• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims, Do you consider Zarathustra as a Prophet?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've come across some Muslim sites, blogs, etc. that state they believe that Zarathustra was a prophet sent by Allah. Here, for instance, "(a.s.)" succeeds the Prophet's name, indicating that the blogger here thinks of him as an Islamic prophet:
http://themuslimtimes.info/?attachment_id=121314

I don't particularly like the idea that Islam considers Zarathustra one of its Prophets, but each to his own.

Also, not just aimed at Muslims: Folks of other religions with prophets; do you believe in Zarathustra?

:)

Kirran

Premium Member
I believe in the existence of Zarathustra :)

As for Muslims thinking he's a Prophet, I reckon this view'll be more common among Ahmadis, just from the views I've observed expressed a handful of times.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Muslims, Do you consider Zarathustra as a Prophet?

One may like it or not like it, we Ahmadiyya Muslims believe Zoroaster/Zarathustra as prophet of G-d like Buddha was a prophet of G-d.
We also consider Cyrus the Great as a prophet of G-d, a subordinate prophet to Zoroaster as was David a subordinate prophet to Moses.

Regards

Kirran

Premium Member
I suppose I agree, rather bizarrely. I do think all great religious teachers are ultimately addressing the same Truth, if differently, and even if their understandings differed in some details in some cases. I don't know about Cyrus the Great though.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I've come across some Muslim sites, blogs, etc. that state they believe that Zarathustra was a prophet sent by Allah. Here, for instance, "(a.s.)" succeeds the Prophet's name, indicating that the blogger here thinks of him as an Islamic prophet:

I don't particularly like the idea that Islam considers Zarathustra one of its Prophets, but each to his own.

Also, not just aimed at Muslims: Folks of other religions with prophets; do you believe in Zarathustra?

Depend :
When this "prophet" publish his message ?

Was his message match with islam teaching ?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
His message came in about 3,500 years ago, if not longer ago. It is very hard to determine but a conservative estimate is about 1,500 years before Christ.

No, none of his teachings were noticeably Islamic.
Since his teachings is not Islamic , I personaly I could not accept him as Muslim prophet.

But he could be God prophet but his message was edited, by his followers.

Last edited:

serp777

I suppose I agree, rather bizarrely. I do think all great religious teachers are ultimately addressing the same Truth, if differently, and even if their understandings differed in some details in some cases. I don't know about Cyrus the Great though.
If their understanding, ideologies, morality, and beliefs are for the most part incompatible or mutually exclusive then in what sense are they addressing the same truth? Unless by truth you mean the truth where humans try to make religions to control people and make money. I mean is Elron hubbard addressing the same truth?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
One may like it or not like it, we Ahmadiyya Muslims believe Zoroaster/Zarathustra as prophet of G-d like Buddha was a prophet of G-d.
We also consider Cyrus the Great as a prophet of G-d, a subordinate prophet to Zoroaster as was David a subordinate prophet to Moses.
Regards

Do you even know what the Buddha taught? Because he makes it pretty clear that worshipping God is not actually necessary to achieve enlightenment.

Useless2015

No.

Useless2015

If their understanding, ideologies, morality, and beliefs are for the most part incompatible or mutually exclusive then in what sense are they addressing the same truth? Unless by truth you mean the truth where humans try to make religions to control people and make money. I mean is Elron hubbard addressing the same truth?
Not all religions are making money.

Useless2015

Since his teachings is not Islamic , I personaly I could not accept him as Muslim prophet.

But he could be God prophet but his message was edited, by his followers.

No no. This 'prophet' is an old legend in Persia. He claims God is having a fight with Satan and God needs us humans( he created) to assist Him. Nothing to do with Islaam.

serp777

Do you need religion to achieve power and control?
No, but it helps tremendously. For example, the power of theocracies, the power of people like Elron Hubbard, the power of scientology, and of course the fact that you need to be a Christian pretty much to be elected as president in the United States.