• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ken Ham's ark to be built out of gopher steel

jojom

Ken Ham: "Do you know what we need to do in response to the Supreme Court decision on Friday? . . . . For one, we need to build an Ark—a life-size Ark—as a sign to the world that God’s Word is true and the message of salvation is true. I thought of that as I visited the Ark construction site this afternoon."

need-to-build-an-ark-ham-family.jpg

Genesis 6:14 "Make yourself an ark of gopherwood huge fir beams, fastened with steel plates and bolts;
make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch Behr Marquee Exterior Semi-Gloss Enamel"

need-to-build-an-ark-lower-deck.jpg

I'm also amused by the pathetic nod to gopher wood with the several conifer trunks used as uprights. Like, why are you even bothering, Ken?
More pictures here: We Need To Build an Ark As a Sign To the World | Answers in Genesis

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No one knows for certain what exactly gopher wood is/was, and there is an ark built in Amsterdam based on the Noah's ark specs, but the computer models indicate that it's too unstable to try and launch, so there it sits.

Jumi

They should have used the tools, materials and techniques of the time. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were trolling.

averageJOE

zombie
They should have used the tools, materials and techniques of the time. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were trolling.
Not only that, after it was complete (IF they could finish it that way) they should launch it into the ocean through a violent hurricane and see if it can stay afloat.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Looking at the picture... I didn't know Noah have rivets and L-brackets? And cranes? Really? If mr Ham wants to prove a point, he should've built it the same methods Noah had to use. Otherwise, he's just proving that he can build a Ham's ark.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Are they going to make life sized models of two of each kind and stuff em all in there?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Ken Ham: "Do you know what we need to do in response to the Supreme Court decision on Friday? . . . . For one, we need to build an Ark—a life-size Ark—as a sign to the world that God’s Word is true and the message of salvation is true. I thought of that as I visited the Ark construction site this afternoon."

Genesis 6:14 "Make yourself an ark of gopherwood huge fir beams, fastened with steel plates and bolts;
make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch Behr Marquee Exterior Semi-Gloss Enamel"

I'm also amused by the pathetic nod to gopher wood with the several conifer trunks used as uprights. Like, why are you even bothering, Ken?
More pictures here: We Need To Build an Ark As a Sign To the World | Answers in Genesis
I applaud him. He listened well to his bedtime stories, both the bible and the three little pigs.

Had he not made these modifications, the big bad atheists would huff and puff and blow that ark down.

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
I want to see them do it as close to the biblical texts as possible so that I can laugh by hindquarters off when it doesn't float. I want to see that so, so bad ...

Unification

More misleading imagery. The ark is the brain/mind.