• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dow Jones Down: Trump Takes Responsibility !

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Trump takes credit for all manners of things, real and above all imaginary, at least since his time as a candidate.

It would be unfair to deny him the chance to take the blame for economic hiccups as well.

Shaul

Premium Member
You write this as if there was something wrong someone needs to take responsibility (or credit) for. Stock market prices are like the temperature, some like it when it’s warmer and some like it cooler. There’s no blame to be assigned at all.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Whenever @Revoltingest posts something I dislike, I picture him in a kilt.
Of the same plaid wool my little sister's RCC school uniforms were required to be.
Wearing a blue fuzzy thong over his head on Christmas morning.

It works for me.

Tom
Um, well now...uh... Imma gunna pass on that visual. Quick, pass the mental floss.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Anyone who plays the market successfully understands the hiccup that occurs in futures. Only a fool panics and sells at the first sign of one. The greatest stock rise in history produced the greatest hiccup as well. It deserves one now and then, yet to some, they turn into Chicken Little.

I watch the business tickers and they saw it as I did. Nothing to worry about. CNN (Blitzer) tried to cause undo panic in ignorance. Bothered me, and I had to switch to FBN and Bloomberg to get the facts. I'm getting real disappointed in CNNs coverage of details being absent to try and make their "opinions" seem factual.

Yeah Fios took away my Bloomberg, CNN has been kinda silly through it all but at least I get the ticker and some charts I do miss Bloomberg though.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Foreign trade is important because the trade deficit is how we bleed off the extra money we create with a budget deficit. Money would pile up here if we didn't siphon it off with a trade imbalance. A balanced budget means trade deficits would deplete our money supply and we would go into a deflationary spin.
That's not how it works because the international exchange compensates for that. We've been running significant trade deficits for many decades now and yet we still have the strongest economy in the world. Trade deficits are a by-product of a problem but not the problem itself.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
That's not how it works because the international exchange compensates for that. We've been running significant trade deficits for many decades now and yet we still have the strongest economy in the world. Trade deficits are a by-product of a problem but not the problem itself.
What do you mean by international exchange?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Doesn't god control the stock market like he controls everything else in his divine wisdom? Got gets all the credit for an Eagles victory ina Super Bowl, yet we can't blame him for a minor stock market overcorrection?

Let's blame god!

It was definitely God that it went back up! :D

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What do you mean by international exchange?
It's all computerized now, but what happens is a daily adjustment of the value of each currency vis-a-vis the others, such as comparing the U.S. dollar to the Euro. Many decades ago it used to involve whipping gold from one country to another.

This is an example of the fluctuating rates, which reflect and compensate for trade deficits: Foreign Exchange Rates and Currency Exchange Rate Calculator - CNNMoney

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
It's all computerized now, but what happens is a daily adjustment of the value of each currency vis-a-vis the others, such as comparing the U.S. dollar to the Euro. Many decades ago it used to involve whipping gold from one country to another.

This is an example of the fluctuating rates, which reflect and compensate for trade deficits: Foreign Exchange Rates and Currency Exchange Rate Calculator - CNNMoney
That's what I thought. How does this affect the value if a dollar when I buy a hamburger?

Phantasman

Yeah Fios took away my Bloomberg, CNN has been kinda silly through it all but at least I get the ticker and some charts I do miss Bloomberg though.
Yeah. I watched today as the whole world dropped somewhat, Japan suffering most. Of course, the world looks to us when they react. Since the market closed today, coming back more than 50%, I'm waiting to see the effects of Japan, China, Taiwan and S Korea to watch them after the sweat. :D

In the adjustment, I watched as Papa Johns dropped while TripAdvisor soared. A good economic sign, IMO. It's time people started moving around again.