• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science can say nothing about existence of God

idav

Being
Premium Member
The One-True-God has been defined in the truthful religion like this:

[59:23] He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Knower of the unseen and the seen. He is the Gracious, the Merciful.
[59:24] He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace, the Bestower of Security, the Protector, the Mighty, the Subduer, the Exalted. Holy is Allah far above that which they associate with Him.
[59:25] He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

As one could see the above are absolute attributes of One-True-God; and are neither physical/material nor spirits.

He has created everything physical/material and spirits; but He himself is none of them.

Regards

How is it that god isn't even made of anything, not even spirit? Makes no sense. He fashioned creation but who fashioned the creator? God is made of something no, god made himself?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Science requires the exploration of falsifiable claims. The existence of God is not a falsifiable claim. Therefore science can say nothing about it.

Not exactly accurate. Ultimately science can't say anything about the vague term "god", but it can certainly say a lot about claims made about this "god". For instance, we can test a lot of claims made about Yahweh, like whether prayer "works".

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
The One-True-God has been defined in the truthful religion like this:

[59:23] He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Knower of the unseen and the seen. He is the Gracious, the Merciful.
[59:24] He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace, the Bestower of Security, the Protector, the Mighty, the Subduer, the Exalted. Holy is Allah far above that which they associate with Him.
[59:25] He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

As one could see the above are absolute attributes of One-True-God; and are neither physical/material nor spirits.

He has created everything physical/material and spirits; but He himself is none of them.

Regards
If he has created something, he has interacted with something. If he has interacted with something, there is possibility of discovering him.

Your god is no longer detached as soon as you tie him to something physical.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
sure, i understand the Quranic claim.

You described God of what its NOT. Can you describe God of what IT IS?

Is God not part of "everything"?

I give the verses again:

[59:25] He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise

The One-True-God has introduced with the name Allah- which stands for all the beautiful attributes He has; some of which have been mentioned and underlined by me.

He is not a thing; He is the Being who has all the good attributes.

Please read the verses again.

Regards

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
In other words, you are labeling the sum of all "good" traits "God".

Of course science can say nothing about that. You haven't actually claimed anything.

Maldini

Science requires the exploration of falsifiable claims. The existence of God is not a falsifiable claim. Therefore science can say nothing about it.

It also can't say a damn thing about flying spaghetti monster, yet I don't see any astronaut taking plates and forks with themselves to space.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The One-True-God exists only , outside the dimensions, we could perceive or test.
He has bestowed existence to others as per His plans and others would cease to exist as per His plans.

Regards

What a nice little safety net you have created for yourself.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Anything that has measurable effects on physical reality can be potentially falsified. If God is not a falsifiable claim, then God is irrelevant.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Anything that has measurable effects on physical reality can be potentially falsified. If God is not a falsifiable claim, then God is irrelevant.

I would be extremely careful in implying that something that is not falsifiable is not relevant. Nearly all of our day to day experiences are functionally non-falsifiable, as are substantial portions of our worldviews, which are philosophical, not empirical. Furthermore, the soft sciences, arts, and humanities all hinge upon the non-falsifiable and I'm very hard-pressed to call any of those irrelevant as well.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I would be extremely careful in implying that something that is not falsifiable is not relevant. Nearly all of our day to day experiences are functionally non-falsifiable, as are substantial portions of our worldviews, which are philosophical, not empirical. Furthermore, the soft sciences, arts, and humanities all hinge upon the non-falsifiable and I'm very hard-pressed to call any of those irrelevant as well.

Philosophy and aesthetic judgements aren't alternatives to falsifiability; they're applied to falsifiable things... even in the arts and humanities. For instance, we don't try to judge the artistic merit of a painting that some people believe exists but nobody has any evidence for.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
The One-True-God exists only , outside the dimensions, we could perceive or test.
He has bestowed existence to others as per His plans and others would cease to exist as per His plans.

Regards

Ah, well that's simple.
Then I absolutely do not believe in your god.
A god that can't be falsified, or shown, that doesn't interact with the world, yet still created everything without interacting with it?
And cares about what I think and do, even though it had no interaction at all with this world?
Let me guess, it USED to interact in some way, but doesn't anymore?
I'll pass, thanks.

Gordian Knot

Being Deviant IS My Art.
Good question! Here's another one. Is there a religion that has but one God? Christianity has God. Jesus, the Son of God, who is also God. Then there is the Holy Spirit - God as well.

Many Christians venerate the Virgin Mary, pray to her for miracles, worship her. She seems to be a Christian God, except no one is allowed to say that. Yet if one looks at how she is worshipped she has all the criteria of being a God. If this were any other religion, she would be considered a God.

That Christians worship one God is pure malarky. There is obviously a pantheon, which they cover up with double talk so that all these separate beings are still one in the same being. Seems to me to be nothing more than playing with words.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Good question! Here's another one. Is there a religion that has but one God? Christianity has God. Jesus, the Son of God, who is also God. Then there is the Holy Spirit - God as well.

Many Christians venerate the Virgin Mary, pray to her for miracles, worship her. She seems to be a Christian God, except no one is allowed to say that. Yet if one looks at how she is worshipped she has all the criteria of being a God. If this were any other religion, she would be considered a God.

That Christians worship one God is pure malarky. There is obviously a pantheon, which they cover up with double talk so that all these separate beings are still one in the same being. Seems to me to be nothing more than playing with words.

Not all Christians believe in the trinity in this way, though. Nor do all Christians revere or even have saints. Its hard to argue with your assessment of those that do, however. If it looks like a duck and smells as sweet... or something along those lines.

Naturally, that is up to each Christian to decide in their own way.

The Adept

The absence of any evidence of a God speaks volumes.

'...pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist' - HP Lovecraft.

'...the most preposterous and unjustified of all the guesses which can be made about the universe'
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/316486-all-i-say-is-that-i-think-it-is-damned

Maldini

But science can have and has had an opinion about everything that exists out there. If it can't talk about something at all, it's simply because it's in people's head, and not out there.