• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am a former Seventh-day Adventist and now a Millerite Adventist

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
My religious beliefs are the most important thing about me. I believe that Christians have a responsibility to communicate divine illumination to the world for the purpose of bringing glory to God. I also believe that Christians shouldn't be deceived about anything and that true Christians everywhere need to be on the forefront of every important cause.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Welcome aboard :D

So who or what is Zog? I'm a cartoon fan but I've never heard of it!

Unless it is an abbreviation or something :)

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
Zog is an innocent character that falls in a very entertaining children's story by Julia Donaldson.

"Zog is the keenest dragon in school. He’s also the most accident-prone, getting into one scrape after another as he learns to roar and fly and breathe fire. But who is the mysterious little girl that keeps coming to his aid? And can she really help with his toughest test: capturing a princess?
Zog won the Galaxy Book Award in 2010 and the Oxfordshire Book Award 2011."

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
My religious beliefs are the most important thing about me. I believe that Christians have a responsibility to communicate divine illumination to the world for the purpose of bringing glory to God. I also believe that Christians shouldn't be deceived about anything and that true Christians everywhere need to be on the forefront of every important cause.
I'll never understand how Miller managed to keep a following. I mean, 1843 was 172yrs ago.

But velkominn none the less.

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
I'll never understand how Miller managed to keep a following. I mean, 1843 was 172yrs ago.

Millerite Adventists have the honorable distinction of having five chapters in the Revelation of Jesus Christ pertaining directly to their movement, which includes a record of their disappointment and the promise that they must prophesy again. I must confess that God doesn’t fulfill His promises as quickly as I would like. The tenfold increase of light that William Miller saw in a dream that would vindicate him only began to be revealed about three decades ago.

Zog Has-fallen

A Christian Truther
Seems like this would make an interesting thread.
I wouldn't know how to rephrase what I've already written on the subject. I'd give you a direct link but I rather keep my references to a minimum. If you don't mind, just google for The Millerite Interpretation of the Book of Revelation.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Finally someone else that doesn't believe Satan roams hell! Welcome to the forum, minion. :)

Oh, no! Don't get ZOG started, I've been there done that.:D

By the way I don't see Satan as roaming hell either.
The notion of hell is a pagan myth used for centuries by the "church" to scare hell out of people.

Welcome ZOG and nice to hear from you again.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Oh, no! Don't get ZOG started, I've been there done that.:D

By the way I don't see Satan as roaming hell either.
The notion of hell is a pagan myth used for centuries by the "church" to scare hell out of people.

I reserve the right to challenge anyones notion of hell with select readings from the Greek version of The Bible or the Hebrew if passages if applicable. :) In the interest of promoting the truth in everything of course.. :)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I see that you describe yourself as a Theistic Satanist. Is that anything like a Libertarian?

Nah, politically I would say I am socially left and fiscally right. :)

Libertarian? Spiritually, Yes, somewhat... I would say anti-status quo in all things. Add Satan, and auto-theism.. Shake..and stir..

Sorry, I know that is short -- I didn't want to derail your thread. =)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
My experience has been that the Seventh-day Adventist church is unquestionably abusive and extraordinarily censorious.

My wife's family are all SDA, so I know where you are coming from. They practically abuse children mentally, and they're not much nicer to adults. I think there are better ways to get your God on.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
My experience has been that the Seventh-day Adventist church is unquestionably abusive and extraordinarily censorious.
Yes I know what you are saying and most belief systems of any kind are no different, I have to say that they can be very censorious, they don't like anyone searching outside their belief system. I was interested in all religions, mainly Buddhism, but that was a big no no to the church, but after years of searching I finally left, and I didn't realize how much I was imprisoned by the church. I am a free man now, I can take any scripture from any belief and see the connection, that points me to my true self, my true self in God, as I am One in God.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I reserve the right to challenge anyones notion of hell with select readings from the Greek version of The Bible or the Hebrew if passages if applicable. :) In the interest of promoting the truth in everything of course.. :)

Well this is RF and challenges to conventional wisdom seem to be welcome.
I certainly welcome anyone's insight so GO FOR IT PLEASE.
What is you take on eternal damnation punishment in the common notion of
burning in hell forever?
That would be both the common hell of Christendom and
Islam. ( Islam's hell is a brutish place and extends completely thru the earth I'm told.)
Frankly both are myths originating in pagan lore.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyone's opinion on whether hell exists or not is welcome as far as I'm concerned.
(Hey. I'm actually making some real friends here. I like that.):hearteyes:

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Bienvenue, mon ami Zog. J'espere que vous restez ici et détendez avec nous.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I must ask psychoslice, who is Jesus Christ in your beliefs?
I once thought of him as God, but now I see him as a metaphor, he personalized the inner Christ that we are all part of, I see him as a myth, but with many pearls to be found within the myth. For me the whole Christian belief system is nothing more than plagiarism from many other religions, which to me is great, they all lead to the same place, within. Big difference isn't it, I bet you didn't except that from someone who was once a SDA lol.