• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam fights free speech

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Can someone explain or even attempt to justify this:?
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks 43
Killed 191
Injured 228
Suicide Blasts 6
Countries 14

All other religions combined.
ZERO

In just ONE week world wide.
This goes on every day world wide.
I just don't understand how murdering innocents promotes a religion.
Conversion at the point of a sword?

muhammad_isa

Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks 43
Killed 191
Injured 228
Suicide Blasts 6
Countries 14

Justify? What has it got to do with justifcation?
You want to learn more about Jehovah? You won't by asking questions like that

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
This article lists many recent instances of Western publishers and authors being threatened for criticizing Islam:

If Muslims want respect from non-Muslims, they have to stand openly and clearly against these sorts of attacks against modernity. I know, how about a new denomination of Islam that openly and clearly defines itself as a supporter of modern human rights and liberties?

Waffle! Colleywobblers! :)
Well, it is........
Today our BBC News ran the story of a black man being shot by police, together with a video recording of the man's wife calling out that the man, her husband, was unarmed. The BBC News continued on to say that demonstrations and riots were already starting up, and repeatedly mentioned the victims colour as black. At no time did the BBC report that the police officer involved was/is black.

We are constantly fed with part-stories here in the media's attempts to excite and attract our attention. I don't trust much that I read in the papers any more. We are fed rubbish, it would seem.

A much better examplee would be the lies about WMDs that were circulated by our governments and the media before the contrived Iraq invasion was undertaken.

And so..... Let;'s all put our own houses in order before we point anywhere else....... in self righteous hypocrisy.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks 43
Killed 191
Injured 228
Suicide Blasts 6
Countries 14

All other religions combined.
ZERO

In just ONE week world wide.
This goes on every day world wide.
I just don't understand how murdering innocents promotes a religion.
Conversion at the point of a sword?

No reasonable person could support Islamic Extremists' murder rates. Nobody.

But, today, were you the member who was (jokingly?) laughing at us Brits for trying to control knife-crime?
You are losing about 156 citizens every week to gun deaths in the USA, and nobody seems able enough or that interested in doing anything about it.

156 every week, that's more than 600 a month, isn't it?
I don't see how murdering innocents promotes your 2nd ammendment, really.

Our Mayor of London is a Muslim, and he for one, together with most Brit Muslims seek more accurate media reporting, which is what the rest of us wish for as well. :)

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Of a unspecified attack at an unspecified location

Your reason is nonsense.

Whatever,you're just try to justify the failure of CIA,
Two months of advanced warning were not short time,you actually try to cover the failure.

Shad

Veteran Member
Whatever,you're just try to justify the failure of CIA,

No I am pointing out that your reasons are nonsense and that you keep backpedaling in order to maintain a view you already hold. First it was "the CIA knew 9/11 was going to happen". Now it is "the CIA knew of an unspecified attack" Keep moving those goalposts

Two months of advanced warning were not short time,you actually try to cover the failure.

A two month warning without specifics is more or less useless. Your expectations are unreasonable.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
No I am pointing out that your reasons are nonsense and that you keep backpedaling in order to maintain a view you already hold. First it was "the CIA knew 9/11 was going to happen". Now it is "the CIA knew of an unspecified attack" Keep moving those goalposts

A two month warning without specifics is more or less useless. Your expectations are unreasonable.
You just denial the fact of CIA failure which is nonsense,actually.
Yes CIA knew about attackes before it's happened before two months.

Please educate yourself to admit the truth.

U.S.
BUSH WAS WARNED BIN LADEN WANTED TO HIJACK PLANES
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/16/us/bush-was-warned-bin-laden-wanted-to-hijack-planes.html?_r=0

Shad

Veteran Member
You just denial the fact of CIA failure which is nonsense,actually.

No I rejected your claim that they knew about 9/11 as a specific attack on a specific location, your moving the goalposts and unrealistic expectations

Yes CIA knew about attackes before it's happened before two months.

No they had information regarding a threat of an unspecified attack at an unspecified location.

Please educate yourself to admit the truth.

U.S.
BUSH WAS WARNED BIN LADEN WANTED TO HIJACK PLANES
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/16/us/bush-was-warned-bin-laden-wanted-to-hijack-planes.html?_r=0

Which does not point to a specific attack. You made false claim but continue to backpedal. Again I never denied they had warnings about something lacking details thus your point is a strawman. Try again son.

Also you show read this, same author, same paper but not supportive of your origin claims.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/30/u...n=search&contentPlacement=3&pgtype=collection

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Try again son.
So I try again.

First of all , It was not my claim.
It's yours sources EVIDENCES,it's know that CIA and Bush warned two months before 9/11.

I don't believe they got warning without some details.

I don't know how to make you understand this "we are talking about 2 months advanced warning NOT 2 hours".

Akivah

Just annoys me that this out of date, bastardised translation is still in use. I love God's Name, I wish people would get it right.

Are you aware that there is neither a "J" sound nor a "W" sound in the Hebrew language?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
@Godobeyer and @oldbadger ,

For the sake of keeping focus, let's say that everyone you're saying is true. Your points are off-topic.

No one here ever claimed that Islam's attacks on free speech are the only problems in the world. The existence of the other problems you bring up are independent of this particular problem.

Shad

Veteran Member
So I try again.

First of all , It was not my claim.

You voiced the claim here hence it was your claim.

It's yours sources EVIDENCES,it's know that CIA and Bush warned two months before 9/11.

No source has evidence they knew about a specific attack.

I don't believe they got warning without some details.

You have no evidence to justify this belief.

I don't know how to make you understand this "we are talking about 2 months advanced warning NOT 2 hours".

This is because you are irrational and do not know how to read anything you link. Again the problem is you.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You voiced the claim here hence it was your claim.

No source has evidence they knew about a specific attack.

You have no evidence to justify this belief.

This is because you are irrational and do not know how to read anything you link. Again the problem is you.

Yes , you can deny it until you death.you will gone and that report will not :D
CIA never deny that.

The White House said tonight that President Bush had been warned by American intelligence agencies in early August that Osama bin Laden was seeking to hijack aircraft but that the warnings did not contemplate the possibility that the hijackers would turn the planes into guided missiles for a terrorist attack.

The warning of the hijacking was given to the president at his ranch in Crawford, Tex., where he was on vacation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/16/us/bush-was-warned-bin-laden-wanted-to-hijack-planes.html?_r=1

Godobeyer

Premium Member
@Godobeyer and @oldbadger ,

For the sake of keeping focus, let's say that everyone you're saying is true. Your points are off-topic.

No one here ever claimed that Islam's attacks on free speech are the only problems in the world. The existence of the other problems you bring up are independent of this particular problem.
It's weird that you did not tag @Shad too !!!

I do believe there is limited freedom of speech in West too.

and you would be in personal problem if you choose to provoke people by name of freedom of speech.by individuals or authority.

Islam is religion never attacks free speech, some scholars by name of Islam maybe.
You may right if you said most of Muslim countries don't have freedom of speech in politic issue or maybe culture (with estimate by moral or immoral).

btw after 29 pages of thread , why you care about off-topic :D

Milton Platt

99.99% of your post and threads are anti-Islam and anti-Muslims.
are Western publishers criticizing other religions as Judiasm or hinduism or atheism...etc too?

I distingue between criticizing and insulting and faking the truth , sometimes provocation(hate).
Yes, you will find criticism of all these as well. Just not so often as there are none of those religious adherents planting bombs or shooting up malls in the United States. I have a friend who teaches in a private school which is Islamic. The boys and girls are segregated and cannot speak to each other. An open honest discussion of religion or morals is utterly forbidden. The kids must take time out each day in school to pray. If they don't want to, they are yelled at and forced. They are not allowed to openly question their religion. Is this indicative of all Muslims? probably not. But is a very obvious proportion of them. I do not see how this promotes free speech.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Yes, you will find criticism of all these as well. Just not so often as there are none of those religious adherents planting bombs or shooting up malls in the United States. I have a friend who teaches in a private school which is Islamic. The boys and girls are segregated and cannot speak to each other. An open honest discussion of religion or morals is utterly forbidden. The kids must take time out each day in school to pray. If they don't want to, they are yelled at and forced. They are not allowed to openly question their religion. Is this indicative of all Muslims? probably not. But is a very obvious proportion of them. I do not see how this promotes free speech.

for "boys and girls can't speak to each other " You can't force the Muslims to behave like non-Muslims.so inverse is correct.

I mean forbidden and not forbiden had no relate to this "Islam fights free speech".

I have allowed to openly question to my religion. I do think most of Muslims are capable too.

I do believe free speech could be harm even in West, and unacceptable sometimes.especially by individuals, that would cause serious harassement problem.

Muslim Woman Abused by Crowd, Kicked Out of Donald Trump Rally Interviewed by CNN