• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists say...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I still can't see why you don't question those that have God AND a total belief in scientific theory here about these things -- who knows? maybe it would help you to believe in God. :) Or do you, but maybe just not the Bible? There are quite a few here who believe in unseen somethings maybe not the Bible, maybe yes, and science also. Talk to them about these things.
If you can't produce evidence in the form of information from the science basis you're speaking of and don't want to discuss it, hey, have a good day, please. Bye for now...
Remember though--sediment can be moved by flowing lava. :) So don't worry about that.
Why would I need to? Belief in God should not change one's acceptance of reality. I can produce the evidence, but that would be pointless since you refuse to learn what is and what is not evidence and why. I cannot force a person to be honest. But if someone has demonstrated that they cannot be honest when it comes to the sciences then there is no point in providing them with evidence.

Can you be honest? Could you be honest enough to accept evidence even if it showed that there was no God?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Why would I need to? Belief in God should not change one's acceptance of reality. I can produce the evidence, but that would be pointless since you refuse to learn what is and what is not evidence and why.
In other words, you do not want to. Because you see no purpose to it. OK. I understand although I do not agree with that. But it's ok.
I cannot force a person to be honest. But if someone has demonstrated that they cannot be honest when it comes to the sciences then there is no point in providing them with evidence.
If you can show evidence for something scientific for which you say God is not necessary or something like that, I'm willing to look. Would it show you that it means there is no God? (oh well, go ahead and meet your claims if you will.)

YoursTrue

Why would I need to? Belief in God should not change one's acceptance of reality. I can produce the evidence, but that would be pointless since you refuse to learn what is and what is not evidence and why. I cannot force a person to be honest. But if someone has demonstrated that they cannot be honest when it comes to the sciences then there is no point in providing them with evidence.

Can you be honest? Could you be honest enough to accept evidence even if it showed that there was no God?
Now let me tell you something because I think in a way you are looking for something. I'm going to tell you that it makes sense to me the conflict someone brought to my attention recently about Moses, Pharaoh, and making like Moses God to Pharaoh. Very, very interesting. Can I explain it all? Nope, I cannot.

YoursTrue

It floors me that you can be in this forum for so long, and have this explained to you so many times, and yet still somehow imagine that that is the case.

I'm starting to get disgusted by your unwillingness to listen, and learn what others think. It's not just this discussion, your refusal to listen to others contaminates ALL your conversations.
I see. To be honest with you in return, I'm disgusted with the expressed belief of some who belong to a religion (ANY religion) yet say it's all a myth. Have a nice day. Thank you so much for expressing yourself and the unwillingness of yourself and some others to clearly expose your beliefs "scientificallyi." :)

Pogo

In other words, you do not want to. Because you see no purpose to it. OK. I understand although I do not agree with that. But it's ok.

If you can show evidence for something scientific for which you say God is not necessary or something like that, I'm willing to look. Would it show you that it means there is no God? (oh well, go ahead and meet your claims if you will.)
It is impossible to disprove an omnipotent god such as you seem to fall back on whenever something does not comport with your preconceptions.
Heck it is impossible to disprove that Thor is responsible for lightning, It is not necessity or disproof, it is just acceptance of the consistency of the scientific theories around lightning or what have you.

Pogo

I see. To be honest with you in return, I'm disgusted with the expressed belief of some who belong to a religion (ANY religion) yet say it's all a myth. Have a nice day. Thank you so much for expressing yourself and the unwillingness of yourself and some others to clearly expose your beliefs "scientificallyi." :)
Poe’s Law is named after Nathan Poe, an agnostic user on the message board Christian Forums who posted in 2005: “POES LAW: Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is uttrerly [sic] impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone wont mistake for the genuine article.” In a thread debating creationism, Poe wrote this in response to a comment: “Good thing you included the winky. Otherwise people might think you are serious.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

No, it is not about want. It is that there is no rational reason to believe. If they want to make an argument for their God they are free to do so. I am not going to pester them since they are not harming anyone.
How can you do that when you do not even understand the concept of evidence?

YoursTrue

No, it is not about want. It is that there is no rational reason to believe. If they want to make an argument for their God they are free to do so. I am not going to pester them since they are not harming anyone.

LOL, yeah -- have a good day!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now let me tell you something because I think in a way you are looking for something. I'm going to tell you that it makes sense to me the conflict someone brought to my attention recently about Moses, Pharaoh, and making like Moses God to Pharaoh. Very, very interesting. Can I explain it all? Nope, I cannot.
You could not answer my question. That tells me quite a bit. I am always looking for answers. But part of looking is learning what is not an answer.

YoursTrue

You cannot make demands if you refuse to learn the very basics that you need to understand the answers. It is incredibly hypocritical to do that.
I'm not making demands -- I'm asking you to show what you're talking about. But you're not. If that's making demands, lol, ok.

YoursTrue

As far as harming others, all you have to do is look at the protests in the U.S. and the war going on in the middle east.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Poe’s Law is named after Nathan Poe, an agnostic user on the message board Christian Forums who posted in 2005: “POES LAW: Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is uttrerly [sic] impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone wont mistake for the genuine article.” In a thread debating creationism, Poe wrote this in response to a comment: “Good thing you included the winky. Otherwise people might think you are serious.
Nathan Poe is a legend

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Scientists say...

Aren't the Scientists ordinary errant people, please?
Regards

"Scientists say..."

"Gibson's Law - popular in American PR circles - states that for every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert."

Martin Robbins
Tue 6 Mar 2012 13.15 GMT

Last edited: