• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight Pride

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
vAR9uFb.jpg

I'm a proud, heterosexual male.
What about you?

Curious George

Veteran Member
vAR9uFb.jpg

I'm a proud, heterosexual male.
What about you?
I am happy being a heterosexual. So happy that I would not try to shame someone for being homosexual and thus necessitate the need for "gay pride." But, beyond that, I see no purpose in finding pride in that which I cannot control.

Do you feel there is shame in heterosexuality that necessitates the need to have a pride movement?

gsa

I'm gay and quite happy you are content being heterosexual. Most of my best friends and family are part of the straight pride movement. Thankfully, they don't interpret that as hostility to gays and homosexuality. Like most gays, they aren't keen on parades; they just enjoy living, and being, free.

Jumi

Coming out of the closet as a heterosexual was easy, actually most expected it to happen. There was no societal shame associated with it nor was there pressure against being who I was in that sense.

For depression it was different and here's what people who are lucky to have complete normalcy usually lack experience in. The support was minimal, people kept blaming me for faking it("you're not really depressed if you don't x"), being a betrayer of nation for daring to be that way and many things I don't care to mention. I lost friends by admitting I was depressed. When I got back on my feet, no one noticed except those close to me. I'm proud yes, proud that I got out what was considered shameful. I still usually don't talk about it face-to-face, because you know what kind of **** you'll hear about yourself. Here I've admitted it once, to help someone so it's known. There is no escape. It's out of the bag. I'm proud.

Ask yourself questions. Maybe you will know why heterosexual "pride" is not needed. Have you ever experienced being ostracized?

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
I see no purpose in finding pride in that which I cannot control.

I do and, clearly, so do others--and I'm happy for all those people!
I'm also patriotic--not that I was able to control where I was born.

Do you feel there is shame in heterosexuality that necessitates the need to have a pride movement?

No, but it's a warm feeling that I just have to share with the world! Who could possibly be triggered by this?

How did your parents take it? Hope they were supportive.

I will be able to pass down the family genes so, yes--they were awfully supportive!

Maybe you will know why heterosexual "pride" is not needed. Have you ever experienced being ostracized?

Why do you have to feel ostracized in order to take pride in something? Who made you the creator of definitions?

Anyone who uses the phrase "straight pride" (other than in an ironic sort of sense) really doesn't get what the problem was

I'm proud to be heterosexual, though. Who the f*ck mentioned homosexuality?

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
I'm proud to be heterosexual, though.
Why?
I'm attracted to women, too, but it's not something I even understand why it would engender pride at all.

Who the f*ck mentioned homosexuality?
Not me. But that's a rather disingenuous comment to make as there is zero chance you'd have posted a "straight pride" thread if there hadn't been such a high-profile recent "gay pride"

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I hope you use a condom, I've heard there's this major overpopulation crisis.
ha ha ha :p

No but really that is true. I'm not laughing now. :cool:

But I actually do have secret fears that the whole world except for me will become gay. I will be lost and confused, not knowing what to do. Where will I find a job? Where will I shower?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why do you have to feel ostracized in order to take pride in something?
You apparently do not understand the point behind GLBT pride. It isn't that we are pride just because we are, it's pride in that we don't let society dictate how we will live, who we will be, or force us to be stuck in a closet. The pride isn't because you are homosexual, bisexual, or somewhere underneath the transgender umbrella, it comes from knowing there will be problems, from knowing others will disapprove, sometimes families disown us and some friends abandon us, we know we can expect discrimination, but we do it any ways.