• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have another question for YOU to ignore

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why was the word "union" added to Galatians 2:20 in the New World Translation Bible?
http://biblehub.com/galatians/2-20.htm
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/galatians/2/

20 I am nailed to the stake along with Christ.+ It is no longer I who live,+ but it is Christ who is living in union with me.

New International Version
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
King James Bible
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I have been crucified with The Messiah, and from then on I myself have not been living, but The Messiah is living in me, and this that I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of The Son of God, he who has loved us and has given himself for us.
Douay-Rheims Bible
And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. And that I live now in the flesh: I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself for me.
Young's Literal Translation
with Christ I have been crucified, and live no more do I, and Christ doth live in me; and that which I now live in the flesh -- in the faith I live of the Son of God, who did love me and did give himself for me;

JesusBeliever

Hi sister, looks like you've gotta thread all of your own! :)
Hope you don't mind if I join you.
I have a habit of looking up the NWT whenever a verse comes to mind to see how different it is from other versions.
And a verse tonight that surprised me, being translated like most versions is Isaiah 9:6.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Assuming there is structure in Cause and Effect, and there is truth to the matter, "you will reap what you sow",* is it possible
that the The World is tempting God to see what the pit looks like?

Matthew 15:14

Matthew 6:13

*and for you cutie cutes out there, assuming there is A God

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is the Bible, which you hope in for treasure in Heaven, a forgery?

Matthew 6:20-21

Forgery: the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected;

The forger copied Matthew 24:4 thus; Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you......."

THINK about that. THE SHEPHERD is telling his sheep that they should not be led by someone else.

John 10:4-5 John 10:27 Revelation 14:5 Jude 1:24-25

But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice. and Watch out that no one deceives you, contradict each other. When that happens in MATH, what do you get? I don't know, you tell me. I think you get a zero. Am I right?

Are you ever going to ask me the actual meaning of Matthew 24:4? No? I did not think so.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OKG I am not teasing you. I have already posted what [I think] it means.

Nobody obeyed that one.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is it that the translated Hebrews 10:25 isn't something which would attract evil men to lead?

A job that promises obedience from the lesser men, the women and the children, is something that a good man or a bad man might like?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Uha So, um, maybe because just one person knows it is a forgery, it can't be a forgery?

Maybe someone else knew in 1495 but got slaughtered for knowing. Maybe someone in 1965 knew, but there was nobody listening. Is that possible?

Nobody listening. I know what that feels like.

I am trying the idea out here before I go to, go to someone else. Zero people believe me here and zero want to talk about it. Seems a waste of time to go somewhere else.

Someone told me his or her fear of becoming public, so there might be something to that.

It might make a good story though.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did I ever imply that those who helped forge the Bible did so intentionally?

Romans 10:2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God,+ but not according to [accurate knowledge -Strong's 1922].

Big sigh........... 1922 ἐπίγνωσις, εως, ἡ epignósis

epignósis: recognition, knowledge
Original Word: ἐπίγνωσις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: epignósis
Phonetic Spelling: (ep-ig'-no-sis)
Short Definition: knowledge, discernment, recognition
Definition: knowledge of a particular point (directed towards a particular object); perception, discernment, recognition, intuition.

acknowledgement.From epiginosko; recognition, i.e. (by implication) full discernment, acknowledgement -- (ac-)knowledge(-ing, - ment).

From epiginosko; recognition, i.e. (by implication) full discernment, acknowledgement -- (ac-)knowledge(-ing, - ment).

see GREEK epiginosko

acknowledge: to recognize the quality of it

What is the quality of God's Word?

Weymouth New Testament
For I bear witness that they possess an enthusiasm for God, but it is an unenlightened* enthusiasm.

* Sans Holy Spirit

JesusBeliever

Matthew 15:14
That verse reminded me of these verses:

"And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also? Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." John 9:39-41

OceanSoul

This is fun!

It is written Jesus says, "get away from me".

Why does he say that?

Depart is a verb and away is a place. What will he tell them?

Matthew 7:22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Matthew 7:22-23

Maybe he's referring to people with the wrong intentions? Like a fraudulent priest or someone who claims to represent him but does evil things. Not sure.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think that if Hebrews 10:25 means do not forsake gathering together to make the body of the Christ complete, it wouldn't lessen God's will to also gather together physically. If the writer meant one thing, but you make it mean another thing, then you do not gather with the writer about it. You will have forsaken him, in that instance.

I beleive in going by what the writer said and not trying to read some other significance to it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What do aliens call this planet?

I believe one group calls it Nob. In fact it also became a place name.
1Sa 21:1 Then came David to Nob to Ahimelech the priest: and Ahimelech came to meet David trembling, and said unto him, Why art thou alone, and no man with thee?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I beleive in going by what the writer said and not trying to read some other significance to it.
I agree with you 100%, more if I could. What we have and what the writer wrote are not the same. First of all, the writer did not write in modern English. Agree?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Maybe he's referring to people with the wrong intentions? Like a fraudulent priest or someone who claims to represent him but does evil things. Not sure.

I believe it is someone who thinks he was invited to the wedding only to find out he wasn't on the list.

Mat 22:12 and he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding-garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then the king said to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and cast him out into the outer darkness; there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.