• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebanon… the Key to Understanding the Palestinian Issue

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

This was eye=opening and informative for me. Now I understand the purpose behind a Two-State solution… to implement the solution of eradicating the Jewish population and then Christians are next.

danieldemol

Premium Member

This was eye=opening and informative for me. Now I understand the purpose behind a Two-State solution… to implement the solution of eradicating the Jewish population and then Christians are next.
Do you seriously expect us to watch an hour and 16 minute bible sermon?

Just timestamp the point where they get past the Biblical rambling to providing real evidence that a two state solution is there for the purpose of eradicating Jews and Christians please, otherwise your comment just comes across as unfounded unhinged far-right paranoia in my view.

danieldemol

Premium Member
@Kenny
I had some time to kill and managed to crawl through the rambling. In my view nowhere in the entire clip was a "two state solution" or its "purpose" discussed, and if that's what you got from it I would honestly recommend mental health treatment as someone who has had paranoid delusions in the past myself prior to treatment.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You base an opinion on what one person says and ignore the history about the original 1947 UN decision to give both peoples a homeland? That's really sad that you can so easily have your judgement twisted.

danieldemol

Premium Member
You base an opinion on what one person says and ignore the history about the original 1947 UN decision to give both peoples a homeland? That's really sad that you can so easily have your judgement twisted.
It doesn't even seem based on what anyone other than Kenny has stated to me, the clip does not even discuss a two state solution or its purpose. I lost an hour and a quarter of my life I'll never get back to an irrelevant clip in my opinion.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Brigitte Gabriel isn't the best source of information about Middle Eastern affairs because she is prejudiced against Muslims and Arabs, as well as a rabid Zionist associated with the radical CUFI group (run by the rather noxious John Hagee) and worked with Pat Robertson. She's just a political activist. It's ironic that she defends Israel, when Israel committed war crimes against the Lebanese in the '80s. What they did to civilians then looked like a massacre from Vietnam.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do you seriously expect us to watch an hour and 16 minute bible sermon?

Just timestamp the point where they get past the Biblical rambling to providing real evidence that a two state solution is there for the purpose of eradicating Jews and Christians please, otherwise your comment just comes across as unfounded unhinged far-right paranoia in my view.
No… only those who are really interested in truth will spend that amount of time.

It was very informative on how 70% Christian Lebanon were persecuted and killed to establish a front against Israel.

Kenny

Premium Member
Not at all… this is about Lebanon and how it went from a blessed Christian nation to an Hesbollah terror organization. It underlines the real reason for the two-state solution… to have a base to facilitate a Jewish genocide. It is the reason why nothing has worked.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Not at all… this is about Lebanon and how it went from a blessed Christian nation to an Hesbollah terror organization. It underlines the real reason for the two-state solution… to have a base to facilitate a Jewish genocide. It is the reason why nothing has worked.
That is not the motive of those who propose a two state solution in my view Kenny, of course there are Islamic militants who want to rule the world and genocide those who disagree, but they want a one islamic state solution, not a two state solution.

What you appear to be proposing is the complete genocide of Palestinians as opposed to cracking down on militants to give moderates who may be willing to live side by side with Israel a chance.

Whether some of those Palestinians are Christian or not doesn't even seem to matter to you.

Kenny

Premium Member
That is not the motive of those who propose a two state solution in my view Kenny, of course there are Islamic militants who want to rule the world and genocide those who disagree, but they want a one islamic state solution, not a two state solution.
Why do you think that the Palestinians were thrown out of Jordan? Why is it that Egypt doesn’t want the refugees? It’s all in the report
What you appear to be proposing is the complete genocide of Palestinians as opposed to cracking down on militants to give moderates who may be willing to live side by side with Israel a chance.

Not at all… just looking at the purpose for what we see. How do you propose to crack down on militants?
Whether some of those Palestinians are Christian or not doesn't even seem to matter to you.
I do care… what makes you think I don’t?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Why do you think that the Palestinians were thrown out of Jordan? Why is it that Egypt doesn’t want the refugees? It’s all in the report
Probably because they were engaging in violent conflict with the Jordanian king if the clip (is that what you mean by report?) is to be believed. But those militants presumably did not want a two state solution, so you appear to be misattributing purpose that belongs to a one islamic state solution to a two state solution.
Not at all… just looking at the purpose for what we see. How do you propose to crack down on militants?
That should be the job of the UN peace keeping forces, until they get there act together and take over the IDF is the stop gap but it isn't their place to be a permanent solution in my view.
I do care… what makes you think I don’t?
Because Palestinian Christians deserve to live in their homes unoccupied and not forced to be evicted by Israeli settlers or Islamic militants or anyone else, and presumably to do that you need a functional Palestinian state - which you are opposing on the insistence that it could only be a jihadist one state attack base.

May as well assert that Lebanon should be taken over and the Lebanese evicted since Lebanon was used as an attack base by one islamic state jihadists while your at it, it makes as much sense to deny Lebanese moderates the chance to self determination as it does Palestinian moderates in my view.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Lebanon was not a Christian nation but it's a shame what happened to it.

Israel has had a strong anti two-state group for quite some time as well.

The mess is not an obvious - good vs bad.

Ajax

this is about Lebanon and how it went from a blessed Christian nation to an Hesbollah terror organization.
Lebanon was never a Christian nation, let alone a blessed one.

A 2010 study conducted by Statistics Lebanon, a Beirut-based research firm, cited by the United States Department of State found that Lebanon's population of approximately 4.3 million was estimated to be:[14]

45% Christian (Maronite, Eastern Orthodox, Melkite Catholic, Protestant, other Christian denominations non-native to Lebanon like Armenian Orthodox, Armenian Catholic, Syriac Orthodox, Syriac Catholic, Roman Catholic, Chaldean, Assyrian, and Copt)
48% Islam (Shia and Sunni)
5.2% Druze (included within the Muslim group in the Lebanese Constitution.)

It is believed that there has been a decline in the ratio of Christians to Muslims over the past 60 years, due to higher emigration rates of Christians, and a higher birth rate in the Muslim population.[316] When the last census was held in 1932, Christians made up 53% of Lebanon's population.[297] In 1956, it was estimated that the population was 54% Christian and 44% Muslim.
Lebanon - Wikipedia
Demographics of Lebanon - Wikipedia

Kenny

Premium Member
Probably because they were engaging in violent conflict with the Jordanian king if the clip (is that what you mean by report?) is to be believed. But those militants presumably did not want a two state solution, so you appear to be misattributing purpose that belongs to a one islamic state solution to a two state solution.

I think that you aren’t looking at the full scope of reality. Where did those militants move to? - To Lebanon!

That should be the job of the UN peace keeping forces, until they get there act together and take over the IDF is the stop gap but it isn't their place to be a permanent solution in my view.

You mean like the UNRWA? Really?

Because Palestinian Christians deserve to live in their homes unoccupied and not forced to be evicted by Israeli settlers or Islamic militants or anyone else, and presumably to do that you need a functional Palestinian state - which you are opposing on the insistence that it could only be a jihadist one state attack base.

I agree they should… But a two state won’t fix that… we have seen those results already.
May as well assert that Lebanon should be taken over and the Lebanese evicted since Lebanon was used as an attack base by one islamic state jihadists while your at it, it makes as much sense to deny Lebanese moderates the chance to self determination as it does Palestinian moderates in my view.
???

danieldemol

Premium Member
I think that you aren’t looking at the full scope of reality. Where did those militants move to? - To Lebanon!
Relevance?
You mean like the UNRWA? Really?
UNRWA is an aid organisation, why on earth would i propose an aid organisation be in charge of peacekeeping forces?
I agree they should… But a two state won’t fix that… we have seen those results already.
How can they have self determination without their own state? You appear to be contradicting yourself.

Also we have not seen the results of a two state solution yet because one hasn't been agreed upon.
Those question marks were in response to;
"May as well assert that Lebanon should be taken over and the Lebanese evicted since Lebanon was used as an attack base by one islamic state jihadists while your at it, it makes as much sense to deny Lebanese moderates the chance to self determination as it does Palestinian moderates in my view."

You are going to have to be more specific about your query than just posing question marks if you expect a meaningful response to them as I see it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah. A Nationalist movement given what they want when they said "mine" learned it can keep saying mine and getting more.
It looks like the attack on Oct 6th might just ne the excuse to finish the job.

Ajax

It was very informative on how 70% Christian Lebanon were persecuted and killed to establish a front against Israel.
OMG, what a terrible lie!!

Lebanon has the highest proportion of Christians of any Middle Eastern country, estimated to be between 34% and 40% (Wikipedia)
The Maronite Foundation in the World, an NGO, points out that some 34-42 percent of Lebanese voters are Christians.
The US Department of State in its 2021 report estimates the percentage of Christians in Lebanon to be 32%. https://www.state.gov/wp-content/up...21-INTERNATIONAL-RELIGIOUS-FREEDOM-REPORT.pdf
The last official census in Lebanon was carried out in 1932 showed that 54% were Christians, but you must take into consideration that Christians, being the most affluent Lebanese group of citizens, moved out of the country to avoid the wars. There is a huge number of Lebanese Christians living mainly in U.S. and Europe now.

Kenny, it seems that you can believe absolutely anything that will fit your perspective and you spread it around without checking any facts.

Last edited: