• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a former Seventh-day Adventist and now a Millerite Adventist

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
I once thought of him as God, but now I see him as a metaphor, he personalized the inner Christ that we are all part of, I see him as a myth, but with many pearls to be found within the myth. For me the whole Christian belief system is nothing more than plagiarism from many other religions, which to me is great, they all lead to the same place, within. Big difference isn't it, I bet you didn't except that from someone who was once a SDA lol.
My discovery of Shubert's International Date Line Theorem completely shattered my former beliefs in the SDA worldview that presupposes the continuation of the Sabbath to the New Testament age. I was completely decimated by Shubert's proof. Thus, I can't imagine what it would take to persuade me that God doesn't require holiness of me and that Jesus didn't die for my sins.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
My discovery of Shubert's International Date Line Theorem completely shattered my former beliefs in the SDA worldview that presupposes the continuation of the Sabbath to the New Testament age. I was completely decimated by Shubert's proof. Thus, I can't imagine what it would take to persuade me that God doesn't require holiness of me and that Jesus didn't die for my sins.
Yes, if that works for you then that's great, but it doesn't for me, but what I really hate is people believing that they only have the truths and all must be done their way, that's how the SDA teach, I'm glad to be out, or out of any church.

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
I was interested in all religions, mainly Buddhism, but that was a big no no to the church, but after years of searching I finally left.
I must confess that I know nothing of Buddhism, even after reading a small book about how it got started. Is it true that God doesn't communicate in dreams and visions in the Buddhist religion?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I must confess that I know nothing of Buddhism, even after reading a small book about how it got started. Is it true that God doesn't communicate in dreams and visions in the Buddhist religion?
Well they don't have a belief in a god, its more getting in touch with yourself, which I call the true SELF, we are all One in whatever you want to call it, I call it, Consciousness, or pure Source which most call God. I think the Buddha never talked about a god because it would only take us away from finding our true place in the Cosmos, we would continually feel under the thumb of this god, never growing in our self, that's how I see it.........Oh yea, I'm not a Buddhist, in fact I don't call myself anything, label free.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Then I'm curious to know if dreams and visions hold any significance to Buddhists.
To be honest I don't really know, I think they believe that this life as we know it is a dream, so dreaming from the dream is just another dream, its all about waking up from the dream, if you know what I mean ?.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Bienvenue, mon ami Zog. J'espere que vous restez ici et détendez avec nous.

Welcome, my friend Zog. I wish that you stay here and are relaxing with us.
Or more or less.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Bienvenue, mon ami Zog. J'espere que vous restez ici et détendez avec nous.

Welcome, my friend Zog. I wish that you stay here and are relaxing with us.
Or more or less.

Actually, Jeager, you're very close...

“I hope you stay here and relax with us."
I was hoping to use the present conjugation, not the present progressive conjugation.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I reserve the right to challenge anyones notion of hell with select readings from the Greek version of The Bible or the Hebrew if passages if applicable. :) In the interest of promoting the truth in everything of course.. :)
Even mine?

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
Oh yea, Ellen G White had a lot of visions and dreams, is that where you got this idea from ?
I was told by an atheist that people of different religions only have profound dreams and visions that pertain to their individual religious beliefs. I wanted to know if that was correct.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Didn't the Millerites say the second coming would happen around 1840 or 1850, and when it didn't happen everyone went back to business as usual?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I was told by an atheist that people of different religions only have profound dreams and visions that pertain to their individual religious beliefs. I wanted to know if that was correct.
I don't think that is correct for most people, most people of religion believe the words of what they call prophets, believing in their visions, but without finding their own, this is sad, we must drop all beliefs, and go within empty, so as to be full of what is within us, not full of someone else's beliefs and experiences.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Didn't the Millerites say the second coming would happen around 1840 or 1850, and when it didn't happen everyone went back to business as usual?
Yea that's true, a branch then got together and prayed to God for the truth, and they finally got the truth and hence, the SDA.

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
William Miller taught that the Lord would come "some time between March 21, 1843, and March 21, 1844." And later on for three short weeks, William Miller accepted the October 22, 1844 date for the end of the world as taught by other Millerites.

You missed what I had already posted about the significance of this movement:

Millerite Adventists have the honorable distinction of having five chapters in the Revelation of Jesus Christ pertaining directly to their movement, which includes a record of their disappointment and the promise that they must prophesy again. I must confess that God doesn’t fulfill His promises as quickly as I would like. The tenfold increase of light that William Miller saw in a dream that would vindicate him only began to be revealed about three decades ago.