• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If your religion makes you treat others badly or causes you to look down on others, you're better off not having it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
All that matters is respecting people's free will.

But if my religion tells me to repudiate evil, I cannot side with evil people.
;)

I still respect their freedom, though.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I actually have neighbors that raise goats for milk, cheese and meat. I've never eaten any myself, but the cheese and milk is very good.
I know people raise goats for their milk and cheese, but this is the first I've heard of raising them for meat.

Erebus

Going by the question as asked then yes, that hypothetical person would be better off without their religion.

In my opinion, it's perhaps more pertinent to ask whether the religion is the cause of that hypothetical person's superiority complex or merely an outlet for it. Some people do seem to be happier and kinder after leaving a religion. Others either remain equally as obnoxious as they always were or they become even worse.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
People don't eat goats here in the States. I suppose the method in which the goat is killed would matter to the goat. While I'm aware of animal husbandry practices, I'm not aware of how the goat would be killed in a puja.
Neither do I. But govt regulations are followed. It's not anything hush hush. People have to get permission of police before doing any of this. That much I know.
In India people non-veg people mostly eat goat among mammals. Indian biriyani is made of goat meat originally.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
People don't eat goats here in the States. I suppose the method in which the goat is killed would matter to the goat. While I'm aware of animal husbandry practices, I'm not aware of how the goat would be killed in a puja.
That is simply wrong.

I have ordered goat in two local Greek restaurants.

Halal goat is readily available in a number of nearby stores, I have purchased and prepared goat often, and I would suggest that the halal label deserves to be respected.