• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight Pride

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Wow, this thread really has gone full Social Justice Warrior, huh?
I don't see how anyone could be triggered by the fact that one can be proud of his/her traits!

Anyways, clearly I'm not progressive enough--should I make a tumblr account to compensate?
But there is no heroism in your proclamation. You're part of the majority. I don't mean just 'a' majority. I mean the most populous group on the planet. Proclaiming pride that you're heterosexual(and not even a taboo kink, just boring white-bread stuff) is like proclaiming pride for not having peanut butter allergies or not being anemic or not being mentally challenged(though I'll admit that people who proclaim 'straight pride' make me wonder..).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is heroism necessary to have pride?
Not really. But it requires more than being a part of them norm and walking side-by-side with the Herd.
And of course putting pride in nothing more than simply being is silly and wasted pride. It's like being proud to be an American, even though being an American is just a thing that happens, just the same as being German, Indonesian, or Japanese.
If any homosexuals-or heterosexuals-are proud just for being, it is a misplaced and unhealthy pride, the type that leads to arrogance and a bitter and hard fall.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For the record, I'm OK with.....
- Majority pride
- Minority pride
- National pride
- Gender pride
- Undeserved pride
- Gold & silver medal pride.....but not bronze
- Straight pride
- Gay pride
- Trans pride
- TV watching pride

Take your pride where you find it.

Aquitaine

vAR9uFb.jpg

I'm a proud, heterosexual male.
What about you?
Please tell me more about the discrimination you've faced in society due to your heterosexuality. . . . .

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
I too dream of the day when men and women will be allowed to marry and adopt children and all the rest. Some day this could be a good thing. But you have to take these things slow; if you push for radical change, it will just make the normal population nervous and ultimately lead to a pushback. Being so showy about it, putting copulating men and women in movies and parades and talk shows just makes normal people feel like you're forcing them to change. Maybe keep the straight romances on a separate cable channel, rather than networks and prime time? You may like to park your car in her garage, but you don't have to ram it down my throat. I don't like to think about heaving bosoms and other lady bits, so kindly stop putting them in ads for "guy things", they just don't belong there. I should be able to read a gorram car magazine without being bombarded by straight propaganda.

And look what has happened to society because you challenged all the moral rules at once! Men raping women, women having children out of wedlock or aborting, children abandoned to the foster care system by the thousands, and not finding a new home because you straights have like a 60% divorce rate and can't even keep your own families together much less anyone else's. A boy learns how to be a man by watching the men in his life, girls from mothers. How can they pick up the things they need to know if they constantly have a parent of the opposite sex in the house, confusing them with the thoughts and behaviors of the other gender? I've heard that having adult woman in the house can lead to a young man harboring an Oedipus Complex leading to lifelong sexual alienation and confusion, and some studies suggest this might be what leads to heterosexual thoughts in the first place! Ick! The Straight movement needs to slow down and stop asking for so much at once. Maybe consider a "civil partnership" that, while it imitates the gay model of marriage symbolically, doesn't carry the same sort of legal rights and is less threatening to people who aren't comfortable with straight sex.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
As a proud straight guy who fights straight erasure & straight bashing, I'm organizing a straight pride parade.
Join up!
th

What would be really funny is this being a Gay Pride parade contingent.
"LOOK AT US! WE'RE GAY!
AND WE STILL MANAGED TO FULFILL OUR DREAMS OF BECOMING FACELESS CORPORATE DRONES WITH BIG MORTGAGES AND USED BEEMERS!"
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What would be really funny is this being a Gay Pride parade contingent.
"LOOK AT US! WE'RE GAY!
AND WE STILL MANAGED TO FULFILL OUR DREAMS OF BECOMING FACELESS CORPORATE DRONES WITH BIG MORTGAGES AND USED BEEMERS!"
Tom
This could very well be.
We straights have infiltrated gay pride parades.
Guess who is who....
a5c789d7b8b07e11130f6a70670019b5.jpg_10734467.jpg

I recommend combined pride parkades.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nope. But it makes the pride a little more, you know, palatable. Because otherwise it's just dick-waving. There needs to be a chance someone will cut it off or what not, else I'm just going to wish for them to be repeatedly ran over.
Aren't there other kinds of waving too?
(Don't wanna leave out the females.)