• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebanon… the Key to Understanding the Palestinian Issue

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In your post you failed to address many points.
Another dancer.

How about just one point:

Is there a difference between Hamas coming in and killing everyone vs Israel targeting Hamas militants that are shooting rockets where civilians are at and there are civilian casualties in Israel's efforts to stop rockets?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Another dancer.
You're more of a prancer.
How about just one point:

Is there a difference between Hamas coming in and killing everyone vs Israel targeting Hamas militants that are shooting rockets where civilians are at and there are civilian casualties in Israel's efforts to stop rockets?
There is a difference in your
simplified hypothetical scenario.

Back to the real world....
You approve of Israel's actions,
of continuing them all.

Kenny

Premium Member
You're more of a prancer.

There is a difference in your
simplified hypothetical scenario.

Back to the real world....
You approve of Israel's actions,
of continuing them all.

Hypothetical? Are you dreaming?

But to answer your question… I cannot approve of every action but the overall effort to find every tunnel and destroy every weapon… yes.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you approve of the results?
I’m not sure what your question is… let me repeat:

I cannot approve of every action but the overall effort to find every tunnel and destroy every weapon… yes.

If what you are asking is, “Is it a great thing that the Palestinians are displaced because of the war?” Of course not. Did Israel have any choice? Looking at the hundreds of miles of tunnels and uncountable amount of weaponry being manufactured and aimed at Israel, the answer is “No, they didn’t have a choice”.

They are doing the best that is possible under those circumstances.

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

..top-15-bible-verses-about-israels-future..

God continues to fulfill His covenant with Israel.
Who and what is "Israel" in this definition?
There was no modern "Israel" when those Bible verses were written.

I think that you are deluded, into thinking that G-d is effectively a racist, by
supporting a nation just because of their heritage.

You should know better .. what did some so-called believers do to Jesus?
You think that G-d supported that???

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Any clue why?

.to separate the "haves" from the "have-nots" ?

No, to separate the terrorists from the potential victims, such as what happened on 10-7. Hamas and other Iranian proxies have openly admitted that they want the demise of Israel. They have continuously declared war on Israel and yet some people like you defend them. Since this is clearly the case, Israel has no choice but to fight back.

metis

I don't see the pop. of Israel being herded into a corner, or Israelis driven from their homes.

It's obvious that you are oblivious of the fact that several thousand Israel's have had to leave their homes in the north because of Hezbollah.

Kenny

Premium Member

Not in your eyes, but God had prophesied that Israel would be formed again

Jeremiah 30:1-2
New International Version
30 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. 3 The days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restorethem to the land I gave their ancestors to possess,’ says the Lord.”

Will you argue with God?

I think that you are deluded, into thinking that G-d is effectively a racist, by
supporting a nation just because of their heritage.

God is the Father of all people and there is racism in Him. There is only one race… the human race.

However, if you want to argue with God, please be my guest.

You should know better .. what did some so-called believers do to Jesus?
You think that G-d supported that???

Have no idea where you are going with this… no one took the life of Jesus (pbuh), He gave it freely. He could have called a legion of angels but didn’t because he had you in his mind.

metis

There has always been a Jewish presence there even though the majority were driven out by the Romans almost 2000 years ago. The majority of "Palestinians" were given "Jordan", which encompassed roughly 4/5 of what the Brits called "Palestine" that they created.

muhammad_isa

No, to separate the terrorists from the potential victims, such as what happened on 10-7..
..and is the "strategy" working? (rhetorical question)

Hamas and other Iranian proxies have openly admitted that they want the demise of Israel. They have continuously declared war on Israel and yet some people like you defend them..
Like me??
That is pure projection and assumption. Where have I supported racist philosophy on these forums?

metis

..and is the "strategy" working? (rhetorical question)

Like me??
That is pure projection and assumption. Where have I supported racist philosophy on these forums?

Where did I say you were "racist"? Do you often make such assumptions minus evidence?

Is Israel's strategy working? To a large extent, yes. Is it perfect? No. But could you imagine the bloodshed that would happen if Israel were to stop fighting back?

Kenny

Premium Member
You what?? :)

.and there's me thinking that he was betrayed by Judas.
You have to read the whole story and not just select ones that support your position. Jesus knew of the betrayal and was prophecied.

John 10:18 No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”

Matt 26: 53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

Did you not know what G-d said was going to happen to Jesus (pbuh)

Or would like to take up with G-d what He said He was going to do and what His will is?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I’m not sure what your question is… let me repeat:

I cannot approve of every action but the overall effort to find every tunnel and destroy every weapon… yes.

If what you are asking is, “Is it a great thing that the Palestinians are displaced because of the war?” Of course not. Did Israel have and choice? Looking and the hundreds of miles of tunnels and uncountable amount of weaponry being manufactured and aimed at Israel, the answer is “No, they didn’t have a choice”.

They are doing the best that is possible under those circumstances.
FYI, this was just to clarify things.
You've done that.

muhammad_isa

You have to read the whole story and not just select ones that support your position. Jesus knew of the betrayal and was prophecied..
I'm aware of that..

John 10:18 No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily..
Where would you be without 'Gospel of John' ?
It is is full of "Christology" .. whatever that is.

Matt 26: 53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
Of course "it must be" .. but that does not mean that Jesus volunteered to be crucified..
He did NOT commit suicide!

Kenny

Premium Member
I'm aware of that..

Where would you be without 'Gospel of John' ?
It is is full of "Christology" .. whatever that is.
Where would you be without the different Qurans?
Of course "it must be" .. but that does not mean that Jesus volunteered to be crucified..
He did NOT commit suicide!

There is a difference between suicide and laying down one’s life. Did you know that?