• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'No Such Thing' As Facts Anymore

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's an illusion, not a fact, that you can see my typed words. They don't last long in a world that's meant to be destroyed and deleted.

Actually I agree with you. But I have determined that within this realm of existence that we find ourselves in, there are what I call "concrete illusions". This is where you find the natural and physical laws that rule our everyday lives (gravity, oxygen, Big Macs, etc.); these laws remain constant to give us enough order to explore the disorder. These, IMHO, are the 'facts' that many speak of. The very, very few of us are able to transcend the illusion to discover our real selves. Good luck.

GodsVoice

Actually I agree with you. But I have determined that within this realm of existence that we find ourselves in, there are what I call "concrete illusions". This is where you find the natural and physical laws that rule our everyday lives (gravity, oxygen, Big Macs, etc.); these laws remain constant to give us enough order to explore the disorder. These, IMHO, are the 'facts' that many speak of. The very, very few of us are able to transcend the illusion to discover our real selves. Good luck.

We won't need gravity, oxygen or Big Macs in the next part of the program. So all those things you think are facts are nothing but false images and illusions. There's no such thing as time, space and matter in our created existence but as we observe the visible illusions and become aware of all our other senses that are picking up invisible frequences, we will be experiencing all sorts of make believe worlds. We won't be calling things "facts" in those worlds.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...

Written by David Byrne, Chris Frantz, Tina Weymouth, Jerry Harrison, Brian Eno