• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pagan, Buddhist, and Hindu Thread

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I see the question of free will or lack thereof as more complicated than the above analogy would suffice to address, but that's a topic for a different thread.
Hey, I've just got up, that's as good as it gets!
(I did edit my post #376 - volition means "the power or faculty of choosing; the will" ).

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, if one believes in Karma, then free-will is a part of all Indic religions.
But Hinduism does not make belief in Karma essential. For some it is 'Que sera sera'.
Buddha talks of a Hindu teacher in Samannaphala Sutta, Makkhali Gośāla who said that our actions do not make any difference to how things exist. His sect was known as 'Ajativada' or 'Niyativada'.

Last edited:

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I've always wanted to sit behind the steering wheel of a car, but I can't fit. The steering column is always in the way.

Ever heard of wireless columnless wheels? They are steering wheels that connect to the vehicle digitally. You can be seated literally anywhere—and facing any direction—in the vehicle if you digitally connect the columnless wheel to it. If you get one, you can get rid of the columned wheel, connect the columnless wheel, and sit in the small space where the column was. The wheel comes with a USB-C cable to charge it when necessary, so be sure to bring your laptop with you when you drive.

Bear Wild

Yes i am also believing
Those two faiths are not in truth
They have many false practices
yes they are in pagan system
In modern discussion these are three different religions. Buddhists do not consider themselves pagan. Most people who do refer to themselves as pagan are referring to the pre-Christian European traditions. That said Hinduism and European pagan traditions share Indo-European roots. As for truth all three are steeped in truth. As pagan there is no greater truth than the source of truth our ancestors recognized. So what you are saying in your post is the only thing that is false!!!!