• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'No Such Thing' As Facts Anymore

Parchment

Dark arts and Russians were certainly involved, they hacked the vote and seduced a nation!
HA HA HA HA HA HA!

GodsVoice

Trump Surrogate's Jaw-Dropping Claim: 'No Such Thing' As Facts Anymore <-- Link
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/scottie-nell-hughes-there-are-no-more-facts

Is that a fact? Is it a fact that there are no such things as facts?

Can a society function in a fact-free environment? Can a government govern without facts? Do we care about facts anymore? And if not, how does this work?

A "fact" means a common belief between two or more people about an object or idea they experience with their SUBJECTIVE created senses. So the "fact" that the earth is warming up as a whole is "believed" by many people. Some people do "not believe" the whole earth is warming up. Then there are a few of us who know what's going to happen to the earth very soon.

Parchment

No, I haven't. But I can see how our nation's finest village idiots might think I have.
I haven't seen any Harry Potter world claims of "dark Arts" usages from this side of the aisle, that takes the cake of idiocy! Trump Valdemort! They used the same dark imagery in Europe to explain the rise of the right, WTF were they thinking?
In 2015, The Dark Forces Of The Internet Became A Counterculture - BuzzFeed News
Dark forces
Communist Party of Ireland
aArAmgZ_700b.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA! [SPOILER/]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a fact? Is it a fact that there are no such things as facts?

Can a society function in a fact-free environment? Can a government govern without facts? Do we care about facts anymore? And if not, how does this work?

I'm not so sure about how much society has ever cared for facts. We like to think they matter to us, but we prefer feelings and emotions.

Modern society just makes this more visible, but it's always been the case.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
A "fact" means a common belief between two or more people about an object or idea they experience with their SUBJECTIVE created senses.
Is that a fact? If two or more people believe that is not a fact (with their subjective created senses) does that mean it is a fact that this is not a fact?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
given that donny and his minions are agents of darkness spreading filth and miasma, that statement is not surprising at all. But just like one has to pull a bow taught in order to have the arrow fly far, there will be a regime change in 2 or 4 years or perhaps in a different timetable if donny starts murdering people like his puppet master putin does or like his buddy in the Philippine is doing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just don't believe that a politician holding or aspiring to a high office would lie to me.
It's never happened before.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
A "fact" means a common belief between two or more people about an object or idea they experience with their SUBJECTIVE created senses. So the "fact" that the earth is warming up as a whole is "believed" by many people. Some people do "not believe" the whole earth is warming up. Then there are a few of us who know what's going to happen to the earth very soon.

This is not a "fact". A fact is something that can be proven no matter how you "feel" about it or how many people believe or disbelieve it's existence. What you have described about the earth warming up (globally) is not a fact; it is speculation that borders on myth.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Those who don't know what a fact is...another group of people who should not be deciding the fate of our, or anyone's, nation.

GodsVoice

This is not a "fact". A fact is something that can be proven no matter how you "feel" about it or how many people believe or disbelieve it's existence. What you have described about the earth warming up (globally) is not a fact; it is speculation that borders on myth.

A fact is just a common BELIEF between two or more observers. It is NOT a fact that the Big Bang occurred. It is a theory that is BELIEVED by some people.

When an accident is witnessed by many people from different points of view, the police question each observer to try get enough SUBJECTIVE evidence to make a report that a judge and jury have to decide on. None of these observers have all the facts as they observe an accident.

In other words, there isn't any observable OBJECTIVE evidence that can be gathered from the created senses of man. It's all an illusion.

GodsVoice

Is that a fact? If two or more people believe that is not a fact (with their subjective created senses) does that mean it is a fact that this is not a fact?

The word "fact" comes from subjective evidence with a man's created senses that are flawed because a man cannot experience an object from all points of view. It is not a "fact" that the earth is a planet in the shape of a globe because it can never be observed by an observer from all points of view at once. It is only "believed" that the earth is a planet that's shaped like a globe because of shared experiences with our subjective created senses. The truth is that the earth isn't real at all. It's only an illusion formed in the minds of men.

GodsVoice

Those who don't know what a fact is...another group of people who should not be deciding the fate of our, or anyone's, nation.

There's no such thing is a real object in the simulation program we're involved in. Physicists have proven that with quantum mechanics.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
A fact is just a common BELIEF between two or more observers. It is NOT a fact that the Big Bang occurred. It is a theory that is BELIEVED by some people.

When an accident is witnessed by many people from different points of view, the police question each observer to try get enough SUBJECTIVE evidence to make a report that a judge and jury have to decide on. None of these observers have all the facts as they observe an accident.

In other words, there isn't any observable OBJECTIVE evidence that can be gathered from the created senses of man. It's all an illusion.

I understand what you're trying to say, but in your example the only "fact" is that an accident occurred.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
So all the data that suggest otherwise is what?

GodsVoice

I understand what you're trying to say, but in your example the only "fact" is that an accident occurred.

That's only what the observers think happened in their minds. What if that observer who thinks he saw the accident tells his subjective experience of that accident to someone else ten years later? Is that someone else going to believe the accident as a "fact"?