• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am sceptical of the Skeptics. Is it wrong?

use_your_brain

we can stop punishing people for blasphemy for a start and than god will sort this out for himself, i'm pretty sure if he exists he has the ability to do that.
You can not stop the radical/fundamentalist people practicing that such punishment since the religion advocates it.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
morality? what does it stand for? religious laws or cultural etiquette? in religion, morality merely base on religious teaching per se ( it is my personal opinion)..
My point is, maybe the religious teachings are wrong. Maybe they are misunderstood and, in actuality, go against God's will.

cambridge79

You can not stop the radical/fundamentalist people practicing that such punishment since the religion advocates it.

either they are spreading false teachings in wich case you can show them for being dishonest, or they are practicing true teachings in wich case people have the right to feel religions are actually dangerous.

for example you can't say at the same time that "islam is a religion of peace" and that "islam has the right to punish blasphemy with death" because one negates the other. You either stand on one side or you stand on the other.

Corthos

Great Old One

That's true... When scriptures are taken as 100% undeniable truth, then it blinds people to the fact that there are many conflicting "truths" that come with many interpretations. This is a danger of literalism... People will blindingly adhere to their "truths" and discard other ideas or interpretations as "false". This makes people prone to unquestioning suggestion...

A la the manipulation of those who left to unquestionably join ISIS. Manipulation can be easily wielded when you are told something is 100% true whether or not it ACTUALLY says that... People are flawed like that, even if a text is "perfect", and the more "perfect" it is, the more they can be duped.

use_your_brain

either they are spreading false teachings in wich case you can show them for being dishonest, or they are practicing true teachings in which case people have the right to feel religions are actually dangerous.
I am sure they do practice the true teaching from religion. Religion is actually dangerous to the guilty people.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I mean we can do nothing if the God punishes people in hell brutally.
People say that but I feel differently. In the bible, Jesus tells a parable about a dead rich dude and a dead poor dude. It is said there is a gulf you cannot cross. However, no one ever stops to wonder how they are talking to each other if it's truly that separate. Thus, I am under the impression that there are loopholes that no one ever thinks to exploit. :p

cambridge79

to me after life punishment does not make sense either, let alone eternal brutal sadistic punishment . anyway, what we can do? nothing.

or do I answer it in mistake? I mean do you oppose earthly punishment or after life punishment?

i oppose earthly punishment cause it's pointless and evil.
i don't care about after life punishment cause i don't believe in it like you don't care for example about christian hell cause you're not a christian.

use_your_brain

i oppose earthly punishment cause it's pointless and evil.
i don't care about after life punishment cause i don't believe in it like you don't care for example about christian hell cause you're not a christian.
earthly punishment is meaningful in the sense of justice among human kind and obedience to God even although it is evil.