• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists actually do know everything about the universe.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You still cling to 'lesser' and 'greater', not understanding that they are one and the same.

If I do not exist, then there is no such 'your' reality; there is only Reality itself, which your theology does not fit. You want to make Reality conform to your conceptual model, instead of the other way around. I bet you don't even know why you want things this way, do you? I do. Any ideas?
and in the same instant I put forth an idea.......you will make denial....
it's not real
none of this is real
I'm not real
you're not real

and one of us needs a shrink

godnotgod

Thou art That
and in the same instant I put forth an idea.......you will make denial....
it's not real
none of this is real
I'm not real
you're not real

and one of us needs a shrink

Thief-ee-poo, we've been round and round on this for over a century now, and you were never able to answer the question:

'Who, or what, is this 'I' that 'puts forth ideas'?

'You'* are caught in the state of Identification, and can't see the forest for the trees.

*Before 'you' go for the jugular on this one, know that 'I' am using 'I' and 'you' in the conventional sense.

'I' is a self-created principle; an idea; a notion; a willow the wisp. It doesn't exist!

jonathan180iq

Flat compared to what??

We can only determine the shape of something when we can see the whole of it and compare it to other things...

Pretending that the Universe has any shape at all is complete gibberish until we have been outside of it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief-ee-poo, we've been round and round on this for over a century now, and you were never able to answer the question:

'Who, or what, is this 'I' that 'puts forth ideas'?

'You'* are caught in the state of Identification, and can't see the forest for the trees.

*Before 'you' go for the jugular on this one, know that 'I' am using 'I' and 'you' in the conventional sense.

'I' is a self-created principle; an idea; a notion; a willow the wisp. It doesn't exist!
"I" am not my own handiwork
"I" will likely stand before God and heaven trying to make excuses for the little things I've done

you say I cannot see the forest for the trees?.....
for 'you' the forest is an illusion.

'you' can't win any discussion until 'you' confess your.....'self'

godnotgod

Thou art That
"I" am not my own handiwork
"I" will likely stand before God and heaven trying to make excuses for the little things I've done

you say I cannot see the forest for the trees?.....
for 'you' the forest is an illusion.

'you' can't win any discussion until 'you' confess your.....'self'

Answer the question: 'who' or 'what' is 'I'? Do you even understand the question?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
A closed universe of finite size has no edge. It's rather like living on a racetrack or being embedded in the surface of a sphere: you go far enough and you'll return to your starting point.

I don't think so. The Big Bang still happened at a finite point in the past.

Or it didn't. just something else you cant prove, the list is growing

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
When it comes to death scientists know little...
Indeed, when it comes to everything, scientists know little!

The difference is that they admit it, not like religious types who cling to their woo beliefs so tightly and are more concerned with comfort than truth.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
The difference is that they admit it, not like religious types who cling to their woo beliefs so tightly and are more concerned with comfort than truth.

Looking Horizontally; I mean widely speaking, you may be right, however there many believers who base their belief on reason..

godnotgod

Thou art That
It depends on proof, unlike religion which depends on wishful thinking.

That may refer to religious doctrine and belief, but religious practice can be the pathway to the spiritual experience, which cannot be proven via Logic, Reason, or Analysis, as it is beyond all of them.

The proof that you were dreaming is the experience of awakening.