• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Hamas Giving Us False Casualties?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Taking hostages after killing 1,200 innocents is what got it started. Keeping the hostages is certainly not going to make it end.

No doubt what Hamas was counting on.

Those "regular citizens" should pressure their Hamas masters to do it then.
And what about the remainder of the young West Bank protesters Israelis hold without trial? And I will say here and now that I'm not up to date on these detainees, by either side, but IIRC there are a lot more than the Hamas hostages, which my heart goes out to, as well. It's just a two-sided MESS, IMO.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Since when did it become acceptable to kill thousands of human shields just to get to terrorists that are posing no immediate threat?

Why are you trying so hard to justify the actions of Hamas terrorists? You quote their numbers as if reliable, and you justify their actions as if legitimate.

Laniakea

Not of this world
It is increasing international support for Gaza. I suspect this was a main drive behind October 7.

(It was a horrible act and such actions have no justification, but that goes for the reactions from Israel as well. They are only making the situation worse for everyone.)

If taken and holding civilian hostages is how those people gain increasing international support, I'm not sure I'd want those nations supporting me. Evil people support evil actions. Decide for yourself what type of people you want support from.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Why are you trying so hard to justify the actions of Hamas terrorists? You quote their numbers as if reliable, and you justify their actions as if legitimate.

Why are you trying so hard to build a strawman? I have never justified Hamas' actions, nor said their numbers are reliable.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
If taken and holding civilian hostages is how those people gain increasing international support, I'm not sure I'd want those nations supporting me. Evil people support evil actions. Decide for yourself what type of people you want support from.

Hamas didn't gain additional international support, but Gaza did.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Hamas didn't gain additional international support, but Gaza did.

You mean from the Houthis who murder civilians in the shipping industry, or the Iranians who Biden can't help but shoveling billions of dollars to?
Either way, not the company I'd wanna keep.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

What I mean is they were hoping for the response from Israel they got, making Israel look bad due to a bigger death rate and suffering of the citizens.

This does of course, make Hamas horrible. But it's not an excuse for Israel to kill citizens. I don't see a terrorist group that did horrible things hiding amongst the populace with hostages as justification for killing innocent people.

Laniakea

Not of this world
What I mean is they were hoping for the response from Israel they got, making Israel look bad due to a bigger death rate and suffering of the citizens.

This does of course, make Hamas horrible. But it's not an excuse for Israel to kill citizens. I don't see a terrorist group that did horrible things hiding amongst the populace with hostages as justification for killing innocent people.

Good thing that's not happening then.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Totally disgusting and shameful. People like you who say such sick things should be forced to go there and experience it. Develop some humanity, please.

The IDF idiots have killed a bunch of the hostages, by the way. They don't know where they are, so those bombs will be landing on them, too. You don't care about the hostages, just like Israhell doesnt.
I've pointed out this very thing a few times before and nobody even responded to it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've pointed out this very thing a few times before and nobody even responded to it.
And let's not forget that Israel executed some
escaped hostages who carried a white flag.
IDF soldiers mistook innocent Israeli hostages
for innocent Palestinian civilians.
Israel intends killing civilians. Their denial is
betrayed by their actions. Especially subjecting
hundreds of thousands to starvation because
this will kill some Hamas fighters.