• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kama Sutra and Christianity

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I would say the vast majority of women in every religion and non-religious on the planet would disagree with you here. Even in some of the most devout religious marriages there's various levels of domination being practiced by both sides (male and female). Sexual intercourse by humans can be conducted for multiple reasons. Some for procreation but not exclusive. I believe humans have intercourse for pleasure more than for simply procreation. With that we have devised the most elaborate ways to have sex.

I think there is a difference between genital pleasure and aesthetic pleasure. Some people don't consider sex as a means to reach genital pleasure...but just a moment to share with the person you are in love with.
As I've already underlined, I think that sex is never a sin. We are discussing about the beauty of sexual intercourse...not about its legitimacy.

As for the position in which the man lies on the bed and the woman is on top...well...I think it cannot be considered as something "beautiful". Do you think it's romantic? I don't

Last edited:

jonathan180iq

I'm still not sure what the point of this thread is...

My lady and I have all kinds of "animalistic" intimacy and it's all very beautiful and full of love. If you can imagine it, then it happens - and it's all about love making and pleasing one another and sharing in something special between just the two of us.

There are things that you can't even dream of that are incredibly comfortable and fulfilling for both of us. (and I say that referring to all men and women.) And there are multiple positions and angles that are far superior to the missionary position, in terms of pleasure points being accessible. Missionary is just a common go-to for pretty much everyone in the world who has ever dipped the flesh flute into the caverns of ambrosia.

That being said, I have also been in situations and with women where the ultimate goal for both of us was not relational bonding, but just pure, full-on, adulterated lust... and there's nothing wrong with that. The only caution that I will put out there is that you both have to be emotionally mature enough to handle such scenarios and I don't know that very many people are. Based on the nature of this questioning, for example, I would say that the OP is not prepared for such a thing.

There will come a time in your life's progression where you realize all of this to be true - in doing so, the very limited view that most modern societies place on sex, even making it a fairly taboo subject in the public square even today, is only hindering our relational concepts. It's an anchor for no real reason at all.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It's a really good thing that women have a gay man to tell them how to have sex more "beautifully"

It's my female friends who told me when a position is romantic and when it is not...I am just saying what I was told. Of course they can't speak for all women.
But this thread is about romance...not about comfortableness.
well...many women prefer romantic (even if a bit uncomfortable) positions. what's wrong with that?

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I think there is a difference between genital pleasure and aesthetic pleasure. Some people don't consider sex as a means to reach genital pleasure...but just a moment to share with the person you are in love with.
As I've already underlined, I think that sex is never a sin. We are discussing about the beauty of sexual intercourse...not about its legitimacy.

As for the position in which the man lies on the bed and the woman is on top...well...I think it cannot be considered as something "beautiful". Do you think it's romantic? I don't

Well...love, romance and sex aren't exclusive. Neither are prerequisites for the other. Each are independent but can go hand in hand at times. Sex can be an extension of romance and love but sex is a means of physical stimulus.

Various positions are personal preferences. I personally believe that as long as two consenting people are careful then the positions don't really matter. Your position of choice has meaning for you but to another..a different position or positions are important to them.

Last edited:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
It's my female friends who told me when a position is romantic and when it is not...I am just saying what I was told. Of course they can't speak for all women.
But this thread is about romance...not about comfortableness.
well...many women prefer romantic (even if a bit uncomfortable) positions. what's wrong with that?

that you're taking what your small circle of friends has "told" you and extrapolating it to a universal statement.

You do this all the time. It's old.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
that you're taking what your small circle of friends has "told" you and extrapolating it to a universal statement.

You do this all the time. It's old.
:facepalm:
Again...this thread is not about what my friends think or what I think about the Kama Sutra.
It deals about the aesthetic aspect of sex. Firstly, if you agree that sex can be either beautiful or ugly, from a spiritual point of view (and here comes the definition of what romance is). And secondly, if you think that the Kama Sutra is something spiritually beautiful. After defining what romance is, of course

But given that I keep being misread...I would like to ask you a question, if I may:
"What is romance, in your opinion?"

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Anything done between individuals for the purposes of showing/gaining/maintaining affection.

That means romance can be all kinds of things to all kinds of people.

Exactly...:clap

This is why I contend Romance, Love and Sex aren't mutually exclusive to one another.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Anything done between individuals for the purposes of showing/gaining/maintaining affection.

That means romance can be all kinds of things to all kinds of people.

With all due respect, this sounds like the definition of love.
It is too generic. There must be a reason why they decided to create a word different than love: romance (or romantic love).

I like the definition from wikipedia
During the initial stages of a romantic relationship, there is more often more emphasis on emotions—especially those of love, intimacy, compassion, appreciation, and affinity—rather than physical intimacy. Romantic love in the early stages is often characterized by uncertainty,[1] along with emotional anxiety that love may not be returned:
so I guess that romance is more related to aesthetic pleasure. In fact all telenovelas portray a peculiar and defined kind of love.
A love that is born in a difficult situation, and that it originates thanks to aesthetic contemplation (so the telenovelas protagonists must be necessarily beautiful).

for all these reasons...I am sure that romance is something objective. That's why telenovelas and romantic comedies are very similar to one another.

Last edited:

Maldini

It's the exact same thing that makes religious people the butt of the joke : Pleasure is bad because... it's pleasure!

Grow up. Kama sutra, gang bangs, bunga bungas, there's no argument against these, of course as long as they're consensual.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
:facepalm:
Again...this thread is not about what my friends think or what I think about the Kama Sutra.
It deals about the aesthetic aspect of sex. Firstly, if you agree that sex can be either beautiful or ugly, from a spiritual point of view (and here comes the definition of what romance is). And secondly, if you think that the Kama Sutra is something spiritually beautiful. After defining what romance is, of course

But given that I keep being misread...I would like to ask you a question, if I may:
"What is romance, in your opinion?"

You're not being misread, you're stating your opinion as fact. Particularly when you speak for women having heterosexual sex, something you aren't, nor do, per your own claims.

To me, romance is an expression of love. Therefore any sexual position can be romantic. It's not that complicated.