• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meeting Other Posters In The Real World

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought it might be about Irish terrorists or investment money. But on this thread I knew what it was because I looked it up last week and I still remember it.

I think I am not interested in meeting anyone irl but maybe if there was a party I could* go. We could all guess who's who.

*Freudian slip. I meant would not could.

Wirey

Fartist
I wonder how many other posters are as weird as I am.
I don't want to meet any RF posters out in the real world.
Why?
If I know you here, I already know your avatar & persona/personality.
But to meet you IRL is potentially awkward, & therefore demands effort.
(Oddly, this aversion doesn't afflict me in technological history forums.)

But I enjoy seeing that some other posters meet, & even find romance on RF.
Good for you guys!

Yeah, I'm one of the more socially awkward posters here.
But you already know that.

So fellow posters.....do you enjoy meeting others?
Do you avoid meetings?
All commentary is welcome.

Back during the HC forums, I went to your museum during a road trip and eyeballed you. I was going to introduce myself, but I wasn't 100% sure it was you (it was I found out later), and I didn't want you to find out I really do look like Fabio.

I had a beer with Netpilot and Jpeter in Utah, I think, but it was right around when my brain went kablooie and I might have dreamt it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Back during the HC forums, I went to your museum during a road trip and eyeballed you. I was going to introduce myself, but I wasn't 100% sure it was you (it was I found out later), and I didn't want you to find out I really do look like Fabio.
It must've been me.....there's very seldom anyone else here.
So you were the shy guy with rippling sweaty muscles & the perfect flowing tresses, eh!
I had a beer with Netpilot and Jpeter in Utah, I think, but it was right around when my brain went kablooie and I might have dreamt it.
At least you forgot about that time in Vegas.
Where are those guys now.....some lesser forum?

Wirey

Fartist
It must've been me.....there's very seldom anyone else here.
So you were the shy guy with rippling sweaty muscles & the perfect flowing tresses, eh!

At least you forgot about that time in Vegas.
Where are those guys now.....some lesser forum?

I have no idea. The last time I spoke with them was when I first left hospital.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have no idea. The last time I spoke with them was when I first left hospital.
Tell'm to join us here!
I can't remember them (other than recognizing the names) anymore.
Toejam joined a few years agon & I gave him a friendly welcome (really!), but he got himself banned within an hour.
I don't know what he did, but it wasn't to me, & it must've been a doozy.

Last edited:

Wirey

Fartist
Tell'm to join us here!
I can't remember them (other than recognizing the names) anymore.
Toejam joined a few years agon & I gave him a friendly welcome (really!), but he got himself banned within an hour.
I don't know what he did, but it wasn't to me, & it must've been a doozy.

Yeah, TK kinda went nuts at the end.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Well, I suspect the odds are very low that I would meet an RF member since honestly the active members are small in number. But I wouldn't have a problem with bumping into one at all - especially the Hindu members. Who knows, perhaps at some temple I already have. The world is strange in that way, and smaller than folks think. Once at a HK temple in Brooklyn NY, I met an Indian girl in the temple store, just a brief conversation since she didn't know the streets and needed directions. Then years later I met a family in India and got married, well of all the dang things it turns out that gal in Brooklyn was a sister of the gal I married!

What a tiny world.

So anyway, I don't think the title of this post is accurate, viz "meet in the real world". Because it seems to me 57.2% of the members do not live in the real world. But that is ok. There is no "real" per say.

Fyi, I did see one member at a Hindu temple, his wife and daughter as well. But he doesn't even realize it was me. But typically, I dress all in black. If you see a Hindu all in black, you may have met ShivaFan. But many Hindts know me, just by a different name. But I have five names. And five "personalities".

But one reason I do not like to reveal my real person on the internet is, there are some who are looking to find me. Old haunts from olden days. Lots of characters. Some good. Some bad. Some just want to relive the old days and adventures.

But... I am sort of a lone wolf in the long run. It can be too much if too much "clinging" is involved. But my favorites to meet, are always Indians (from India). That has always been true for me since a tiny one.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I'm really weird.

I only ever met one person in real life that I posted to on a website. It was a business dealing, but I'm not in contact with them anymore.

In person is not as good for me. I am chit-chat challenged. I have a hard time coming up with conversation in real life. Websites solve that problem since I can think and edit what I say, before posting.
People think first and edit here? I am outclassed.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I wonder how many other posters are as weird as I am.
I don't want to meet any RF posters out in the real world.
Why?
If I know you here, I already know your avatar & persona/personality.
But to meet you IRL is potentially awkward, & therefore demands effort.
(Oddly, this aversion doesn't afflict me in technological history forums.)

But I enjoy seeing that some other posters meet, & even find romance on RF.
Good for you guys!

Yeah, I'm one of the more socially awkward posters here.
But you already know that.

So fellow posters.....do you enjoy meeting others?
Do you avoid meetings?
All commentary is welcome.
Alright, I'll ask; how weird are you?

You really wouldn't want to meet us (and of course by us, I mean me) in real life? How sad.

What do you mean by potentially awkward?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Alright, I'll ask; how weird are you?
I'm a 7.4.
You really wouldn't want to meet us (and of course by us, I mean me) in real life? How sad.
Sad?
No.
To meet on line has its value....no judging by appearance or class....even gender is often irrelevant.
What do you mean by potentially awkward?
On line we discuss the things we discuss.
IRL we'd need to explore new areas.
There might be small talk.
And what if you have a distracting mole?

Curious George

Veteran Member
I'm a 7.4.

Sad?
No.
To meet on line has its value....no judging by appearance or class....even gender is often irrelevant.

No distracting mole.
I'm a 7.4.

Sad?
No.

sorry no distracting moles or any other facets of my appearance that would cause alarm.

Small talk...hmm...that could be a problem. I figured that we would get assigned conversation cards like in Monte python. But failing that, we could, after the fashion of today, sit silently in the same room, posting to each other on RF.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Small talk...hmm...that could be a problem. I figured that we would get assigned conversation cards like in Monte python. But failing that, we could, after the fashion of today, sit silently in the same room, posting to each other on RF.
I'm already doing that.
And you say you have no mole.....but it could be planning a sneak assault.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Smart_Guy

Don't include everyone in "you guys", Smart Guy, folks like me like to meet with a Saudi. In fact we "guys" like me meet with all sorts of folks, and I will be visiting Dubai after I retire and may also visit Saudi Arabia. So I bet lots of "you guys" would like to meet a Saudi, anyway, no problem for me that's for sure - what would be real interesting is to go to Saudi Arabia, it's on my "bucket list".