• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I feel trapped between Christianity, Islam, and Atheism.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Post#149

Why should one be afraid of Hell, if one is not doing any wrong?
One should do good things and look forward for good rewards instead.
Remembering G-d for doing good and abstaining from doing wrongs provides one peace of mind, heart and soul:
[13:29]‘Those who believe, and whose hearts find comfort in the remembrance of Allah. Aye! it is in the remembrance of Allah that hearts can find comfort;
[13:30]‘Those who believe and do good works — happiness shall be theirs, and an excellent place of return.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=13&verse=29
Regards

Kelly of the Phoenix

Post#149

Why should one be afraid of Hell, if one is not doing any wrong?
One should do good things and look forward for good rewards instead.
Remembering G-d for doing good and abstaining from doing wrongs provides one peace of mind, heart and soul:
[13:29]‘Those who believe, and whose hearts find comfort in the remembrance of Allah. Aye! it is in the remembrance of Allah that hearts can find comfort;
[13:30]‘Those who believe and do good works — happiness shall be theirs, and an excellent place of return.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=13&verse=29
Regards
The people telling him he's going to hell are the worst sort of faithless fools. Unless God is offering tons of rewards, they won't love Him.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
To the OP. The advice you're going to get on this forum is to trust yourself above all else. Trust your ability to reason. Make a a decision on what to believe based on reason and intellect. There you will find the religion that people here will steer you to: worship of yourself

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
To the OP. The advice you're going to get on this forum is to trust yourself above all else. Trust your ability to reason. Make a a decision on what to believe based on reason and intellect. There you will find the religion that people here will steer you to: worship of yourself
I would add with reason , the wisdom and the experience of the truthful and most successful and sincere people of the humanity.
Reason itself is not enough and does not take one to certainty. Please
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I would add with reason , the wisdom and the experience of the truthful and most successful and sincere people of the humanity.
Reason itself is not enough and does not take one to certainty. Please
Regards
I wish I knew what you are talking about, but I suspect I would disagree at the end of the day.