• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Infinity Possible

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
G. Cantor would not agree with you.

Ciao

- viole
I agree with Cantor that infinities are actual. Infinites are not like actual numbers, however. Infinities are more like functions in how they are defined than they are like numbers.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I agree with Cantor that infinities are actual. Infinites are not like actual numbers, however. Infinities are more like functions in how they are defined than they are like numbers.

Would you be surprised if I told you that simple things like the natural numbers are defined in terms of functions, too?

Ciao

- viole

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
My thought is, how is it possible for infinity to be represented in physical reality? Really think about it.

It is not possible for our concept of infinity to arise from observations of physical reality.

Kant called this type of knowledge 'anlytical a priori'
which means that it is knowledge inherent within us.
So we are not born as a 'blank slate'.
'Zero' would be another example of inherent knowledge.
This leads us to conclude that the universe is fundamentally a duality.

The conceptual is therefore something altogether different from the physical brain.
So the 'spirit' or the 'mind' can potentially survive physical death,
and also it predates physical birth.

This is because infinity and zero are concepts that we have not acquired in this life
as they do not actually exist in this physical world.