• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Hamas Giving Us False Casualties?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't know about that.
Western 21st century standards include brutality,
deadliness, & disregard for human rights too.
Especially when that olde tymie religion is involved.
I agree but I don't think of them as a western country or cause. Sort of like me visiting Seoul soon. I think we often assume places think the same way we do, but they don't - and that's OK.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I was thinking of USA primarily.
It's pretty western.

Some wonderful food there.
That's what my son keeps telling me! He was like "Mom. We have two suppers around here. We eat, and then we walk around and we have some coffee or something like that, and then before we go home we eat again!" I am going to gain weight, I just know it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
@Debater Slayer ,

Here are the numbers of women and children killed ( under 18? ) reported by the Palestinian authority between 10/26 and 11/10. See how regular it is? That's the point of the OP. These numbers don't make sense. And that is 1 reason among others in the article that the information provided by Palestine should not be trusted. They are not statistically consistent with what is expected.

View attachment 89469

Here's the author of the article in the OP:

View attachment 89470
This is a pretty baseless and desperate way to dismiss the numbers, and their regularity in some specific instances isn't really that surprising when you consider that they're not the number who died that day, but the number who were COUNTED that day, and these can be statistically influenced by things such as hospital capacity and available volunteers. And it's obviously pretty deceptive to pull numbers from only one fifteen-day period and pretend this is a uniform trend across all their death toll calculations when it isn't.

Also, you need to provide actual sources.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Interesting. I's love to see comparable data for the Ukraine.
Good point. It, too, looks "surprisingly uniform".

Guess we should doubt casualty numbers from the United Nations High Commission now, too.

Sargonski

Good point. It, too, looks "surprisingly uniform".

Guess we should doubt casualty numbers from the United Nations High Commission now, too.

No need to doubt .. as while the numbers may be off by a few percent .. Extermination of 10,000 Children as collective punishment for the crimes of Hamas is every bit as much a war crime as extermination of 12,000 children for the crimes of Hamas Either way .. as the Irish delegation to the UN say .. "The Hague is too good for Bibi"

How many innocent children were killed in the Warsaw Ghetto--- is estimated "Approximately 100,000 ghetto inmates had already died of hunger-related diseases and starvation before the mass deportations started in the summer of 1942."Warsaw Ghetto - Wikipedia

call it 30,000 children .. heck Bibi already a third of the way there .. in less than 6 months.. Brown shirts ain't got nothing on Bibi ..

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
That's not what the article has said. This sort of knee-jerk reaction prohibits "productive dialog". The point is the numbers cannot be trusted. The sources of information coming from Palestine are consistently fabricated. The reader is expected to react emotionally, and their brain switches off.

Even if the number is being inflated... Why would it matter in practice? Is there any doubt that far more than 1200 palestinians have been killed as a result of this invasion?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
They'd benefit even more by releasing the 134 hostages they took are are still keeping prisoner.
Since they won't, they obviously haven't had enough bombings. So let it continue.
Totally disgusting and shameful. People like you who say such sick things should be forced to go there and experience it. Develop some humanity, please.

The IDF idiots have killed a bunch of the hostages, by the way. They don't know where they are, so those bombs will be landing on them, too. You don't care about the hostages, just like Israhell doesnt.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Even if the number is being inflated... Why would it matter in practice? Is there any doubt that far more than 1200 palestinians have been killed as a result of this invasion?

That might matter if it was a game rather than a war.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Totally disgusting and shameful. People like you who say such sick things should be forced to go there and experience it. Develop some humanity, please.

Disgusting and shameful is taking hostages, and not releasing them when you know you've lost and are supposedly desperate for the war to end.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
They'd benefit even more by releasing the 134 hostages they took are are still keeping prisoner.
Since they won't, they obviously haven't had enough bombings. So let it continue.

First, what makes you think the bombing would stop if they released the hostages? If anything, Israel would need to be even less cautious.

Second, if you actually valued the lives of those hostages you wouldn't want any bombing to happen, since that further risks their lives.

Third, what makes you think it is under the power of a regular citizen to release the hostages?

Laniakea

Not of this world
First, what makes you think the bombing would stop if they released the hostages? If anything, Israel would need to be even less cautious.

Taking hostages after killing 1,200 innocents is what got it started. Keeping the hostages is certainly not going to make it end.

Second, if you actually valued the lives of those hostages you wouldn't want any bombing to happen, since that further risks their lives.

No doubt what Hamas was counting on.

Third, what makes you think it is under the power of a regular citizen to release the hostages?

Those "regular citizens" should pressure their Hamas masters to do it then.