the teaching they give...Inescapable fact here - either the God gives contrary teachings - or the Imams are NOT the INFALLABLE spokesman OF that God as claimed....Simple really when we look at it without the religious bias...

Last edited:

mojtaba

But the confusion and contradiction still persists - and indeed, you have just proved and agreed my point for me here - look, you say :

So - the situation is then that Allah gave SAME commands and guidance to the FIRST 12 Imams - and then after this knowledge had settled among the people they DIVIDED into sects...Well - so what..?...

The IMAMS are ones leading the people and through THEIR teaching the nation is divided...surely you see that..?..A simple question then still remains unanswered here - HOW COME there is ANY division at all IF the Imams are INFALLABLE and receiving command DIRECTLY..??..

It doesnt really matter HOW the PEOPLE react or believe - you may wish to place the BLAME on the people as a whole, but obviously that blame is misplaced - it is the IMAMS that gave them that belief in the first place - and it is here the IMAMS that FIRST DIVIDED the people, given contrary conflicting scriptures - even though they are ALL supposed to be APPOINTED directly and hearing the same command DIRECTLY - yet they then go off and report these commands DIFFERENTLY - give THEIR OWN version of "truth" to the people and it is THIS leading BY the Imams and the differences THEY present as "truth" that CAUSED the fracture in beliefs...OBVIOUS, as the Imam is the ONLY person who is claiming DIRECT COMMUNION with God - and yet each and every VERSION of that SAME communion (supposedly) turns out to be a DIFFERNT truth -sometimes quite radically different....

Everything you have said so far - only bares out my own point...Either a) Allah gave DIFFERENT command to each Imam and so intended to pit Muslim against Muslim and divide the factions - or b) the Imams themselves are NOT SPEAKING TO GOD, and making it up based on their own personal beliefs, passing that bogus truth to the people as "gods law"...

Logic is always our best ally - and here we see clearly -logically - there is a glaring discrepancy....Either Allah is playing you off one sect against the other on purpose giving contrary scripture to its Imams - or the Imams themselves are failing badly and dividing the people by their own self serving "truths"....But in no logical case can there be a situation where ALL Imams are Divinely inspired from the ONE Source and yet ALL Imams differ greatly in the teaching they give...Inescapable fact here - either the God gives contrary teachings - or the Imams are NOT the INFALLABLE spokesman OF that God as claimed....Simple really when we look at it without the religious bias...
My dear Christian friend, I did not mean from my saying what you understood from it.

I said that the guide of all 12 Imams is a union guide. It is narrated from Imams that, their knowledge is unique and doesn't differ from each other.(علمنا واحد). But those who didn't follow their Imams, and instead followed their satanic desires, made new sects by making new innovations in the religion. These sect-makers then deceived some ignorant peoples and attracted them to their misdirections.
The most important reason of the satanic doing of such these sect-makers is the love of fame. They like to become famous and to have some followers. These persons made sects, not Imams.

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

MojBaba;
But those who didn't follow their Imams, and instead followed their satanic desires, made new sects by making new innovations in the religion. These sect-makers then deceived some ignorant peoples and attracted them to their misdirections.

Ah my friend, you too are missing my point :)

The IMAMS are LEADING the people..And are INFALLABLE you say - CANNOT FAIL - and yet they DO FAIL to lead the people and so society divided...

Now look - ALL PEOPLE are under the same "satanic influences", yes..?.. But only Imams get direct communion with God and know HIS WILL..And it is the Imams purpose to guide them AWAY from all that evil stuff and LEAD them in your Gods Will - yes..?..

See then - they HAVE failed - they influence some but totally failed others who you say are now become "satan influenced"...You may wish to blame these others for leading society astray, but that was ONLY POSSIBLE at all, because your Imam FAILED first to persuade them of your Gods authority..Therefore, the Imam is NOT INFALLABLE at all - and following that logic, it means that means your God CHOSE THE WRONG GUYS to lead his people as those so chosen Imams FAIL to influence all the people - and that means - sorry but it seems to be truth - the God itself cannot be "infallable " either, as it just showed us IT MAKES MISTAKES in the choosing of its chief spokesman.....

Either God or Imam - or both - MUST be flawed and I cant see any way around that.....

mojtaba

Hi Folks..

MojBaba;

Ah my friend, you too are missing my point :)

The IMAMS are LEADING the people..And are INFALLABLE you say - CANNOT FAIL - and yet they DO FAIL to lead the people and so society divided...

Now look - ALL PEOPLE are under the same "satanic influences", yes..?.. But only Imams get direct communion with God and know HIS WILL..And it is the Imams purpose to guide them AWAY from all that evil stuff and LEAD them in your Gods Will - yes..?..

See then - they HAVE failed - they influence some but totally failed others who you say are now become "satan influenced"...You may wish to blame these others for leading society astray, but that was ONLY POSSIBLE at all, because your Imam FAILED first to persuade them of your Gods authority..Therefore, the Imam is NOT INFALLABLE at all - and following that logic, it means that means your God CHOSE THE WRONG GUYS to lead his people as those so chosen Imams FAIL to influence all the people - and that means - sorry but it seems to be truth - the God itself cannot be "infallable " either, as it just showed us IT MAKES MISTAKES in the choosing of its chief spokesman.....

Either God or Imam - or both - MUST be flawed and I cant see any way around that.....
Hi.
Dear friend, please keep in mind that your posts are off-topic and also are debating.

Your mistake is this that you think that Allah, a Prophet or an Imam, must guide the others by force. Indeed, this is not a logical thinking, because what you said, is not guiding, rather is forcing.

Allah can guide all the people by force, but He has willed that people themselves choose their way, so that He rewards them according to their deeds.

Allah says,
(76:3)
'Indeed We have guided him/her[i.e., human] to the way, [ so that, he/she is free to ] be grateful or ungrateful.'

(5:48)
Had Allah wished, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [His purposes required] that He should test you in respect to what He has given you.

Last edited:

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Mojbaba;
Your mistake is this that you think that Allah, a Prophet or an Imam, must guide the others by force.

No let me explain my friend - well - in way I guess the God DOES guide by "force" kind of - as the god dictates what mortals can be,and what they are supposed to do and believe and the mortal has no choice in that, so it is kind of forced upon us... All religions place their God as supreme unquestioned Sovereign and allow their God to have that domination....

But NO, not at all, for Imams or Priests - not force EVER..what we are saying is that an Imam has LEGITIMATE truth DIRECT form God, so THAT cant be error, and the Imam is then to TEACH the people this truth - and you say the Imam is INFALLABLE in this task - he can NOT fail, it is IMPOSSIBLE, for him to fail..That is what you said and that is what infallable means..

I understand FREE WILL - really I do - I promote it here all the time encourage to think for ourselves..But look free will is not the problem here., the Imam has ACTUALLY failed - he didnt TEACH EVERYONE THE SAME - only some understood,and some turned away or altered the truth...So yes, the Imam failed and those others didnt hear Allahs truth...See..?....its not the people with their free will to blame - its the Imam who failed in his duty to deliver the Gods message...

if the Imam was REALLY infallable, then he would have PERSUADED them despite their own free will - do you see..?...And if he is infallable then HE COULD NOT FAIL and EVERYONE would have been so persuaded, no doubters or disbelievers at all..

And look,we know already - they must have failed - becasue round in a circle - the society is divided in its truths....Im only stating logical truths here, not looking for anything except to make you think..

mojtaba

Hi Folks..

Mojbaba;

No let me explain my friend - well - in way I guess the God DOES guide by "force" kind of - as the god dictates what mortals can be,and what they are supposed to do and believe and the mortal has no choice in that, so it is kind of forced upon us... All religions place their God as supreme unquestioned Sovereign and allow their God to have that domination....
Hi.
I do not know what do you mean!

But NO, not at all, for Imams or Priests - not force EVER..what we are saying is that an Imam has LEGITIMATE truth DIRECT form God, so THAT cant be error, and the Imam is then to TEACH the people this truth - and you say the Imam is INFALLABLE in this task - he can NOT fail, it is IMPOSSIBLE, for him to fail..That is what you said and that is what infallable means..

I understand FREE WILL - really I do - I promote it here all the time encourage to think for ourselves..But look free will is not the problem here., the Imam has ACTUALLY failed - he didnt TEACH EVERYONE THE SAME - only some understood,and some turned away or altered the truth...So yes, the Imam failed and those others didnt hear Allahs truth...See..?....its not the people with their free will to blame - its the Imam who failed in his duty to deliver the Gods message...

if the Imam was REALLY infallable, then he would have PERSUADED them despite their own free will - do you see..?...And if he is infallable then HE COULD NOT FAIL and EVERYONE would have been so persuaded, no doubters or disbelievers at all..

And look,we know already - they must have failed - becasue round in a circle - the society is divided in its truths....Im only stating logical truths here, not looking for anything except to make you think..
Logic; What is according to the traditions of Imams, the inner Messenger of God in humans.
-----------------------
I think that Prophets and Imams did their duty in the best manner. So, all the people understood the truth. But after that the truth was illustrated for people by Prophets or Imams, because they were free to accept the truth or reject it, some of them accepted the truth, and others, even after clarification, rejected it. I do not know, why you do not consider the free will of the people, what lets them choose the illustrated truth or reject it.

For example, a person says to another one not to do a bad doing and he/she persuades him/her logically, but when the truth is illustrated for him/her, he/she is now free to act according to what has been clarified for him/her, or not. Indeed, He/She is now persuaded logically, but in the same time, he/she is free to act according to the logic or not.

Prophets or Imams did the first level, i.e., clarification of the matter logically, and indeed, their duty was only to clarify the truth for others. But their duty was not to force the people to do according to what has been clarified for them.

Good luck!