• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ken Ham's ark to be built out of gopher steel

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Noah was given a teaching by G-d, a message, that was the Ark. Those who accepted Noah got salvation from the sins, those who did not accept the message didn't.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What did accepting Noah entail?

[7:60]We sent Noah to his people and he said, ‘O my people, worship Allah, you have no other God but Him. Indeed, I fear for you the punishment of the great day.’
[7:61]The chiefs of his people said, ‘Surely, we see thee to be in manifest error.’
[7:62]He said, ‘O my people, there is no error in me, but I am a Messenger from the Lord of the worlds.
[7:63]‘I deliver to you the messages of my Lord and give you sincere advice, and I know from Allah what you do not know.
[7:64]‘Do you wonder that an exhortation has come to you from your Lord through a man from among yourselves, that he may warn you and that you may become righteous and that you may be shown mercy?’
[7:65]But they accused him of falsehood, so We saved him and those with him in the Ark, and We drowned those who rejected Our Signs. They were indeed a blind people.

It entailed believing in G-d and His commandments.
Regards

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
[7:60]We sent Noah to his people and he said, ‘O my people, worship Allah, you have no other God but Him. Indeed, I fear for you the punishment of the great day.’
[7:61]The chiefs of his people said, ‘Surely, we see thee to be in manifest error.’
[7:62]He said, ‘O my people, there is no error in me, but I am a Messenger from the Lord of the worlds.
[7:63]‘I deliver to you the messages of my Lord and give you sincere advice, and I know from Allah what you do not know.
[7:64]‘Do you wonder that an exhortation has come to you from your Lord through a man from among yourselves, that he may warn you and that you may become righteous and that you may be shown mercy?’
[7:65]But they accused him of falsehood, so We saved him and those with him in the Ark, and We drowned those who rejected Our Signs. They were indeed a blind people.

Regards
So, all those children who drowned were punished for their sins?

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate

Regards

Children tend to believe what they are told and are not accountable for what they believe. (Many children believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy; a little girl I know believes that Bigfoot is real because she watches "Bigfoot Hunters" with her Dad). To say, then, that God held children accountable for taking the words of their parents (as they are both socially conditioned AND hardwired [presumably by "God"] to do) ... then God condemns them as being blind and wicked and drowns them too ... Nooo, can't buy that. Ridiculous.