• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am sceptical of the Skeptics. Is it wrong?

cambridge79

How could skepticism by harmful in any way, as long as it is done in the interest of reason?

you could end up discovering things you don't want to discover. Some people prefer the truth no matter what it leads to, other chose conforting lies. To them skepticism may end up to be harmful.

cambridge79

prove it.

according to you he doesn't need to. You clearly said before the burden of proof is on the one who claims god doesn't exists. You're claiming I am no god so according to you it's up to you to prove it. Use your brain please use your brain and be consistent with what you say.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No, we actually do not. We can believe you or not. We can even change our mind on this matter with little worry.
That there is no way to prove that anyone's claims to divinity are wrong.
Divinity is over-rated.
Did cambridge79 claimed to be G-d? What argument did he give that convinced you that he is god?So, henceforth you are a Theist. Right? Please
Regards

cambridge79

Did cambridge79 claimed to be G-d? What argument did he give that convinced you that he is god?So, henceforth you are a Theist. Right? Please
Regards

i didn't claim to be god. I presented him with a piece of paper written by god that in fact says i'm god. Basically the sacred text of my religion.
He wasn't able to find anything inconsistent in that so he accepted me as his god. Later we've found also a second piece of paper confirming the first piece of paper.
Now he is a blessed one.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Regards
I just feel like it. I may easily feel otherwise in a moment, and probably will.

@cambridge79 : No hard feelings, I hope? You were an OK deity while I believed in you. Hope we can remain friends.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Not really. I am no longer a theist because I changed my mind on a whim.

And @cambridge79 is not a theist either because in His divine transcendence he is quite beyond such mundane labels.

Of course, one could rightfully point out that our conceptions of divinity are not particularly demanding, which is certainly true right now.

At the end of the day, it is up to the believer, the theist, to decide what his or her deity is or should be. And it is a remarkably fluid and informal thing, too.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Not really. I am no longer a theist because I changed my mind on a whim.
And @cambridge79 is not a theist either because in HIs divine transcendence he is quite beyond such mundane labels.
So his claim was not convincing, now you realize that he was wrong in his claim. He just confused you. OK. I is understandable.
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
He was not wrong. I just do not feel like believing anymore.

I can make as many deities as I want, and dismiss them just as easily.

cambridge79

So his claim was not convincing, now you realize that he was wrong in his claim. He just confused you. OK. I is understandable.
Regards

no no. i never claimed anything. I have a piece of paper written by god that claims it, it's different. And i didn't confuse him i just let him free to decide, cause i gave him free will. Of course now after he die he will end up listening to justin bieber and watching honey boo boo videos for eternity. maybe.

but if you think that a single guy leaving my religion is enough to doubt my autority than Allah must be a complete fraud since in the history there are so many more people that have left his faith than people that have abandoned mine ( in fact he is the first i'm aware of ).

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Actually, my former deity, I refused the free will, remember? Too much trouble deciding whether I believed in that as well.