• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Creation with AI

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
A new song :D

This time I tried to mix House with Trance and have to admit that I almost gave up, it seems like one of the genres (assume it is the house) just wants to go 200mph while the Trance wants to go slow. But after a lot of cutting, I think it turned out extremely well to be honest. And actually got a bit worried in the end, because I think you kind of feel like some monster charging at you. If anyone cares to listen to it, let me know if you can spot what I talk about.

This is so much fun, really enjoy it and actually think this one is pretty damn solid, I like it at least. :D

Nice!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
After fooling around a bit more with Udio, I managed to create a whole song and decided to go all electropop thingy on this one, the singer kind of reminds me of Pet shop boys, it has this weird sound to it :D

Saw a video about how you can make it keep the beats between extensions. But it did become a bit difficult to keep track of in the end because the program doesn't really work well at that range due to the UI it uses. But I actually think the quality is even better than Suno, it sounds a bit more clear, or maybe its just the song, don't know.
Based on not much, Udio seems more accurate in the understanding of the prompts.

Udio | Reflections by Secret Chief | AI Music Generator - Official Website

Udio | Done by Secret Chief | AI Music Generator - Official Website

Last edited:

Nimos

I ran out of points with Suno, so can't test that :)

But having used Udio more now, you do have a lot of control. It is much like when generating images, you can direct the AI to do certain things using tags, but exactly which works and whether it gets it right has a bit of randomness to it. Also, you generate only 30 seconds at the time, so in the last song I posted which is 5.10 I think, there are a lot of generations going into it, especially because of the genres I tried to mix I think.

Using tags like [Solo], [Interlude] etc. will help guide the AI to do what you want it to.
Also, the echoes etc. can be made using (). Something like .... house (house-house-house). So there are a lot of things you can do to influence the AI, but still, you have to potentially generate a lot and then choose those bits you want and cut away those you do not.

But something that could make it much better was if you could split the music from the vocals. Because sometimes the music is very cool, but the vocals are not. In the last song as well, I had issues getting her to sing in the same soft tone, because maybe the AI think that now it is time to focus more on the House genre. But can't see why the tools for manipulating songs wouldn't improve, because to me at least, it seems easier to manipulate music than an image without it completely ruining the song.

I think you can also use tags in Suno in the lyrics, but again ran out of credits. But I think Udios extend functionality offers more control than Suno does.

Nimos

Here is another one :)

This time I tried to create a song that I could imagine would be in a Disney movie. Think it turned out pretty ok, except for some minor issues with the lyrics which I didn't notice before after completing it.

Also created a movie poster for it for fun :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, thanks to artificial intelligence technologies, I will probably be able to create any version of the sound of a voice or music. But can this really replace a real work of musical art and a person’s creative talent? )))) That's another question))
I doubt music generated by ai will make it sound like you want it to make it sound.

It's why I like music generated composition using copyright free rifts with the license to sell your compositions.

Nimos

Just trying to mix some different genres, which I think is quite fun. Not even sure what type of music this is probably some kind of musical, symphony theatrical kind of thing :D

Nimos

I doubt music generated by ai will make it sound like you want it to make it sound.
Agree, there is a lot of chance involved and also sometimes you just have to accept something, even though you think it would sound better another way.

Once the quality gets good enough I think musicians with the right tools and knowledge have a huge advantage over the average person like me, who knows nothing about music or how to produce it and therefore solely rely on the AI spitting out something kind of like I wanted.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Agree, there is a lot of chance involved and also sometimes you just have to accept something, even though you think it would sound better another way.

Once the quality gets good enough I think musicians with the right tools and knowledge have a huge advantage over the average person like me, who knows nothing about music or how to produce it and therefore solely rely on the AI spitting out something kind of like I wanted.
I'm just making some banging bhangra!

Nimos

I hate generative AI
I can understand why some would hate it for what it is, because they see it as a threat or because they feel that there is too little human involvement in it compared to what they would like. But to me, it sort of feels like someone making an argument that you shouldn't use a calculator because that is too easy.

But on the other hand, I also think that a lot of modern music sounds exceptionally bad and ripped of all natural sounds anyway. I happened to see the Eurovision 2024 the other day and my God!! had to mute some of the songs. Obviously, this type of music isn't to my taste, but honestly, I didn't think any of them sounded even remotely good and still these are made by actual musicians and professional producers.

At some point, I think one has to ask oneself what is most important, music you care to listen to or whether it was created by a human or not? And this is how music is, people have very different tastes in regards to what they like listening to and not.

Nimos

Just some more AI fun :)

Think the image took longer to create than the song, but all in all pretty happy with it.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
This thread is called "music creation with AI"

AI does not create

It copies and mimics

Everything it does is derivative

It spews out soulless inhuman trash that is based on real things

I can't stand generative AI

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
This thread is called "music creation with AI"

AI does not create

It copies and mimics

Everything it does is derivative

It spews out soulless inhuman trash that is based on real things

I can't stand generative AI
I'm loving the inhuman trash I'm creating! Certainly better than the **** peddled on Eurovision. :rolleyes:
Each to their own.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I'm loving the inhuman trash I'm creating! Certainly better than the **** peddled on Eurovision. :rolleyes:
Each to their own.
I haven't even seen what you have made I don't want to infect my brain

At least the music on Eurovision is the work of sentient beings

It is fun because it's so crappy, crappiness is a funny part of the human condition

AI stuff is fake

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I haven't even seen what you have made I don't want to infect my brain

At least the music on Eurovision is the work of sentient beings

It is fun because it's so crappy, crappiness is a funny part of the human condition

AI stuff is fake
Then I prefer fake over crap. :)

One cannot tell if a human has utilised AI or not.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Then I prefer fake over crap. :)

One cannot tell if a human has utilised AI or not.
When I consume art a big part of it for me is the human feeling

AI art either does not do this or outright fakes it

I want art, not derivative AI ****e

It's empty, I don't like it one bit

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
That Chest I & II are a bit to hardcore for me, or at least it would require a singer. Im not too good with instrumental music unless it is something like this (very stoney :D):

I do like some heavy rock though.

I tried Udio, but for some reason, it feels more random than Suno does. It doesn't seem to follow the prompt as well or maybe I just used it wrong.
Something a little gentler perhaps? ...

Udio | Reflections by Secret Chief | AI Music Generator - Official Website

Udio | Pulsar by Secret Chief | AI Music Generator - Official Website

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So you can tell if AI was utilised or not then?
That's the thing about it that bothers me

It can pass stuff off as human which I think is nothing short of fraudulent

Maybe the future involves a mergure of human and computer

I hope that never happens

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
That's the thing about it that bothers me

It can pass stuff off as human which I think is nothing short of fraudulent

Maybe the future involves a mergure of human and computer

I hope that never happens
You do realise you're conversing with a chatbot? :oops: